3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

Hi guys, this is a quick guide for my first build this leguage because i am pretty happy with how it turned out. It plays really fluidly and is able to kill some of the hardest bosses in the games like Guardians and Shaper without super crazy gear or skill.

3.0 update - FALL OF ORIATH (hype btw)

Skilltree:
http://poeurl.com/brVM

New bandit quest: Help Alira.

Pantheon: Soul of the brine king (major) and Soul of yogul (minor). The first upgrade of soul of the brine king is pretty nice, we dont care much about the other upgrades. Swap to ralakesh minor for labyrinth.

I hope some more people will enjoy some nice spectral throw action in 3.0!

Bandits
Help alira, crit multi is amazing and resists make gearing easier

Strenghts and Weaknesses of the Build
The build is extremly fun to play, but since it is a lifebased build that can not afford to just go for only life nodes it is not really HC viable in high tier content -- You "only" get about 6000 - 7000 life. With Acro+phase acro and raider defensive bonuses this feels pretty good for normal mapping, but guardians and shaper will onehit you with plenty of their abilities -- so you will have to dodge. Luckily you get an extremly fast whirling blades attack speed and instant leech, so you should be able to manually avoid most oneshots and leech to full instantly against anything else.

Current gear and gem link setups

Swap GMP/Slower proj for clearing/ bosses

Flasks:

Jewels
Because i got many people asking i made a poe.trade search for jewels for this build: http://poe.trade/search/omoraharokauar -- I hope this doesnt get deleted, if so its basically just life + any 2 dmg mods that work

Gear discussion

Weapon: Pretty straight forward, go for mostly high base crit and high attack speed, and then as much elemental damage and crit multi as you can afford. Priority is definitely super high attack speed and crit.

Body: I chose a belly of the beast, a lightning coil would be another option but makes resists hard to cap and does not help vs a lot of elemental damage -- Guardians and other high tier content does tons of elemental damage. If you really want to max out the damage the new Yriel's Fostering is an option -- this would allow you to drop the lycosidae shield for a rare with high life and maybe some lightning damage. I would still use belly + lycosidae though.

Helmet: A couple good options here, namely Starkonjas (my choice), rat's nest and devotos devotion. I chose Starkonjas because of the 100 life you get from it, it's also extremly cheap. If you don't value life so highly, grab a rat's nest, it will be a pretty significant damage boost. Since you dont run a lot a devotos feels like a waste to me. Even a rare helmet with high life and resists is a solid choice that allows you to go for more damage focused rings!

Offhand/Shield: Here you got some options. I initially wanted to dual wield, but Lycosidae's mod "hits cannot be evaded" is incredibly good for this build, it allows us to completly skip accuracy on all gear and still allways hit. Compared to dualwield you also get a little bit of block and about 120 life. I highly recommend this option, but dual wielding with another ele Foil might give you even slightly more damage -- IF you can afford GGG jewellery with high flat accuracy. I am not sure if it will beat the shield even with GG gear though. The defensive option would be a good rare shield with lots of evasion, life and resists.

Jewellery: Here you want as much life, %WED and resists as possible, bonus points for flat ele dmg, crit chance, attack speed and other nice mods. On the Ammulet try to definitely get 25+ crit multi. Also make sure to get some Int on ammu and rings because you need that to run wrath.

Boots: One of our primary resist slots, you dont really need 30 ms, buy some with 15% if your budget is low, try to get high life, high resists and if possible some INT (wrath needs 155 int)

Gloves: Our other resists slot, get life and resists mostly, if you got money left go for attack speed and projectile damage base gloves.

Belt: Really important life slot, aim for a leather belt with 140+ total life (from flat, strength and implicit together). Then just get as many resists as possible and try to find an open prefix one so you can craft %WED

http://poeurl.com/brVM
[/spoiler]

Videos

The videos are from breach leguage but nothing really changed about the build since then.

