[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

Is ignite not worth it on golems?
why elemental focus > fire penetration ?
is elemental focus better then fire penetration even if i use 1 curse ?

edit: and EE ofc
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
Last edited by cr4ck4r on Dec 12, 2016, 7:40:11 AM
just got all the primordial, wew! and oh boy they're costly, but faceroll it is!
So, we run 3 auras right? That means I would not have to cap resists as we get +60% all res from the ascendency? Never played a Necromancer before, so not sure if it applies to each aura you have running.
"
Mecielle wrote:
So, we run 3 auras right? That means I would not have to cap resists as we get +60% all res from the ascendency? Never played a Necromancer before, so not sure if it applies to each aura you have running.

You get the 20% all res only once. The cast and attack speed however stacks per aura.
"
shukolade wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

You get the 20% all res only once. The cast and attack speed however stacks per aura.

Ah ok, I guess the resists stacking too would make that node a little overpowered^^
"
weak wrote:
Have you tested damage gains on running 4 flame golems + 1 other golem? the jewel says, "(16-20)% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned". wouldnt that mean running 1 extra non flame golem would net you 100% golem damage? which may be better overall since its 100% across 4 flame golems. (gains 400% effective flame golem damage + 1 whatever golem)

i think u forgot that the jewel also works on pure fire set up

lets say u have 5 fire golems without the jewel: thats 500 dps (5x 100) (lets say a fire golem does 100 dps)

with jewel its 600 dps (5x 120)

with jewel + one different golem: 560 dps (4x 140) - so the other golem would have to do 40 dps. in theory that can actually work, but keep in mind u will have the other golem not on a 6 link.

it might be worth for the utility though, maybe a stone or chaos golem as a tank.

hope i didnt do the math wrong

/edit

what i actually forgot is that those jewels stack. so another example with 4 jewels

5 fire golems = 900 dps (5x 180) assuming one golem does 100 dps
4 fire golems = 1040 dps (4x 260) + one additional golem

that actually turns towards the 4 golem + one different set up. however, this is all increased damage so im not sure how that would work out overall with all the increased minion dmg notes from the tree. maybe someone else can do the math since im still new to PoE and what i said above might be inherently wrong to begin with.

but the idea seems not bad at all to me so far.
Last edited by KinGGaiA on Dec 12, 2016, 11:17:42 AM
So I made a character just to try this build. Did a little grinding up to 38 and got all the jewel nodes I could bypassing the major survival nodes. I inserted the Jewels needed and headed out...

My god... what a treat this is. This build is absolutely devastating and really just hilarious to play. Once I hit 41 it just got bananas with FIVE of these little fiends running around covering the world in Hell.

Thank goodness I rolled BSC because my actual character's survivability is terrible, but that doesn't matter just yet since everything gets incinerated before it even poses a problem.

Good work with this. Easily the most fun I have ever had on a character. It's just silly.
I started out a bit diffent, probably less optimzed version. It is low life, has one less golem and more focus on auras. Bit unsure on the value of anger.

I'm really curious what you think of it.

Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-K6QJLrhsl2VttGX0Ya9vsikyzLagnqYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbbiTIvRsC5MnXIq-iqEvytO0DOq6DXxGceGIHaqnCOvuHNyPGlXg0B-P-u_rUilJUfDVWAdmVCymjHaUb7cxZp760hcvZOdV1oCkf8YksEmx18_5N--IwcXsGHC72RMvbx1PN4Om649GN2Y0ClfJKPqCx9P7OVKxkGqsWpGofVhaEVA1uacrFSeMsUiODeK-T5uK2QsqmPqA04_sg4MJcg8YVr0nGDwfGM0WUfv56BVQ2t3-SR0U99fMvBhqm6FNuYVgqsSYrb6A

Jewels:
1x Anima Stone
1x Primordial Might
1x Primordial Eminence
5x Primordial Harmonies

Links:
6L: Summon Flame Golem \ Spell Echo \ Minion Damage \ GMP \ Controlled Destruction \ Elemental Focus
4L: Arc \ CoH \ Flammability \ Ele weakness
4L: CWDT \ Bone Offering \ Immortal Call \ Increased Duration
4L: Flesh Offering \ Incr Dur \ Vaal Disc \ PoL
3L: Disc \ Haste \ Anger
3L: Desecrate \ Conv \ Flame Dash
1L: PoL

Items:
Shavs
Clayshaper
Prism Guardian
Pariah
Last edited by foojin on Dec 12, 2016, 11:53:05 AM
"
foojin wrote:
I started out a bit diffent, probably less optimzed version. It is low life, has one less golem and more focus on auras. Bit unsure on the value of anger.

I'm really curious what you think of it.

Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAN-K6QJLrhsl2VttGX0Ya9vsikyzLagnqYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbbiTIvRsC5MnXIq-iqEvytO0DOq6DXxGceGIHaqnCOvuHNyPGlXg0B-P-u_rUilJUfDVWAdmVCymjHaUb7cxZp760hcvZOdV1oCkf8YksEmx18_5N--IwcXsGHC72RMvbx1PN4Om649GN2Y0ClfJKPqCx9P7OVKxkGqsWpGofVhaEVA1uacrFSeMsUiODeK-T5uK2QsqmPqA04_sg4MJcg8YVr0nGDwfGM0WUfv56BVQ2t3-SR0U99fMvBhqm6FNuYVgqsSYrb6A

Jewels:
1x Anima Stone
1x Primordial Might
1x Primordial Eminence
5x Primordial Harmonies

Links:
6L: Summon Flame Golem \ Spell Echo \ Minion Damage \ GMP \ Controlled Destruction \ Elemental Focus
4L: Arc \ CoH \ Flammability \ Ele weakness
4L: CWDT \ Bone Offering \ Immortal Call \ Increased Duration
4L: Flesh Offering \ Incr Dur \ Vaal Disc \ PoL
3L: Disc \ Haste \ Anger
3L: Desecrate \ Conv \ Flame Dash
1L: PoL

Items:
Shavs
Clayshaper
Prism Guardian
Pariah

Seems like it could work.

I'm just having a hard time validating low life for the playstyle. You'd have to be a lot more careful than I am. I like to just run in there with a phasing flask and rumi's and if my ES gets chunked out I can rely on a health pot. I don't necessarily have to wait for my ES to start its regen before moving on either.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
Seems like it could work.

I'm just having a hard time validating low life for the playstyle. You'd have to be a lot more careful than I am. I like to just run in there with a phasing flask and rumi's and if my ES gets chunked out I can rely on a health pot. I don't necessarily have to wait for my ES to start its regen before moving on either.

Thanks but I agree with you, it feels like I am patching holes left and right in my version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info