[2.5] CI Witch Scorching Ray CWC Whispering Ice - Version 2.0 Released - Now with more damage!

@Vinco, Falagar112

I understand now but i still not sure if i'll take Potency of the Will passive xD and thx for reply=p
Last edited by Elf_97 on Jan 2, 2017, 1:43:28 AM
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
DarkKaine wrote:
How do you level with scorching ray without feeling like you're running lvl100 maps with enfeeble?
60dps at lvl16. That's awful.

You don't :D

I used Firestorm in a lifesprig to get to 33, then self casted ice storm until 38, then switch in CwC and ready to roll!

I personally found the whispering ice self cast a bit annoying and brutal on the mana, so i just went on with fire storm until 38 then swapped to CWC, was a lot easier :)
Hello everyone!
First let me apologize for the lack of activity lately, december has been a busy month because of the holidays, so I have barely been home, and I am also in the middle of moving in with my GF (getting my new apartment the 6th january). Besides this I have also gotten pneumonia. Great timing huh.
I hope you all enjoyed your christmas and new year!

Thank you all for the amazing support and activity while I have been gone, I just finished reading all of the comments I have missed.

I will now answer some questions/posts:

"
Anguskhan82 wrote:
what do you mean by ''jewel your whispering ice''?

Using jewellers to 6 socket your staff

"
mopzi wrote:
is mastermind of discord really needed ? else i'd go clamity first in merc and maybe mastermind in uber lab

You can swap it around if you prefer it that way, I had no need for clamity before I had to run tier 10+ maps where I had to vaal orb maps and run the reflect maps I got, the single rare reflect mobs we meet in ordinary maps are not a problem without clamity.

"
Arclayd wrote:
Why not using both Icestorm and Firestorm?

Because CWC will not proc both spell simultaneously, but one after the other, not resulting in more casts, and a lost support gem. Also firestorm does not scale with int, which will be a loss in damage also. If you want to use firestorm I would recommend a wither cwc firestorm poison build.

"
AgentChunk wrote:
If I'm playing with someone who is using blasphemy + warlord's mark already should I still use blasphemy + warlord's mark too or should I use something else?

It really depends on playstyle, if you both are running closely and you get the beneffit of the curse, then feel free to swap it out for another setup (maybe an extra aura for defenses).
"
vinco2050 wrote:
"
Anguskhan82 wrote:
"
GaabrielMS wrote:
I'd just like to add to this build that if you get the + 30 int right next to vaal pact you can get 40 int + 10 dex for 3 points and respec out of catalyze, which gives you 40 int for the same 3 points, just a heads up, a question, on the dps side of things, how would you upgrade this build (without counting flasks), would a firestorm/icestorm CwC setup work in any way ?

If you did you gain 0 int but lose 24% elemental damage as the strength nodes turn into int if you use the jewel.but it does look like the op post has moved on to different build i have killed hydra/minotaur and 4 of the breach boss's not sure this can kill shaper if not i will switch over to the tri curse version of this build as it seems great

that elemental damage only applies to damage dealt by weapons and doesn't help at all. that said, it still makes sense to get it IF you're going down to Unwavering. otherwise he's right, you should take the 30 int node and recover a skill point

Both routes are 3 points (if you remove calamity + the 2 travel notes) and take the 2 travel notes + the 30 int note.
40 int + (elemental weapon damage that we do not benefit from) vs 40 int + 10 dex.
This is not am major upgrade, but getting 10 free dex is definitly the optimal choice, thanks for bringing this up.

I have not moved on to another build on the other hand, I am just a build-a-holic and i love having a lot of builds going at the same time. I have also been low on time (you can see my previous post explaining why), so most of my PoE time has been used together with my GF and guildies, instead of progressing on my CWC build.

"
vinco2050 wrote:
Is there another way we can generate endurance charges? Enfeeble would probably be a better aura to run on blasphemy, but the charges generated by WM feed Immortal Call so they can't be dropped entirely

I have not yet found better ways to generate endurances charges on sadly, you could try swapping the cwdt setup to WM and run enfeeble in blasphemy and see if you can keep up the charges that way, having uptime on boss fight with WM should be easy enough with orb of storms (but so would keeping enfeeble up).

"
Elf_97 wrote:
I wonder if Potency Of The Will notable passive ( increasead skill's duration) if it's really worth for this build?

Because atm i'm lvl 86, didn't take it yet and i'm good without that.

By the way do Shaper of Desolation bypass elemental focus drawback?