My second shaper run this leguage -- i died once because i had like 2 fps when recording malachi fight, but i think it still shows what this build is capable of. That death is also the reason there was only a screenshot till now - i was to scared to record my first fight :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA2tfTwvDvU&feature=youtu.be

T16 Minotaur kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVTwH8tCrF4&feature=youtu.be

T16 Chimera kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-k7BG_5giw&feature=youtu.be

T16 Phoenix map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5DG8BQ6vAI&feature=youtu.be

T16 Hydra with vulnerability and 2 breaches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4yJa2XFjEs&feature=youtu.be

Worst uber atiziri run ever made -- But my second lifetime uber run so please dont blame me to hard :(: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw5LJTmax2M&feature=youtu.be

My first ever try of taking on Chayula in his domain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5E8sBfq8yo&feature=youtu.be

For people worried about their gear i added a white 2 link atziri run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELgdVCx3i6Y&feature=youtu.be

Atziri run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qH7-Az-v_s

t15 shaped sextanted unid Courtyard (twinned): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw-SzzdsCvE&feature=youtu.be

Ascendancy Discussion
The main 2 Ascendancy Options that should be considered are Raider and Inquisitor. Inquisitor will propably end up with slightly more damage, but raider will have smoother gameplay (free frenzies, status immunity etc) The damage as raider feels easily good enaugh even for Shaper, so i am not a fan of the inquisitor version, but i dont think it would be much worse either

Raider Avatar of chase or Veil
This is a matter of personal preference, I recommend avatar of the veil because while perma super onslaught is nice it will not be up for harder bosses -- where you would need it the most. Avatar of the veil makes you permanently immune to all status effects, this frees you up 2 flask suffixes, allowing me to run atziri, vinktar and still have 2 Anti bleed and 1 Anti curse flask. 40% ele dmg and some spell dodge is a nice bonus.

DPS screenshots

Hideout dps:

Only Frenzy charges:

Frenzy+power+Atziri (default mapping dps)

Single Target (with slower proj swap and charges/atziri flask

FAQ

1) "My Dps is only 20k/30k/40k/whatever, what am i doing wrong"?

The most common cause is that you are level 70 with lvl 16 gems. This will cost you a ton of damage since you are lacking damage passives, jewels and most importantly levels on wrath and added lightning. To get over 30k you will want to get quality gems, for over 40k you want 21 wrath/added lightning and a st dmg helm enchant. This build scales insanely well with jewellery, make sure you got %weapon ele damage AND flat lightning damage on both rings, make sure you got flat lightning and crit multi or wed on your ammulet, make sure you got gripped gloves with attack speed, wed on belt, a Weapon with 7+ crit and 1.8+ attack speed with 1-100+ lightning damage. Also dont panic if your damage is a bit lower than mine in the screenshots, the videos you see were recorded with a 35-40k hideout dps setup, not with the current close to 50k setup. You can easily do any content with 30k dps in hideout and for under t16 maps 20k hideout dps should clear fine.

2) Ele focus gives a higher tooltip than crit chance support?

Yes, a higher tooltip. This tooltip doesnt factor in diamond flask, the difference gets pretty small once you get proper crit multi, and most importantly with ele focuse you loose 50% MORE damage from shocks.

3) My map clearing dps feels bad?

Unspec point blank untill you get more damage, its only meant to be used once all you care about is single target for guardians.

4) Why do i have lower life?

Are you lvl 85+? (Base life is a thing). Do you have flat life on EVERY rare gear piece you use, and high life on most of them? Do you have life on all jewels you use? Got all life nodes?

5) How about Hyaons furry sword?

Dont use it, it has shitty base crit and speed, we do significantly lower damage with it and take a TON more damage with it.

Last edited by netmos on Sep 6, 2017, 6:20:53 AM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2018, 11:07:18 AM
Looks very nice. I might just respec my LA raider into it. I was wondering what gems are the most important for the chest, assuming you can't get a 5/6 Link belly. So it would be nice if you listed best to worst gems to use for it.
I was also wondering what gem you were swapping out of the 6 link. Also, how budget friendly is this build? I can throw like 2-3 ex at it max. That seems doable to me, but I dunno how to judge weapons and if the 6-link is absolutely required.
Last edited by Mr_Ven on Dec 11, 2016, 11:45:57 PM
Hey thanks, Gem order would be ST-GMP-WED-Added light (-inc crit(-lightning pen)). I would really recommend trying to at least get a 5l, should be doable with the fuses you find yourself till like t7-10 maps or so. The build worked fine on a 5l, i didnt play really long on a 4l. With a 5l you will not reach the dps to do guardians and shaper i think, but it should still clear red maps really smoothly. About gem swapping, for single target i swap gmp for slower proj, which is an insane dps boost. You can get pretty good weapons for like 10-30c, a 6l is by no means totally required, I played this as my first build of the leguage without any starting gear and it worked fine -- A big part of the dps of ele builds comes from auras and gems so it is not bad on a small budget.
Thanks so much, I think I will definitely sell my current gear and respec into this. I should definitely be able to get a 5L. How much is vinktar needed? Trying to balance getting the chest, vinktar, belt, and weapon is challenging for me I think.
Hi, i'm runing very similar build and it is interesting.

