[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

"
vinco2050 wrote:

"
Russelxp wrote:
Hey, I'm leveling this build but what I don't get is how you all make Mastermind of Discord work. What's the active lightning skill you are using every 10 seconds?

orb of storms. doubles as an elemental overload trigger.

But it doesn't count in a CWDT setup, right? All the information about Mastermind of Discord I could ifnd says it doesn't count when not cast manually.
Last edited by Russelxp on Dec 31, 2016, 10:01:54 AM
"
Russelxp wrote:
"
vinco2050 wrote:

"
Russelxp wrote:
Hey, I'm leveling this build but what I don't get is how you all make Mastermind of Discord work. What's the active lightning skill you are using every 10 seconds?

orb of storms. doubles as an elemental overload trigger.

But it doesn't count in a CWDT setup, right? All the information about Mastermind of Discord I could ifnd says it doesn't count when not cast manually.

orb can't be triggered, only self cast. even if its in the cwdt setup it can still be self cast, and it get the curse on hit supports too
Hi thanks for the guide, it has been very helpful and overall the build has been pretty strong except some breach,s have been a bit too much with mob density and getting stunned alot leading to fast deaths, it seems i need a bit more defense as i head into act 4 merciless it is starting to feel more squishy, of course i have alot of tuning to do yet. I noticed you had over 300 intellect on gear even at 72 on your low budget set,,.getting that much intellect now can be costly when also getting decent ES rolls, currently have around 250 intellect on gear and around 7200 ES with discipline up in hideout but dps looks to be about 1k less than you had at 73 wich is where im at,, however I still havent touched the lab and my staff is only 15% inc intelligence,I wish I had caught that 3% when i bought it 6 socketed, the little things stack up in the end. Ive been using a spell totem that also cast Scorching ray to help with breaches but they are getting quite bit tougher with stuns the last few ive run, losing xp to deaths stings alot when your covering as much ground as your passive tree does.

thx again, ive been planning a WI build since about perandus but never got around to it, cwc seems to work pretty good on the skills i tested with it and i hope to use it in a poison build next.
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
i love this build so far. made few adjustments but i have few problems with chayula domain and the phys domain. i run out of time. is it even possible to do these in time?

and how did you get chaos dmg on your ice storm in the dps chart. when i press atziris promise nothing change in dps
Last edited by sakuranoto on Dec 31, 2016, 11:30:39 PM
"
falagar112 wrote:

Except you already take 2 of those strength nodes if you are traveling towards unwavering stance.

I know OP says he is fine without unwavering, but without boot enchants, i did get stunned very often - and being level 95... deaths are a day of maps wasted.

I prefer the no risk option ;)

I really like your build, would you mind posting like a rough lvl38 skill tree and a like lvl60 one so i can get a bit of a feeling how you traversed it ? :)

Thanks in advance!
"
Lorune wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:

Except you already take 2 of those strength nodes if you are traveling towards unwavering stance.

I know OP says he is fine without unwavering, but without boot enchants, i did get stunned very often - and being level 95... deaths are a day of maps wasted.

I prefer the no risk option ;)

I really like your build, would you mind posting like a rough lvl38 skill tree and a like lvl60 one so i can get a bit of a feeling how you traversed it ? :)

Thanks in advance!

Hey, that would be fairly hard for me - I followed OPs leveling guide until ~92, then started to play around with it and ended up at the build I am using right now.

Would say everything around Trickery, Faith and Steel, Area damage nodes, and the whole route towards unwavering stance are the things you can keep for last.

Getting stunned wasn't a real issue to me until I started running the harder (t15+ bad rolls) content where you can die during the duration of that stun.

Having a few deaths because of stuns during my leveling from 92 to 93 made me rethink the build a little and respec into unwavering stance.

Before that I was running exact build as OP - it had 400 int less (around 200 with black sun crest) - but a lot more dps nodes as you can see. Found that the increase in int more then made up for the loss of those dps talents. Same with the initial traveling path from witch starting position - I did lose a lot of ES (went from 11k to 8.6k) but because I used flammability+elemental weakness before, and now use enfeeble+temporal chains, I feel much more safe during the hard content :)

Hope this helps!

PS - Faith and Steel 2 points are placeholders for now - when I get to 96 I will respec out of them and take the jewel between vaal pact and scion start area instead.

"
sakuranoto wrote:
i love this build so far. made few adjustments but i have few problems with chayula domain and the phys domain. i run out of time. is it even possible to do these in time?

and how did you get chaos dmg on your ice storm in the dps chart. when i press atziris promise nothing change in dps

For Chayula and Uul-Netol: Swap your life leech gem to an increased duration gem - it will fix all your time issues.

For Uul-Netol in particular I would also swap flame dash to leap slam - bad walls can fuck you over otherwise.

edit: reasoning is that these 2 domains, the mobs, especially the rares, have a lot more hitpoints, so very often you want to continue running further, but are stuck behind finishing them off. Using Increased Duration instead of LL means your icestorms stick around longer, which will finish these rares off, giving you extra time and faster movement through the realm.
Last edited by falagar112 on Jan 1, 2017, 2:16:32 PM
How do you level with scorching ray without feeling like you're running lvl100 maps with enfeeble?
60dps at lvl16. That's awful.
"
DarkKaine wrote:
How do you level with scorching ray without feeling like you're running lvl100 maps with enfeeble?
60dps at lvl16. That's awful.

You don't :D

I used Firestorm in a lifesprig to get to 33, then self casted ice storm until 38, then switch in CwC and ready to roll!
So I just died earlier after a good two-week long run with this build and I have to say it was pretty crazy. The moment I hit lv 38 I equipped CWC and never looked back. It only took me a couple days to hit 70. Bosses died before they could even get more than one or two attack animations off. I was able to facetank breaches with ease.

My downfall came when I tried taking on a 4-essence mob that became possessed a few seconds into the fight and ripped me a new one. Kudos for the amazing build, will definitely make another one next season. Its very cheap and effective!
Haven't read through all the posts but, this ring helps a lot with stun issues. I'm currently at level 79 and have done up to T11 maps with no problems at all.

Spoiler

The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info