[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

Hey man nice build u have a CI tree ?? i would love to do it
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Djae wrote:
Hi,i'm currently playing this build and loving it so far,i have one question about your ascendancy choice,why do you pick "Beacon of corruption" instead of "Minion damage and life" and "Minion damage chaos resistance".

Thank you

It's a matter of 15% damage vs the chaos clouds.

I hit up sarn arena for lulz sometimes so chaos clouds are nice. You can get the minion damage/life node if you want instead.

I see,thank you :)
"
D3VILBR1 wrote:
Hey man nice build u have a CI tree ?? i would love to do it

Sorry I try to stay away from CI to give players more options. CI is really overdone and an unfortunate side effect of GGG taking its time to rebalance things a bit.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
weak wrote:
Have you tested damage gains on running 4 flame golems + 1 other golem? the jewel says, "(16-20)% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned". wouldnt that mean running 1 extra non flame golem would net you 100% golem damage? which may be better overall since its 100% across 4 flame golems. (gains 400% effective flame golem damage + 1 whatever golem)

:S why you answer everyone and not me. feels pretty bad man lol. just re-asking you same question here ^^. i know someone else did some theory math on this earlier but i would like your input on this as well.
IGN TaNequa
"
weak wrote:
"
weak wrote:
Have you tested damage gains on running 4 flame golems + 1 other golem? the jewel says, "(16-20)% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned". wouldnt that mean running 1 extra non flame golem would net you 100% golem damage? which may be better overall since its 100% across 4 flame golems. (gains 400% effective flame golem damage + 1 whatever golem)

:S why you answer everyone and not me. feels pretty bad man lol. just re-asking you same question here ^^. i know someone else did some theory math on this earlier but i would like your input on this as well.

I didn't run the numbers, but I tested it.

- Clearspeed is noticable slower with only 4 Flame Golems as you lose "AOE" in favor of getting more damage (which isn't really needed for most maps)

- Against bosses that don't die in 2-3 seconds I see a good increase in kill speed when I run a Stone Golem with 4 Flame Golems

So to sum up, it might be a good idea to just summon one Stone Golem from the Clayshaper skill when you fight harder bosses. You don't need gemslots and it wouldnt matter any way if you summon another golem, it won't do any damage, it just buffs the flame golems.

And yes, I know it goes against the "lazy" theme of the build to actually do anything ;) But its nice to have the option.

Your results may vary, but as it is so very easy to test, just go for it and see for yourself.

On another note: Enchants!

The helmet one should be pretty clear, Flame Golems have 40% increased Damage

But anybody got any ideas what would be some nice glove and boot enchantments?

I was thinking "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently" could be pretty good on the boots because it should be permanent for us.

Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 12, 2016, 10:45:40 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
weak wrote:
"
weak wrote:

I didn't run the numbers, but I tested it.

- Clearspeed is noticable slower with only 4 Flame Golems as you lose "AOE" in favor of getting more damage (which isn't really needed for most maps)

- Against bosses that don't die in 2-3 seconds I see a good increase in kill speed when I run a Stone Golem with 4 Flame Golems

So to sum up, it might be a good idea to just summon one Stone Golem from the Clayshaper skill when you fight harder bosses. You don't need gemslots and it wouldnt matter any way if you summon another golem, it won't do any damage, it just buffs the flame golems.

And yes, I know it goes against the "lazy" theme of the build to actually do anything ;) But its nice to have the option.

Your results may vary, but as it is so very easy to test, just go for it and see for yourself.

On another note: Enchants!

The helmet one should be pretty clear, Flame Golems have 40% increased Damage

But anybody got any ideas what would be some nice glove and boot enchantments?

I was thinking "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently" could be pretty good on the boots because it should be permanent for us.

That boot enchant would only apply to you unfortunately, not the golems.

I'd go for a defensive boot enchant.

Same goes for gloves imo.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
hi, I started with this build as a life based srs then got my golem gems and had to give it a go I was going to make the transition to CI then started to give your build a try since i had to respec less and i'm complete wrecking everything but i do have a question I was doing a chaos breach and had to use some life flasks (requires work) and i wondered how this build with do against Chayula breach lord and the chaos dmg any enjoyin the build still tweaking for my play style thanks

I'm sitting at 4k health 5k es

"
Simplesim45 wrote:

That boot enchant would only apply to you unfortunately, not the golems.

I'd go for a defensive boot enchant.

Same goes for gloves imo.

Ah right, well movespeed it is then :D And I can't think of a more defensive enchanctment for boots than movement speed. Well maybe the spell block chance on recent spell damage. But movespeed is a great defense in many situations.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 13, 2016, 6:01:24 AM
Do you think losing 2 golems and playing CI or low life with Soulstrike / Bow +1/+2 fire with golem 21 and empower 4 would be good ?
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Dec 13, 2016, 5:31:14 AM
Now i try play with 3x curse, enfeeble + flammbility on blasphemy and COH + Ball Lightning + GMP + Ele weakness, i think is the best choice on HC Breach. On 80 lvl i have 4k HP and 3k ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info