[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
vinco2050 wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
vinco2050 wrote:
I took some of your advice and respecced my tree to this
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCABzcEFiboY8ar5vfbfsJhXv31ylPTIvAZmZUuJObtYTF7-uhLxslV8lLrhXXhq7K0-wYvop_xtyNgpudrg18X2pfKvbaKjiPRvrSUXRvnodl2VtfsCj6wfOmmevukycdFOw434rQ0EZxGGoabHy7Fy8fx8HFgKRWYyycgsc5UhmKgwnVprUE1AcTNVZILR8sv7QM5CI1uRqPES9YB20ZEQ8OSDrYOw1ca13yGoEzhxekdFUrCpUgLYtV1hGWA-4dvsNtkPqsmGTnEVDvS4RIoqMreKcrRUeP-tgkwzrKSqcIHU_pAuq6d-U=

ive got 46 mana left, enough to cast everything, and i'm very happy with the results

edit: lol i cant cast golems with 4 auras up, gotta drop AA to recast them until i get a cwdt setup for them

Sorry seems I missed your reply :)

You can use an enlighten+blasphemy+warlords mark+discipline in your black sun crest (or any other slot if not using the black sun crest) - it should fix that issue without having to link a lvl 20cwdt+golems (I really dislike that mechanic of resummoning)

Doing that myself got me to 270 unreserved mana, which even allows you to do no regen maps without taking a mana flask - something that is a lot riskier when at <80 mana or whatever you have :)

im still on the fence about wearing a black sun crest and taking the es hit (im in HC), but I have considered this. in the process of leveling an enlighten though.

Since you specced into some aura nodes, you could give the following a try, if you have the room to do so:

Black Sun Crest /w GRBB and run Discipline+Empower+Enlighten+AA (you can either 3 link without AA or 4 link if you can do that mana wise)

The + levels on disc will make up quite a bit of the lost ES from your previous head.
i bought a BSC a while ago just to mess around with so i have actually tried that. it's still about a ~400 es hit on even my crappy 150es helm, putting me around 9.5k. a good 300-400 es helm would be miles better
Looks awesome, there's just one thing that triggers me everytime.. ;)

Perception is reality.
Hey guys! Thanks for this cool build. I've been playing with this build for like a week and managed to do T14 with bad rolls and corrupted Colosseum T15. Got a Chimera map which i alched and vaaled. Couldn't make it =(
It's been the coolest build I played so far on my 3 months of POE.

Got another Chimera today and alched it without corrupting with vaal. Managed to stay alive untill the Chimera drops the smoke and then i couldnt regen ES anymore and died in 2 hits. Used the five teleports remaining to get to the arena, 2 hits and i'd be dead, couldn't regen ES cause Chimera was hiding on the smoke clouds. What did i do wrong? xD
"
vinco2050 wrote:
i bought a BSC a while ago just to mess around with so i have actually tried that. it's still about a ~400 es hit on even my crappy 150es helm, putting me around 9.5k. a good 300-400 es helm would be miles better

Oh a good ES helm is indeed quite a bit better - I lost around 2k ES switching back to BSC!
The increase in dps (and thus, leech) is quite noticable however, but I can also totally understand not wanting to risk it in HC ;)

I don't have much experience on HC, I stay away because lack of SSD deaths :P

"
widardd wrote:
Looks awesome, there's just one thing that triggers me everytime.. ;)

Oh, that (I think) is merely a way to save a point while leveling - this build is quite heavy on points, so until the high levels (92+) I think there are better points to spend - that said, I already respecced to the one extra passive for curse effectiveness :)

"
vardows wrote:
Hey guys! Thanks for this cool build. I've been playing with this build for like a week and managed to do T14 with bad rolls and corrupted Colosseum T15. Got a Chimera map which i alched and vaaled. Couldn't make it =(
It's been the coolest build I played so far on my 3 months of POE.

Got another Chimera today and alched it without corrupting with vaal. Managed to stay alive untill the Chimera drops the smoke and then i couldnt regen ES anymore and died in 2 hits. Used the five teleports remaining to get to the arena, 2 hits and i'd be dead, couldn't regen ES cause Chimera was hiding on the smoke clouds. What did i do wrong? xD

It's funny, no matter what build I play and threads I post on, this question *always* gets asked, people who write guides should make a little guide about this specific boss just to avoid the questions and some silly deaths!

So this is how the boss works:
You dps until 75%, he disappears and summons adds. After adds are dead, he will briefly come back, then disappear again and put those smoke clouds all over the room. Now the trick is, he is actually hiding in one of these clouds, you need to run over them to find him so you can continue attacking ;)

That said, you can get unlucky and have him in the "last" cloud you decide to run over, and he does do quite a bit of damage in the meantime - so I strongly suggest you bring a vaal discipline for this particular fight, its an amazing life saver (I should say, energy shield saver, haha) for when you don't find him very fast. And of course, bring a quicksilver so you can run over all of them asap!

