[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

hey man! it's a nice build and i wonder if we can use Ember wake + Taming? if i use them what should i change to maximize the build ?
"
Divinitybagon wrote:
How do you cap elemental resists with this build? I'm looking at your gear and i don't see how your capped outside of cruel. I'm playing this build on legacy league right now and i'm only resist capped with a flask up.

Here is my current gear for legacy league:

Not showing Weapon, or Devoto's above. But with that gear I am sitting at

82% Fire
85% Cold
86% Lightning

It takes some juggling, but its manageable. I am only using mostly only dual resist pieces, no tri belt or anything. . Could get 10% more fire from perfect rolled neck.

I am -37% chaos, but should be buying a new pair of gloves which will keep the other resists the same, and bring chaos to -10%ish.

Edit: Got the gloves, now sitting at:

82% Fire
90% Cold
86% Lightning
-8% Chaos

Last edited by DuFFzbar on Mar 14, 2017, 7:02:24 AM
HI,

Quick question, If I dont have a Xophs yet should I still be picking up Avatar of fire?
What do you think about The Perfect Form (Free arctic armor + High Evasion + 1 talents point) as an alternative chest ? Now that we can have permanent onslaught with the new rotgut flask, Daresso loose a little bit of it's superbe, don't you think ?

Also another tricky option is the new Gruthkul's Pelt Wyrmscale Doublet, but we might lose too much because it disable golems and CWDT setup.

Thank's for your build guide !
Has anyone tried running this on mana with Cospri's Will and two curses (eg Flammability + Enfeeble) + HoA. You'd need to take the reduced mana reservation nodes near Vaal Pact and use an Enlighten too. But could be amazing, no?

Tree here

Basically just replace BM nodes with reduced mana reservation nodes. You'd be left with about 120 mana spare to run cyclone, which is about 3 cyclones before you're out of mana (ie you'd have to miss 3 times in a row - unlikely if you're running RT). The DPS boost from HoA+Flammability is very large and the toughness boost from running Temp Chains is also great (you probably couldn't run Enfeeble at a high level due to its Int requirement).

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 15, 2017, 5:50:32 AM
I used this build with another build for the axe and kinda mashed them together...

The thing i found is I'm having an issue with life rather then damage.

To counteract this, I moved my cyclone to a 4L and bought a kaom's chest.

My gear is below:

I have i believe I have around 70-80% fire penetration without the wise man flask.. With that i have about 90-95% penetration, and i'm running Purity of fire + flammability. With kaom's and my items now i'm sitting at around 6085 HP, and with 8 endurance charges I have 30k DPS on cyclone and 7.7k per ball on Molten Burst.

I find my this set up to be much safer then with a different chest, at the loss of some cyclone DPS. I have tried botha 5L daresso's and 5L carcass jack. Daresso's felt better then the carcass.

I still melt bosses and maps haven't been an issue, Reflect is also not a bother. I have about 140-160 mana left for cyclone that costs about 30 mana to use.

What's other peoples damage look like? Am i missing too much for the extra life?

Thanks,
Last edited by StrayFist on Mar 15, 2017, 12:34:43 PM
Do you guys think devotos is really necessary considering all the ias we are already getting? I was thinking maybe we could use a rare head for stats/res that could help support going with a curse. Also what's the idea behind vaal cyc? I was thinking maybe vaal haste or grace would provide more utility.
"
Morning32 wrote:
Do you guys think devotos is really necessary considering all the ias we are already getting? I was thinking maybe we could use a rare head for stats/res that could help support going with a curse. Also what's the idea behind vaal cyc? I was thinking maybe vaal haste or grace would provide more utility.

Deveto's is for the movement speed, more then anything. I was thinking of running the alpha howl for another aura but i don't think it's necessary at the moment. Getting max resistance isn't too hard, you might have to drop the unique boots he has, and go with a rare. I'd recommend the boots he has if you get a +2 frenzy boot.

As for vaal cyclone, if you haven't used this build with it yet, try it out. It doesn't need to be linked to anything. IT is absolutely amazing. I wouldn't bother with vaal grace/haste till at red tier maps. then i'd drop vaal cyclone.

This is my current gear, i'm sitting at 5.7k life @ level 89. I opted for Starkonja's instead of Devoto's Devotion since we get pretty much the same things plus life, while only losing movement speed (wich we already have A LOT) and chaos res (meh).

Cyclone tooltip is at 62k with 9 frenzy charges, and Molten Burst is at 8.6k per ball. Only problem I have right now is capping resists, I have enough fire and lightning res, but I'm sitting at exactly 75% cold resist and thats with 3 endurance charges (12% all res). I have cold resist on all 4 of my rare items and it's still not enough. I'm saving some currency to get a Taste of Haste, but having 75% res all the time, without having to depend on charges and/or flasks would be optimal.
"
ccloaded wrote:
HI,

Quick question, If I dont have a Xophs yet should I still be picking up Avatar of fire?

Yes, get AoF and when you get a Xoph's Blood just respec the points. With 100% fire conversion, that fire penetration we get is a HUGE dps boost. You can go by without AoF, but if you can temporarely 'sacrifice' a few points to get it, it's worth it.

"
hey man! it's a nice build and i wonder if we can use Ember wake + Taming? if i use them what should i change to maximize the build ?

Elemental Focus won't allow us to ignite anything and it's one of our biggest damage boosts 'support gem wise'. The emberwake+taming combo is best used with Oro's.

@StrayFist

Don't you think flammability is a bit overkill? How is it working out for you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info