Deleted

Really...No explanation on the attack speed. Really No........No math? No fun :( You could just spend a few sentences.

And there are no answers for my fire pen question. You do realise, for your character, fire pen gem gives around 23% more damage on a 0 fire resist mob, right? right?

Attack speed is important! guys! I actually wonder if you can block me on this post?
"
zyysking wrote:
Really...No explanation on the attack speed. Really No........No math? No fun :( You could just spend a few sentences.

And there are no answers for my fire pen question. You do realise, for your character, fire pen gem gives around 23% more damage on a 0 fire resist mob, right? right?

Attack speed is important! guys! I actually wonder if you can block me on this post?

Again everything has already been explained and if you arent willing to take the time to look then im not really looking to explain everything all over again.

1. Attack speed is not needed because we already have 10 frenzy charges
4% increased Attack Speed per + 3% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge(ascendancy) attack speed on tree etc etc

Once you get that much attack speed everything else becomes minor. Diminishing returns. Going from .17 to .16 attack speed is not significant at all because we dont give a sh*t about our cyclone dps. We care mainly about the dps from the balls and thats it.

They have a cool-down of .15 = 6 times per second. So you could hit at .15 or .14 it wont make a difference on how many balls you "can" spawn.

The max is always 6 times per second.

The benefit from increasing attack speed is minimal at best and the more you stack it the less you actually get in terms of value.

2. Fire pen has already explained and is stronger then added fire. literally on the front post of the guide..

"Say you have no penetration and are hitting a mob with 70 res. The mob is taking 30% of the damage. Say you then have 30% penetration against the same 70-res mob. That mob is now effectively has 40 res, so is taking 60% of the damage. In this case, 30% pen doubled your actual damage dealt (from 30% of listed damage to 60%).

Now look at the same situation against an 0-res monster. With no penetration you're dealing 100% damage. With 30% penetration you're dealing 130% damage - only a 30% increase compared to the doubling in the previous example."

This is the last time i will respond to either of those questions that have been asked and explained many many many times.

The build has been perfected there is nothing else to add or change. (atm)

As i said if you wanna change something then do it, but the guide is finished (atm)

"

you dont NEED to stack evasion

however ive already explained how the only 2 chest plates we can use on this build is kaoms heart and kintsugi

So not many choices if you are trying to min/max

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Evasion#Interaction_with_Dodge

Thanks for the reply. I was mostly wondering in terms of prefering (high) evasion bases and rolls on helmet and gloves.
Hahahahaha
I just draw you to reply me, yeah!
ok, here we go

"
Diminishing returns.

the totem gives more attack speed, not increased attack speed, diminishing returns on attack speed does not apply here

"
because we dont give a sh*t about our cyclone dps. We care mainly about the dps from the balls and thats it.

That is not a reason before attack cooldown reach 0.15s

"
They have a cool-down of .15 = 6 times per second. So you could hit at .15 or .14 it wont make a difference on how many balls you "can" spawn.

It will, however, definitely affect the average spawn rate, which means actual damage we are dealing
The attack only has 20% chance to spawn molten burst. More attack speed generally means more chance to spawn the balls in a few seconds.
<----this is the part I left you to fill in lol, but I would not believe my eye if you can do math here

"
The benefit from increasing attack speed is minimal at best and the more you stack it the less you actually get in terms of value.

This is true, but the totem gives more attack speed, but increased. It became strange after attack speed reach the spawn rate, but it is not as simple as you said

"
Now look at the same situation against an 0-res monster. With no penetration you're dealing 100% damage. With 30% penetration you're dealing 130% damage - only a 30% increase compared to the doubling in the previous example."

I am quoting.......................
"
Diminishing returns.

if you take elemental weakness on hit on gloves, which means
31% resist reduction on curse
30% pen from equipment
8% pen from tree

with the gem
0.31+0.3+0.08+0.38+1 = 2.07
without
0.31+0.3+0.08+1=1.69

result on 0 resist monster
2.07/1.69 = 0.224 so less than 23% more damage

Can you really think about others' ideas for a second?
Really want to take this build into 2.6 but I've never really been great at building currency. With leaguestones offering breach have any insight on how much you think it might take to get the build going? Or maybe if I could run some kind of supplemental version till I got the currency for ngamahus and xophs. Really love raider and cyclone just worries it might be too hard to start the league with.
"
reokotsae wrote:
Really want to take this build into 2.6 but I've never really been great at building currency. With leaguestones offering breach have any insight on how much you think it might take to get the build going? Or maybe if I could run some kind of supplemental version till I got the currency for ngamahus and xophs. Really love raider and cyclone just worries it might be too hard to start the league with.

Xoph's isnt mandatory it just gives us 50% conversion and penetration which is great

Ngamahu isnt a breach specific unique so it can drop anywhere

You can start cyclone raider with nothing but a rare axe and work your way up.

Of course ngamahu is much much more damage(then a random axe) and allows you to not need alot of dmg on tree and still have crazy dps.

If you really want to obtain a xophs quickly you would probably only want to run xoph breach league stones and just run them endlessly.

You have a chance at dropping a heart from the breach and with that you would only need a blessing from killing xoph to upgrade it.

"
"
reokotsae wrote:

Xoph's isnt mandatory it just gives us 50% conversion and penetration which is great

Of course ngamahu is much much more damage(then a random axe) and allows you to not need alot of dmg on tree and still have crazy dps.

If you really want to obtain a xophs quickly you would probably only want to run xoph breach league stones and just run them endlessly.

You have a chance at dropping a heart from the breach and with that you would only need a blessing from killing xoph to upgrade it.

thanks for the reply :D think i'll run with it and hope for the best. Sounds like some skill tree revision might come into play though with the new ele damage clusters and leech nodes.
"
reokotsae wrote:
"
"
reokotsae wrote:

thanks for the reply :D think i'll run with it and hope for the best. Sounds like some skill tree revision might come into play though with the new ele damage clusters and leech nodes.

Ill be sure to update the tree etc when the tree changes are posted
Which cyclone raider build do you guys think is the highest DPS right now? I see a few on the front page. Looking for the start of the new league.
Last edited by DuFFzbar on Feb 24, 2017, 6:05:02 AM
any meatballer build will probably do fine

hyaon's fury cyclone should be better too with the improve ele dmg and one handed nodes coming in 2.6
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Mar 1, 2017, 1:08:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info