[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

"
Hi, love the build, just bought a Ngamahu's and 6 socketed it to try it out :D I have a few questions:

Before I can afford a Xoph's, is it worth pathing to Avatar of Fire and then just refunding after I acquire the amulet, or should I just leave that node and go half physical/fire until I get the amulet?

Also, what do you think about the new Perseverance belt for this build? (Highlights include "You have Onslaught while you have Fortify").

You can stay half fire and just not use fire penetration gem. Just use a rare amulet until then.

And the perseverance belt is pretty bad. I don't know what they did to it while designing but it really doesnt give you any benefits over a rare belt and the life is too low. You also need any rare slot you can get for resists.

"
Would it possibly be worthwhile swapping Conc. Effect for Elemental Focus for non-bossfights? Not taking a hit to AoE might up the clearspeed somewhat.

You can do this if you want or even use inc aoe gem. The molten burst activates at the location of your hit so you don't really need aoe as long as you hit the monster. More aoe on cyclone helps for this instead.

Another reason to use conc effect is because normally point blank will only work on about 1/3rd of the projectiles because of their radius spread. If you reduce the aoe you get more benefit from point blank and it helps a lot on bosses with small hitboxes.

"
Really awesome build, thank you for sharing! Any special hints/recommendations on leveling and talent tree progression (i.E. when to pick up Acrobatics)? Sorry if the question is dumb or smth - just came back to the game after a 2 1/2 year break.

You can go straight to acro or you can go straight to duelist and get all the life first and then get blood magic as well which is what I did so i can use cyclone straight away. If you have decent leveling gear you can level with anything you want like a bow skill or blade vortex/flurry.

"
I see you have WED on your axe, WED doesn't appear to support Molten Burst.

WED works you can see it on the tooltip.
I'm thinking about starting this for a second build, seems like a lot of fun.

How does this compare to a similar slayer build? The notable differences I see are 3 auras, loss of frenzy charges and using EO instead of RT. I haven't played melee in ages, can you give some pros and cons of your build over the slayer variant? My main aim is farming guardians/shaper.
"
maladeth wrote:
I'm thinking about starting this for a second build, seems like a lot of fun.

How does this compare to a similar slayer build? The notable differences I see are 3 auras, loss of frenzy charges and using EO instead of RT. I haven't played melee in ages, can you give some pros and cons of your build over the slayer variant? My main aim is farming guardians/shaper.

Slayer has nice aoe but the class itself doesn't really offer anything special except the overkill leech I guess.

I chose raider because I played it just before on another build (ice shot) and it seemed really strong. Obviously the main strength of raider is the dodge cap and movement speed but another incredibly underrated perk is the avatar of the veil status ailment immunity. After doing breaches on another build when the league started I found it really annoying how you get shocked and chilled all the time so I found this passive to be really strong.

Another thing most people don't think about is that point blank has anti-synergy with aoe. Referring to this post by mark https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/916639/page/2#p7790589 you can see that you get less and less damage from point blank the more aoe you get which adds up to up to 20% or so less more multiplier.

TLDR: Gotta go fest
5 link set up?
Meow meow secret mission meow

IGN:

RelishBitch
"
Opra wrote:
5 link set up?

Drop added fire or drop fortify and have it on leap slam.
"
Aggnog wrote:
"
Opra wrote:
5 link set up?

Drop added fire or drop fortify and have it on leap slam.

thanks boo
Meow meow secret mission meow

IGN:

RelishBitch
have you tried doing a curse on hit flammability in the axe?
Build is awesome, Aggnog is awesome, what is not to love? Leveling a Ranger right nao.
nice build :)gonna try it.Whi not using increased area of effect maiby on cyclone set up and if yes then what gem i should replace? and what should be order in ascendancy points?Whi no faster attacks set up on cyclone ?
Last edited by PaigrandeTV on Dec 13, 2016, 9:39:12 AM
hi i have question what you take first and second in ascendency?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info