Hope that helps :)

edit: chimera is a pain in the a** without stun protection, it slows it down to a crawl - bring a granite+basalt with stun recovery if you don't have unwavering.
edit2:
For the other guardians, maybe answer a few questions before they're asked :)

- Minotaur - bring 1 topaz flask, 1 granite, 1 basalt, facetank. This is the easiest t16 for us.
- Phoenix - bring 2+ ruby flasks, without ruby you need to run away from his big explosion. Not the hardest, goes from annoying to easy with ruby flasks.
- Chimera - 1 basalt, 1 quicksilver, 1 granite, rolled /w stun recovery if you are not unwavering stance. Probably 2nd hardest due to cloud rng.
- Hydra - bring 2 sapphire flasks /w chill remove. This is the hardest one for us because he runs around constantly so it is hard to keep leeching. You can do it... but I personally sell my hydra maps, not worth the pain it is.

--

Uber atziri: bring ruby flasks and swap warlords mark for purity of fire.
Shaper: bring chill remove sapphire + granite + basalt. With basalt and granite (and enfeeble) his big smash hits for 5.4k - so you can facetank IF you are good with flask management. All his other damage is cold so ideally - get a 2nd helm/free slot for purity of ice.
Last edited by falagar112 on Jan 3, 2017, 11:45:21 AM
"
It's funny, no matter what build I play and threads I post on, this question *always* gets asked, people who write guides should make a little guide about this specific boss just to avoid the questions and some silly deaths!

You dps until 75%, he disappears and summons adds. After adds are dead, he will briefly come back, then disappear again and put those smoke clouds all over the room. Now the trick is, he is actually hiding in one of these clouds, you need to run over them to find him so you can continue attacking ;)

That said, you can get unlucky and have him in the "last" cloud you decide to run over, and he does do quite a bit of damage in the meantime - so I strongly suggest you bring a vaal discipline for this particular fight, its an amazing life saver (I should say, energy shield saver, haha) for when you don't find him very fast. And of course, bring a quicksilver so you can run over all of them asap!

edit: chimera is a pain in the a** without stun protection, it slows it down to a crawl - bring a granite+basalt with stun recovery if you don't have resolute technique.

Hey , thanks for the reply
It was my first time doing a T16 guardian map, so I was suposed to fail hard
I'm happy i could make it to 75% hp anyways xD
Thing is when he droped the clouds, i couldn't run trough it without receiving a hit that damages 50% of my total energy shield.How could i regen if i couldn't leech? haha
I never played a Witch, ES, CI or spell classes at all, i've always been melee

Well, next time i'll bring a vaal discipline and see what happens xD

edit: forgot to mention, the corrupted chimera mods were insane, 366% more crit chance, 30% more damage, 100% morem damage as lightning and around 5 other mods i dont remember LOL
Last edited by vardows on Jan 3, 2017, 11:48:05 AM
"
vardows wrote:
"

edit: chimera is a pain in the a** without stun protection, it slows it down to a crawl - bring a granite+basalt with stun recovery if you don't have resolute technique.

Hey , thanks for the reply
It was my first time doing a T16 guardian map, so I was suposed to fail hard
I'm happy i could make it to 75% hp anyways xD
Thing is when he droped the clouds, i couldn't run trough it without receiving a hit that damages 50% of my total energy shield.How could i regen if i couldn't leech? haha
I never played a Witch, ES, CI or spell classes at all, i've always been melee

Well, next time i'll bring a vaal discipline and see what happens xD

You will notice he always disappears at a set time - ~5s after he comes back from an add wave. Prepot your granite/basalt before he disappears and he will only do ~1.5k dmg at most per hit. Vaal Discipline if pots run out before you found him :)

ps. added some info to my previous post. you picked the 2nd hardest for this build to start, and it is easy to die on this one. Maybe try a minotaur first ;)

edit because edit:
noticed what you said about rolls;
with those rolls, i'd have taken a topaz flask with me as well!
flask management and bringing the right flasks for the right fight, is key to endgame - for pretty much every build, not just this one! :)
Last edited by falagar112 on Jan 3, 2017, 11:57:10 AM
Thanks for the great information :)
I'll try to open the path for minotaur and farm some (i'm stuck on the T11/12 on minotaur path haha can't find any higher tier maps for those)

Also, about the chimera, it was a hard moded map i think (366% crit chance, more damage, more damage as lightning and 5 other mods i dont remember) haha
"
vardows wrote:
Thanks for the great information :)
I'll try to open the path for minotaur and farm some (i'm stuck on the T11/12 on minotaur path haha can't find any higher tier maps for those)

Also, about the chimera, it was a hard moded map i think (366% crit chance, more damage, more damage as lightning and 5 other mods i dont remember) haha

edit because edit:
noticed what you said about rolls;
with those rolls, i'd have taken a topaz flask with me as well!
flask management and bringing the right flasks for the right fight, is key to endgame - for pretty much every build, not just this one! :)

All these ninja edits :D

and a sapphire i cant find atm xD

switch around to needs (the mana flask is for no regen maps)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info