[3.2] Very cheap ~ REVIVED 4 Million DPS+ RF Fire Nova Mine (Update soon)

"
slackerracker wrote:
With a few changes to the tree to be more trap related.

How do you think fire trap would work with this build instead of FNM?

I put it into POB with just a few of the tree changes and it came up with 1.6 mil dmg including poison.

Viable?

No...

Or atleast it's just another build, there is no point to compare.

"
Vakana wrote:
Firstly, I can run all auras EXCEPT for Arctic Armour. Why is this? I have a 20% quality level 12 Blood Magic gem. Do I just have to level it a bit more before I can use AA?

Of course, just read the description of blood magic gem and there will be no questions. Quality is useless by the way, cause it only lower "mana cost" of skills, not actual multiplier.

With every level Multiplier of blood magic lowering - from 245% on 1st level, to 196% on 20 lvl. If you can afford 21 lvl it will be even less - 193%... etc...
I have problems with higher maps to be honest.
You guys can check my gear and tell me if i do something wrong.
Sometimes i get hit way too much and die.
Bosses are not really a problem though
Spoiler

Last edited by InvictusBlue on Apr 29, 2017, 5:37:28 PM
"
I have problems with higher maps to be honest.
You guys can check my gear and tell me if i do something wrong.
Sometimes i get hit way too much and die.
Bosses are not really a problem though
Spoiler

switch to incandescent heart then
Your gear looks fine honnestly.
Depends on what you call "high tier maps", but chimera/hydra can be real problems as they are poison immune. Other than that, It looks like you could do uber or shaper.
2 things that can help you are:
- Don't blade whirl into pack/place a mine/Whirl out. That works for the most part but is slower than just placing mines in front of the mobs and detonating them instant. Just use quicksilver to move from pack to pack. When two packs are close focus on not going outside the pure damage wall of your mines that kinda act like a shield.
- You can pick up a vaal discipline gem. A "good" slot is to swap a ring for an unset ring as vaal disc only takes one gem slot. The tradeoff is real as crit chance is real good on this build, but the surviviability it offers is pretty good.

Are you high level too? There is so much good stuff to take on the passive skill tree on this build it's insane huh.

Don't forget this is a glass cannon build that has no real physical damage mitigation. Sometimes you die, happens. But honnestly you should die very rarely as long as you are not doing poison immunes T16 with crazy mods.
On your CI tree you dont have whispers of doom, you only run one curse then ?
"
Phantem wrote:
On your CI tree you dont have whispers of doom, you only run one curse then ?
Second curse comes from ascendancy.
Hi, I went for this build but I am finding tanking to be really difficult and also spamming mine + detonate does not seem to chain the two together.

would it be better to drop 1 weapon and use an ES shield instead? I can get about 10k ES when I use a shield, and 8k without.

I am reading a lot of comments about high tankiness and survivability, but how are people doing it?

A few other questions I have:

- What is the point of the increased skill duration nodes ? Is it only for immortal call?

- Did you try getting the alchemist node for increased flask duration and decide it is not worth it? I've been using it and it's decent.

- How am I supposed to use the flasks? Do you activate witchfire + atziri while planting the mines or before/during detonation?

Sorry for the noob questions. I tried reading through the thread ~20 pages in and still haven't found any mention.
Last edited by ironstove on May 2, 2017, 4:36:50 AM
"
ironstove wrote:
Hi, I went for this build but I am finding tanking to be really difficult and also spamming mine + detonate does not seem to chain the two together.

would it be better to drop 1 weapon and use an ES shield instead? I can get about 10k ES when I use a shield, and 8k without.

I am reading a lot of comments about high tankiness and survivability, but how are people doing it?

A few other questions I have:

- What is the point of the increased skill duration nodes ? Is it only for immortal call?

- Did you try getting the alchemist node for increased flask duration and decide it is not worth it? I've been using it and it's decent.

- How am I supposed to use the flasks? Do you activate witchfire + atziri while planting the mines or before/during detonation?

Sorry for the noob questions. I tried reading through the thread ~20 pages in and still haven't found any mention.

Spamming mine+detonate is stupid, cause there is thing known as arming speed of mine. It means short time after placing the mine before it can be detonated. Only saboteurs can reduce that time, so you usually place multiple mines and then detonate all of them altogether.

95% of damage of this build goes from the poison, means initial chaos damage hit. If you use shield instead, you will get only 30% chaos conversion instead of 60%, meaning you effectively reduce your dps by 50%.
(For some reason, path of building show that damage will not be reduced that much, but i'm sure that just some bug in calculation there)

High tankiness goes from our curses and ascendancy "wicked ward" which makes us almost invulnerable if used right (free vaal discipline Jr.)

Skill duration applied to poison, effectively granting us about 50% MORE damage. There is no any other nodes that will beat it.

Alchemist is pretty good for everyone, cause flasks are OP, but personally i don't like flasks very much. Anyway, it's for your personal preferences, but i think there are too little points to spare for that.

Flask applied to mines exactly the same how it applies to you. meaning that even if you place mine without flask, and activate flask before detonation, mine will still get flask benefits, the same if flask expire before mine finished all their pulses, pulses after that will lose flask benefits.
Ok, I understand.

How are you guys able to deal with mana? I have only 430 mana with temporal and discipline on reserve, this isn't enough mana to even plant 4 mines.

I also have a ring that gives me +92 mana as well, so idk, but based on my calculation with mines costing 159 mana to plant, I need at least ~460-470 to plant 3x (taking regeneration into account).

I can't really swap out any gear either... I guess I can buy an enlighten to try to reduce cost, but that's pretty expensive.
"
ironstove wrote:
Ok, I understand.

How are you guys able to deal with mana? I have only 430 mana with temporal and discipline on reserve, this isn't enough mana to even plant 4 mines.

I also have a ring that gives me +92 mana as well, so idk, but based on my calculation with mines costing 159 mana to plant, I need at least ~460-470 to plant 3x (taking regeneration into account).

I can't really swap out any gear either... I guess I can buy an enlighten to try to reduce cost, but that's pretty expensive.

What do you mean 4 mines? If you use "minefield" gem, then you place 3 mine in one shot, and you have maximum of 9 mines active at a time. So you basically need to have enough mana to place 3 sets of mines, and then detonate them, then use mana flask and before it fully restore your mana place another 3 sets of mines, detonate. And here we are - already detonated 18 mines and used only 1 flask use, which is only 8/40 charges without any affixes that decrease it.

Generally, you will not have any issue like lack of mana, cause in maps you will gain great ammount of flask charges, and boss will die before you exhaust all 5 uses of your flask, cause enourmous damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info