[3.2 Raider - Cyclone] Aggnog's flaming meatball massacre

Put me down for killing shaper with a variation of this build as well. Not my first kill though, killed him before on my dreamfeather phys/chaos spec, but still. I hope they make breach uniques easily accessible in the next league because this is really enjoyable to play.
I wonder, what are the best Enchantment for Gloves, helmet and boots?
For helmet Cyclone Attack Speed for sure!
can this build be converted to CI?

im level 81 right now and my gear is OK.. never made a CI character before so I was thinking of converting this and trying it out

should I wait until 84-85 or is it fine to start now, I only have about 1ex though to fund starting ci gear
Anyone has any idea how is flat physical compared to weapon elemental on rings?
I remember i compared some 30% weapon ele to some ~10 flat physical and physical came on top.
But I'm not sure if I should look into upgrading into some ele rings in exchange.

For those that use the Daresso's chest, how does it feel? I've only used the Carcass but can probably buy a 6 link to do guardians if the 6% dodge is that much of a differemce.I used to die a lot on the guardians but that was mainly that I had never done them. Still die now and then on phoenix to not running away fast enough from his blast and to chimera's smoke phase.

Currently respecced out of some life nodes to get the 10th frenzy charge and the 20% life that accompanies it.

Edit. Not really making other build so decided to start spending on this char.

Got this today
missing the int so had to grab a node but it gives me like 7k more dps. Really happy with it.
Last edited by Draconianpr on Jan 15, 2017, 11:50:08 PM
6% dodge won't make enough difference to justify the price of a 6L. The only guardian that gives me some trouble is Minotaur where I make sure I don't roll any damage mods (attack speed is fine, thanks to VP) and try to keep fortify up while facetanking him. Haven't been oneshot like that yet (6.2k hp). The other 3 are mostly just mechanics but I can see how not wearing Devoto's could pose a small problem in some situations (Chimera's fog phase for example).

Also, I took your advice about Onslaught and replaced my quicksilver with Silver flask of Adrenaline - worth it for guardians.
"
Nilat wrote:
I wonder, what are the best Enchantment for Gloves, helmet and boots?

For helmets you want to look for Cyclone Attack Speed or Damage, i personally went with 15% more Attack Speed.

For boots look for Elemental Damage Penetration if you haven't killed recently for End-game bosses or Increased Attack Speed/Cast Speed if you have killed recently for map clearing speed. I'd personally go with a +1 Maximum Frenzy Corrupt.

For gloves i'm not really that sure, they all seem to be a personal preference. I'd pick a Elemental Weakness on Hit Corrupt or Spiked Gloves for their Melee Damage implicit.

"
Draconianpr wrote:

For those that use the Daresso's chest, how does it feel? I've only used the Carcass but can probably buy a 6 link to do guardians if the 6% dodge is that much of a differemce.I used to die a lot on the guardians but that was mainly that I had never done them. Still die now and then on phoenix to not running away fast enough from his blast and to chimera's smoke phase.

It's really good as long as you can get Endurance Charges from somewhere for bosses, all the Guardian-fights seem to fill the charges really well. Had some issues on Shaper for obvious reasons. The dodge is really nice too, although i'm not sure will it justify the cost difference between a 6L Belly/Carcass and a 6L Daresso.

Curious about the general usability of Belly, since it has all the resists, i could get more damage from rings.
I like Hardstyle. Also cats.
Last edited by M4kk3 on Jan 16, 2017, 3:06:40 AM
"
Bawtzki wrote:
Also, I took your advice about Onslaught and replaced my quicksilver with Silver flask of Adrenaline - worth it for guardians.

I've achieved all guardians and chayula, only missing shaper and U-atz.

Some questions regarding your setup.

