(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

"
"
MrBr wrote:
Love the build. With Vaal Pact it's almost unstoppable, as long as you keep hitting mobs.

Chimera is easy, other guardians keep one shotting me. I'm not the best when it comes to reflexes and mechanics but I also feel like my build can use some improvements. The Culling Strike Axe I vaaled is great though.

Any suggestions on what to improve?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrBr/characters

I am trying to 6l a Belly of the Beast but I'm unsure whether or not it will actually help that much, life only goes up a couple hundred. Might as well get a better rare without the useless life-gen stat. What's the benefit of a Belly I'm not aware of?

Spec out of the Templar nodes and get more life nodes instead first. Don't spec the templar nodes on the left side at all, those are simply wasted points, you can get 25% life instead of the 20 from those. The templar nodes on the right, I think might be better invested at the Shadow side, but in any case, get more life nodes, before you get those damage nodes, the build should have enough damage regardless.

Also your gem setup doesn't look very good, for one your CWDT on your Immortal Call is leveled too high, it takes way too much damage to activate it, if you have to loose up to 50% of your life first, before your defensive setup activates it's no wonder stuff kills you. Also get rid of the Chaos Golem and include Molten Shell for a bigger safety net.

The setup in the gloves doesn't work at all, because you can not have 2 curses on your opponent, so only one will be supported and both don't help with getting 1 shot. If you have trouble with taking too much damage, run Blasphemy + Enfeeble for damage reduction, you can even go further and add Arctic Armor on top against physical and fire damage. (Setup would be: Blasphemy - Enfeeble, Arctic Armor and or HoA)

Warlord's Mark in general is pretty much a complete waste on the build, you leech absurd amounts anyway, so the gem is completely unnecessary

How much total life do you have with your gear? The build can not really die as long as you don't get oneshot and don't stop hitting stuff, so getting some damage reduction and more hp might already put you in a position where you can handle the damage output of the guardian.

How much HP do you have in total at the moment?

I'm gonna attempt the Guardian's myself in a short while, just wanted to get to lvl 90 first and to get to at least about 6,5k hp, I'll record the fights, I have recorded the breachlords, Uber Izaro and normal Atziri, but I don't feel like the videos are upload worthy, as I pretty much just go in and roll face so far. I can probably give a better picture after I'm done with the fights.

Thank you for your lengthy reply.

I implemented your tree changes and now it looks way more like your tree, although you have some extra points.

The CWDT setup has been cleaned. Warlords mask was useless I agree, hadn't been used in a long time. Will try to figure out of Enfeeble makes a big difference. The small mobs seldom kill me, it's the bosses that do and those often can't be cursed.

I'm on 5750 life now, would I equip my Belly (once I 6l it) then I would have almost 6k. Might sacrifice a jewel with attack speed for extra ~100 life as well.
you should have all jewels with 6-7% life. with belly i have 6,4k life at lvl 88
Hello guys, i wanna share my berserker ngamahu's berserker build:
tooltip:
cyclone 206k dps
montel burst 26k DPS (9 project with dying sun)
both with EO + vaal haste + 4 frenzy charge (green dream jewel)
6k life and 7k armour (hideout)
running with blasphemy + flammability, arctic armour and herald of ash

6 keystone on:
EO, IR, avatar of fire (amulet), point blank, iron grip and vaal pact (body armour)

my gear:
Spoiler

All guardians and shapper down!
any question, check my character profile!

Last edited by nortx on Jan 15, 2017, 9:31:18 AM
Do you mind sharing your skill tree?
"
Janahan wrote:
Do you mind sharing your skill tree?

You can see it from his character page, or directly with this link.

Thanks for the sharing @nortx. Any reason you put elemental focus instead of fire penetration in your axe ?
Having Vaal Pact on the stuff sure gives back a lot of passive points.

Leveled up 92 personally. I decided to switch my ancestral warchief (4l) for a cwdt setup with molten shell, immortal call and phase run. Mainly because i got tired of all these porcupines. And even if they killed me only twice i think, that was twice too much :p.
Didn't see any guardian yet. More or less my fault as i was running t10-t12 mainly. I'll probably start to run more t13 now that i've more in stock. I did some t14 and t15 (first got with the vaal orb, shrine -> abyss). I got another Abyss but nothing from both.
That's still nice as i did several things i never done yet in any league atm (looting t14 & 15, several masters lvl 8 (playing solo), lvl 92 (personal record was 91 in essence league)). But i hope to go even further.
I also respec points with that level up, removing the 5 from top left going for the 20% life to 7 points at the top right above Vaal Pact for 20% life, 12% atk spd, 20% elem dmg and 20 intel (so i could remove the point in the 30 intel node aswell), thx @Peterlerock. So at the end it only cost me 1 additional point for a decent dmg boost. My tree (char).
Last edited by Harest on Jan 15, 2017, 7:23:43 PM
I have a curiosity, why do you guys run elemental focus on axe instead of fire penetration?
@Draconianpr : We're not. Only @nortx did it so far and i asked too why.
Just a short update, Chimera and Minotaur are also down. Chimera was absolutely no problem what so ever, absolutely relaxed and easy fight, went down smooth and deathless.

Minotaur on the other hand did not go down that smooth, I got oneshot by burrow a couple of times, when getting out of the rock aoe zone, until I switched to decoy totem from then on it was pretty easy again, just put down a decoy, between him and you when you need to get out of the rock aoe and that's about it. One rock aoe you can probably tank through, until you get hit by Mino and or Minions + Rock simultaneously, which might "oneshot" you, before you can leech back up. Unless you have enough health and or defense to tank the burrow, I'd say decoy totem is almost mandatory for this fight.

All in all, very smooth and relaxed guardians so far, though.

This is still on the "budget" variant of the build btw. with gear worth somewhere between 2-4 EX total (everything included Jewels, Flasks, etc.) I'm trying to test as much content with the budget variant as possible, as I could imagine people being interested in how it performs. After the last guardian, I will probably upgrade to a 6 Link and more expensive rings, boots, gloves, etc. though, seeing as even players on a budget will probably upgrade their equipment, before approaching boss fights that cost somewhere between 1-3 EX of "entry fees".
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Jan 16, 2017, 12:36:33 PM
"
nortx wrote:
Hello guys, i wanna share my berserker ngamahu's berserker build:
tooltip:
cyclone 206k dps
montel burst 26k DPS (9 project with dying sun)
both with EO + vaal haste + 4 frenzy charge (green dream jewel)
6k life and 7k armour (hideout)
running with blasphemy + flammability, arctic armour and herald of ash

6 keystone on:
EO, IR, avatar of fire (amulet), point blank, iron grip and vaal pact (body armour)

my gear:
Spoiler

All guardians and shapper down!
any question, check my character profile!

and where do you get your resistances ?
@Harest, @Draconianpr In "MY conception", fire penetration gives only 37% more damage while elemental focus gives 49% more damage. The burning damage of cyclone and molten burst is not relevant.
@memberx i got resist on the tree to use "THE GREEN DREAM VIRIDIAN JEWEL" for frenzy charges, cuz Blood magic with Vaal pact = suicide. And other jewel gives me a lot of resist. My resist atm: 136, 149, 138
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info