System reqs

What do you think the system requirements will be? or have they already been announced?
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2012, 3:58:37 PM
"
xyz1721 wrote:
What do you think the system requirements will be? or have they already been announced?

We haven't announced them yet - we're constantly improving the performance so we'll have a much better idea of the requirements closer to release.

We want it to be playable on all modern machines.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
hope there will be lots of options to tone down the various graphic elements that really eat resources , always choose performance over looks . blood often interferes with looting , unless loot is visibly distinct then i dont care .

i have actually seen a game whose performance was -improved- with the addition of some shaders , not sure how often that happens though :) .
"
We want it to be playable on all modern machines.

Does this mean it'll be playable on linux? :D
He said machine, not OS :).
I was part of the LAN test on the weekend. I have a very moderate system (C2D E6300, GeForce 8800 GT 512mb, 6GB DDR2 800) and it ran flawlessly. I didn't tone the graphics down or anything and they looked pretty good, so I'm assuming it was on "full".

Any modern machine should be able to run this quite well, I would say. If your hardware is any older than mine you're probably due for an upgrade anyway :)
Sounds like there's a good chance for my two years old laptop to run the game reasonably well.
"
I was part of the LAN test on the weekend.

How was it? Or are you not allowed to say?
I was impressed, but it's nowhere near complete just yet. I guess that's why it's still in a super closed Alpha :)

"
TonTo wrote:
I was impressed, but it's nowhere near complete just yet. I guess that's why it's still in a super closed Alpha :)

What always surprises me is that despite it being the game being unfinished, several of our internal (unpaid) alpha testers have clocked up over 40 hours in a week playing the game!

What you guys played at the LAN was about 60% of Act 1 (which is mostly shown in the announcement trailers). We haven't shown the rest of Act 1 or any of Act 2 publically yet, so it won't be enabled at events like this until it's announced (and a little more polished).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info