1 - Running blood magic doesn't cause any issues? What is your HP max / after buffs.
2 - What's with the maelstrom jewel slotted near Vaal Pact?
3 - How do you overcome the Shapers DoT Aura while he is beaming? I can't find a consistent way to survive it, even after using Purity of Ice / Taste of Hate / Dying Sun.
4 - Using your Silver Flask is the only way you can gain onslaught?

Also an open question to the community

5 - Not sure if my calculations are correct, but running fire pen seems to be the better dps boost over added fire. What do you guys prefer and why?

6 - I hate ancestral totems, flat out. I also hate golems, being that neither can really survive endgame unless your build is focused around them. So I've been running some other skills that seem promising.
1. Rallying Cry takes care of mana issues and a decent damage boost, it feels smoother than totem/golem mainly just because the cast time is 3/4 faster.
2. What do you guys think about Blood Rage? Is it worthwhile or too redundant? I am going to try running it inside my CWDT setup but your opinions are valuable.

Also on a side note I've found Fortify on Cyclone feels great on this build as well. We already do a ridiculous amount of dps, and it also let's us have a stand alone leap slam for lab mobility.

"
"
Bawtzki wrote:

I've achieved all guardians and chayula, only missing shaper and U-atz.

Some questions regarding your setup.

1 - Running blood magic doesn't cause any issues? What is your HP max / after buffs.
2 - What's with the maelstrom jewel slotted near Vaal Pact?
3 - How do you overcome the Shapers DoT Aura while he is beaming? I can't find a consistent way to survive it, even after using Purity of Ice / Taste of Hate / Dying Sun.
4 - Using your Silver Flask is the only way you can gain onslaught?

Also an open question to the community

6 - I hate ancestral totems, flat out. I also hate golems, being that neither can really survive endgame unless your build is focused around them. So I've been running some other skills that seem promising.
2. What do you guys think about Blood Rage? Is it worthwhile or too redundant? I am going to try running it inside my CWDT setup but your opinions are valuable.

Also on a side note I've found Fortify on Cyclone feels great on this build as well. We already do a ridiculous amount of dps, and it also let's us have a stand alone leap slam for lab mobility.

1) No. My max hp is ~6.2k hp. I don't use any aura buffs (HoA is slotted in from when I was testing a setup without BM - couldn't make it work to fit my playstyle, mana wise, eventually I realized I do more raw dps by spinning nonstop instead of waiting for regen to catch up)

2) It's from when I played with dreamfeather swords, I only respecced recently and couldn't find any good jewels at the time and then kinda forgot about it. Considering my only challenge left is 10k map tiers I probably won't even replace it.

3) Do you mean his actual beam damage? I make sure I spin behind him and Vaal Pact takes care of any damage that I get due to spinning too close. I don't run any auras or flasks that raise my max cold resistance.

4) Yes. The flask is up all the time on trash and I get 12s of uptime on guardians which is pretty good.

6.2) Must have buff. It's free dps, slot it somewhere and use it.

Fortify is a wasted gem slot in your main dps setup imo. You can easily get it on movement skills and it's not really needed for anything besides maybe minotaur with damage mods. All other fights (including Izaro) can be done by learning the mechanics.

One thing that I'd do if I had more gem slots (might ditch by cwdt setup for this actually) is Vengeance + Curse on Hit + Flammability (fortify doesn't work with trigger gems if anyone's wondering).
I'll probably ween myself off fortify in time, it's mainly for Minotaur like you said, along with phoenix if I get caught at the wrong end of his combo attack.

I've realize it really doesn't do anything vs shaper and next run is going to be more of a "Dps over survivability" run. I'm still learning his mechanics but he's easy to read, I seem to just get picked off a lot by the beam even when behind him, maybe I'm ignorant to the aoe radius. His yellow balls also pick me off from time to time.

I must be missing something important in the daresso setup, is that supposed to be a cheaper version of the build? It seems to have a lot of wasted stats on it. Have you tried it at all?

Also do you have a good dps checker for cyclone or if you know how it's calculated, do I attack 7x per use? or 7x per second while "channeling".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info