(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

"

I'd say that's even more so when it comes to damage. I just don't see why you would cut your damage(cleartime), if you're not dying in the first place, unless like I said you play HC and just want more survivability in general.

...because everything dies immediatly.
The projectiles most often hit nothing but dead corpses. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
[...] That's 8.5k HP at Lvl89 (some life nodes left to take, I hope to get to 9k), around 100k(!) Cyclone DpS, 8k projectile tooltip. [...]
Is the 100k cyclone dps the tooltip dps too ? It's quite impressive for a 5l. I've only reached 100k tooltip recently and i've cyclone on a 6l (with only dmg boosting support gems, fortify is on leap slam).
This includes permanent buffs i've : Herald of Ash and the Flame Golem.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 12, 2017, 11:38:36 PM
What flask should I use? I'm gonna run 2 life flask and a quicksilver for sure, what the other 2 should be? granite+basalt?
Here is my setup right now, quite happy so far, switching inc aoe on cyclone for conq effect on bosses and sometimes fortify for added fire or something if I want full damage.

Gear:
Spoiler

Passive

I was thinking about maybe trying a The perfect form body armor to get that 30% spell dodge. But when it comes to guardians etc this build kinda feels like an all in glasscannon no matter what you do anyway.
Last edited by Hjelpen93 on Jan 13, 2017, 4:55:42 AM
"
Harest wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
[...] That's 8.5k HP at Lvl89 (some life nodes left to take, I hope to get to 9k), around 100k(!) Cyclone DpS, 8k projectile tooltip. [...]
Is the 100k cyclone dps the tooltip dps too ? It's quite impressive for a 5l. I've only reached 100k tooltip recently and i've cyclone on a 6l (with only dmg boosting support gems, fortify is on leap slam).
This includes permanent buffs i've : Herald of Ash and the Flame Golem.

Mine is flamge golem + HoA, too. Let's compare.

Tree: You have wrecking ball cluster, 1 jewel and the minor damage in templar, I have 5 jewels and the minor damage in shadow. Should be about equal.
(I'd still suggest speccing out of the life nodes left of templar, -5 points, and grabbing the life nodes in shadow start, because there's 12% attackspeed below and 20% ele damage above them @7 points)

Gear: You have no spiked gloves, no attack speed on gloves, no opal rings, close to no damage on rings, no WED on belt, no fire damage from Kaom, but attackspeed on helm. That's not equal.

So it's the gear, I suppose. ;)
Let's me compensate the faster attacks gem I'm missing.

Do you think it out performs a 6l Atziri cyclone?
"
Peterlerock wrote:
[...]
So it's the gear, I suppose. ;)
Let's me compensate the faster attacks gem I'm missing.
I didn't check your gear but yep, now i did, it seems to come from there :p. With the 5 slots available for resistances i should "easily" be able to get the hard capped 169% in all elemental resist (i need an avg of 82.2% resist / item) in addition to the damages and life but as long as i don't loot it myself, it's more or less the perfect gear so buying it is definitely not free ^^.

Taking the life in the shadow area can indeed be interesting for the additional atk spd and elem dmg.

"
naykos wrote:
What flask should I use? I'm gonna run 2 life flask and a quicksilver for sure, what the other 2 should be? granite+basalt?

I like the stibnite flask so far. I always activate it on bosses or porcupine, especially if i've them on a poison on hit map...
Lion's roar can be an interesting damages boost despite the knock back. Otherwise basalt or granite yep.

"
Mucco88 wrote:

I never had the occasion to try a pure cyclone with this weapon, that's my first cyclone build so far. But i don't think the Ngamahu's variant outperforms a pure one with Disfavour. I think i heard Mathil said the same in one of his videos. It's supposed to be a "budget" cyclone build ? Where you can really easy get a nice single target dps thanks to the molten burst.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 13, 2017, 11:44:12 AM
"
Mucco88 wrote:

It's just a very different build.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Mucco88 wrote:

It's just a very different build.

but not far away from "pure" Axezerker-Cyclone.
I tried it yesterday, and yes Disfavour performs better, but its a really nice budget Axe!
So i finaly have enough currency to buy disfavour.

What would be different? More clear speed, more dps?

My gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info