I have few questions:
1. How much crit chance have you (with out power charge)? Does crit gem is the best option? How about pierce gem?
2. Point blank... How do you like it? Is it good for groups or only for bosses with slower proj? It is very hard to test it for me.
3. On your video you are using Daresso's Courage? Or is it skin? How much accuracy have you with out 'hits cant be evaded'? How much you think it should be if runing dual weld?

Thx for help.
Seems fun. I use almost the same, but with daggers. I use some maligaro gloves though. And currently using deadyee, but wanting to respec to raider.

What are your crit cahnces? Do you need the mana reserved nodes? EDIT: I missed the Herald of thunder link gem. I sue almost the same setup, but no thunder :)
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Dec 12, 2016, 6:35:42 AM
"
katrup wrote:
Hi, i'm runing very similar build and it is interesting.

I have few questions:
1. How much crit chance have you (with out power charge)? Does crit gem is the best option? How about pierce gem?
2. Point blank... How do you like it? Is it good for groups or only for bosses with slower proj? It is very hard to test it for me.
3. On your video you are using Daresso's Courage? Or is it skin? How much accuracy have you with out 'hits cant be evaded'? How much you think it should be if runing dual weld?

Thx for help.

1) 46% without, about 60% with charges, this ends up with pretty good values with a diamond flask. I would definitely not recommend dropping the crit chance gem, your crit chance will be way to low (28.5% without charges in my setup). Pierce "only" gives 19% more dmg these days, even without charges and diamond flask the crit chance gem give me more.
2) I like it a lot but i would recommend only getting it later on once you got pretty good gear, else you might strougle with breaches or general clearing. For my setup its an insane dps boost for single target without much cost though, since trash dies very easily anyway
3) You can see my gear above, i only skin transfered daressos on a lycosidae because else it looks pretty shit. I have 80% hit chance without the shield (due to no investment into acc at all), with flat acc rings and ammu (which dont exist in BSC with the other stats i want) you could propably hit like 88-91%, which is about what i would recommend. But keep in mind that if you crit the crit will be checked against you accuracy to confirm it, so you essentially loose 10% hit chance and then on top of that 10% crit chance, which is a pretty big damage loss. Also the build gets like a LOT more expensive -- you need another good weapon and gg jewellery.

"
Mr_Ven wrote:
Thanks so much, I think I will definitely sell my current gear and respec into this. I should definitely be able to get a 5L. How much is vinktar needed? Trying to balance getting the chest, vinktar, belt, and weapon is challenging for me I think.

Vinktar is not needed but certainly a very nice boost, i personally found 1 staff and bought the other 3 for like 30c total and then just did the map, maybe you could do the same? I would priortize getting the gear first, vinktar is a big boost but not needed for mid or early red maps at all.
currently leveling ele st raider but with dagger.
h/o dps 12.9k fully buffed around 30k

Spoiler

And question about head enchant: Is it worth to use ST projectiles deceleration reduction?
P.S Could you post some dps screens, like h/o, charges, fully buffed ?
Last edited by streej on Dec 12, 2016, 12:56:18 PM
"
streej wrote:
currently leveling ele st raider but with dagger.
h/o dps 12.9k fully buffed around 30k

Spoiler

And question about head enchant: Is it worth to use ST projectiles deceleration reduction?
P.S Could you post some dps screens, like h/o, charges, fully buffed ?

About helmet enchant: I remember from playing a while ago that with to much proj speed (decelleration is apparently pretty much the same as proj speed, just gives you range) the projectiles will no longer/not allways return to you, costing you lots of dps and making the skill less fun to use. I figured i dont want much more than my current throw range, so i went for the dps enchant instead, but feel free to experiment with others. I will add some dps screenshots to the main post in a minute.
Thanks for respond. I'm not expirienced spectral throw user, but what will gives more dps with similar rolls - foil or dagger?
Last edited by streej on Dec 12, 2016, 5:32:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info