3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

Have you considered Arrow Dancing? You can go past that node for the same amount of skill points on the tree as you have now, so it could be an option.

Also I assume you want the extra 25% crit chance skill point for swords eventually as well :)

Where would you take your build into the 90's? Flesh out more life from the 3x 4% life and 6% EV nodes above Mana Flows?

As for people using this build with mana issues, consider taking Mana Flows, even temporarily, I have played similar builds before and it helps.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Dec 15, 2016, 4:26:54 AM
Last edited by noveleiro on Dec 15, 2016, 6:53:46 AM
"
netmos wrote:

Body: I chose a belly of the beast, a lightning coil would be another option but makes resists hard to cap and does not help vs a lot of elemental damage -- Guardians and other high tier content does tons of elemental damage. If you really want to max out the damage and got a couple thousand chromes a lioneyes body would be an option aswell.

Can a good rare 6-link chest with high Hp and resists work too? Belly is now 4x more than one of this in breach.

Awesome guide. Ty soo much!!! i'm having a lot of fun with this :D
Last edited by noveleiro on Dec 15, 2016, 6:54:34 AM

Im trying to sell this for 13c, no idea if im trying to rob or im letting others rob myself with that

Anyway I just thought some1 here may be interested
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 15, 2016, 9:27:18 AM
Yo, how could you adapt this to HC? any points u can skip to get more survivability? Also what would be some good additional defensive layers? Thanks man :)
made few changes in my gear recently, also changed weapon from dagger, to foil.

Gear
Spoiler

Nothing special in tree, pretty much standart.

Made GG ring that gives me about 3k dps in h/o.

"
ckp2906 wrote:
What are your thought about Faster Attacks > LIghtning pen

I dont know why people say stuff like faster attacks > lightning pen, the only case where you would want to use faster over pen in this build would be inquisitor, even then added cold might be better than faster. Lightning pen gives me 36% more damage vs targets with 0 resists, we dont use any curses to lower resists so there wont be any cases with base mob resists under 0%, so 1% pen = 1% more damage for us in the worse case. Faster attacks gives a lot less damage than 36% more and i dont feel like it is required for smooth gameplay with this build. (also may happen to fuck your mana a bit more). This 36% more assumes the worse case of 0% monster resist, in resist maps or vs resistant bosses (poedb claims shaper got 40 lightning res, sounds about right) it will be a significantly bigger boost -- giving us nearly double damage (100% more) vs shaper for example.

"
ckp2906 wrote:

I get almost no extra damage from adding Herald of Thunder to my setup.
Dont you think the three skill points in Charisme is better served elsewhere?
- ALso gives a smoother gameplay with mana.

I thought about it, for me its 36.3k to 40k dps in hideout with or without herald of lightning which is quite a bit of dps, i kinda doubt i could get anything comparable for 3 points... but yeah its not a bad idea, if you really dislike the mana go for it. Note that herald of thunder also helps with charge gain vs status resistant monsters (vinktar will allways shock to trigger it) Unspecing it drops my hideout dps to 35.8k actually because of the aura effect, thats a lot lower :/

"
Vivalamuerte wrote:
Yo, how could you adapt this to HC? any points u can skip to get more survivability? Also what would be some good additional defensive layers? Thanks man :)

Maybe something like this, but that would still be lifbased so you die at some point... The build actually has solid layers of defense (fortify from wb, a fuckton of instant leech and acro/phase with 2 vaal graces). The spell dodge helps a lot overall.

http://poeurl.com/VUU

"
noveleiro wrote:
Can a good rare 6-link chest with high Hp and resists work too? Belly is now 4x more than one of this in breach.

Awesome guide. Ty soo much!!! i'm having a lot of fun with this :D

Thanks. Yes that can work too, you will lack like 300 life (assuming t1 life on a rare) but can get a lot higher evasion which will also feel pretty good propably. A 2k evasion chest would push you to like 13-15k evasion, which helps a lot.

"
aaOzymandias wrote:
Have you considered Arrow Dancing? You can go past that node for the same amount of skill points on the tree as you have now, so it could be an option.

Also I assume you want the extra 25% crit chance skill point for swords eventually as well :)

Where would you take your build into the 90's? Flesh out more life from the 3x 4% life and 6% EV nodes above Mana Flows?

As for people using this build with mana issues, consider taking Mana Flows, even temporarily, I have played similar builds before and it helps.

Yes i considered arrow dancing, i dont think its great for this build because i whirl into melee range not to rarely and also more importantly got only 4k evasion -- even with 40% more we will still be hit by plenty projectiles. It is a decent option, i would maybe go for it if i were using a rare body and getting like 10k+ evasion. The 25% crit chance is okay but not super efficient, i might get it later. What to get in the next levels (i mean im allrdy 92, propably wont play it over 95 max) is a matter of personal preference, good options are:

-onslaught cluster next to point blank
- jewel socket next to point blank
-life nodes in duelist start
-ranger start proj dmg/ias 2 nodes
-some more i cant think of right now :P
Ty netmos!!! You're the best man.
HI again, and thanks for your good replies.

I'm currently at 25.800 dps in HO. So you got 50% more than me..
I lack 1 jewel and the Herald of ice, but that can't do the dif.

I upgraded a lot of my gear since u commented last time, and am at 5.600HP which feels quite good in higher tier maps.

I think its my weapon that is lacking, and some quality on gems?

Also i cant find gloves with both Lightning dmg and attack speed, with the res i need -.-

And i cant find a weapon with 350+ ele dps with explicit crit & and multi..

Any thoughts?
"
ckp2906 wrote:
HI again, and thanks for your good replies.

I'm currently at 25.800 dps in HO. So you got 50% more than me..
I lack 1 jewel and the Herald of ice, but that can't do the dif.

I upgraded a lot of my gear since u commented last time, and am at 5.600HP which feels quite good in higher tier maps.

I think its my weapon that is lacking, and some quality on gems?

Also i cant find gloves with both Lightning dmg and attack speed, with the res i need -.-

And i cant find a weapon with 350+ ele dps with explicit crit & and multi..

Any thoughts?

They got mass-vendored because not many players can spot their value. Fear not, when I drop 1 I will know what to do. (namely bring to you and demand rain of exalts for it)
(also 100% srsly,I can't drop decent phys weapon for s#it but I got 2 gg tier ele 1h plus quite alot o f good ones dropped already. Waste, since I fail badly at building around them ..)

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 15, 2016, 4:48:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info