Have a nice day

Potency of Will is a major damage increase on longer boss fights, I would definitly recommend taking it by any means.
Shaper of desolation does not bypass elemental focus drawback (as far as I have tested)

"
troler123 wrote:
"
Darsh31 wrote:
Hi. Nice build.

I have one little question :

why do you use controlled destruction (with the beam) instead of elemental focus ?
You win more crit (for elemental overload), buff apply on beam..

I guess u were not going to apply the ignite/freeze/shock effects from shaper desolation? Maybe im wrong?

Plus, the beam also applies burning damage.

I am using elemental focus as you can read in the 2.0 update I have posted (swapped a few gems and ascendancy points around and added vaal lightning trap for shocK).

"
falagar112 wrote:
"
vinco2050 wrote:
I don't know about that
AA is 13% less phys damage/12% less fire damage when standing still
enfeeble is 30% less damage (all) at all times PLUS reduced accuracy, crit chance, and crit multi - aside from hexproof mobs

is there something i'm missing about AA?

No you are not (except that LESS dmg is extremely good) - but you seem to think you have to choose between both, when you can perfectly keep your enfeeble up on top of running AA, either through the lvl 1 cwdt (it procs on getting hit once, really) and/or manually casting an orb of storms on bosses (which also gives you 100% uptime on elemental overload)

Arctic armour is definitly a really strong option for defenses, if you want to run more curses I would recommend running dual curse in CWDT as falagar112 is suggesting with a corrupted +1 neck (or doedre ring etc.).

"
atrofear wrote:
First off, I want to thank you for this amazing build, really solid in both survivability and damage aswell as a really satisfying gameplay.

I was thinking about a suggestion for improvement, I might be thinking badly here, but what about using Empower in a potential 3b 1r link on the whispering ice? Seems to be increasing our damage by a ton aswell as the nice synergy between the +1 lvl for support gems + empower. If you can get your hands on a level 3 empower, then you would get a really nice dmg boost. But you would have to sacrifice life leech or fire pen for that though.

No problem mate, I am glad you enjoy it.
Empower, enlighten and enhance doesn't apply to the icestorm skill in any way. Empower only gives active skills gem level, so only scorching ray would benefit from this gem, which isn't worth giving up any of our other support gems for.
"Empower/Enlighten/Enhance: Due to Icestorm being an innate property on The Whispering Ice, Enhance Support, Enlighten Support, and Empower Support do not affect Icestorm. If socketed, the increased level will apply to the support gems, but the support gems abilities will not affect Icestorm."

Sources:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Icestorm
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Empower_Support

"
Grizzledmoe wrote:
Hi thanks for the guide, it has been very helpful and overall the build has been pretty strong except some breach,s have been a bit too much with mob density and getting stunned alot leading to fast deaths, it seems i need a bit more defense as i head into act 4 merciless it is starting to feel more squishy, of course i have alot of tuning to do yet. I noticed you had over 300 intellect on gear even at 72 on your low budget set,,.getting that much intellect now can be costly when also getting decent ES rolls, currently have around 250 intellect on gear and around 7200 ES with discipline up in hideout but dps looks to be about 1k less than you had at 73 wich is where im at,, however I still havent touched the lab and my staff is only 15% inc intelligence,I wish I had caught that 3% when i bought it 6 socketed, the little things stack up in the end. Ive been using a spell totem that also cast Scorching ray to help with breaches but they are getting quite bit tougher with stuns the last few ive run, losing xp to deaths stings alot when your covering as much ground as your passive tree does.

thx again, ive been planning a WI build since about perandus but never got around to it, cwc seems to work pretty good on the skills i tested with it and i hope to use it in a poison build next.

My early budget gear was a while back, I think I might've been lucky to grab some good pieces before the prices went through the roof, due to the interest in WI and Hand of Wisdom and Action builds.
If you have problem with stuns I would recommend a valyrium untill you get your boot enchants, or if you are building for unwavering stance.

"
sakuranoto wrote:
i love this build so far. made few adjustments but i have few problems with chayula domain and the phys domain. i run out of time. is it even possible to do these in time?

and how did you get chaos dmg on your ice storm in the dps chart. when i press atziris promise nothing change in dps

I am glad you like it! The chaos damage is actually from the flask, I am not sure why you arn't getting the increases on yours, sorry :/.

"
RoyMatsuya wrote:
So I just died earlier after a good two-week long run with this build and I have to say it was pretty crazy. The moment I hit lv 38 I equipped CWC and never looked back. It only took me a couple days to hit 70. Bosses died before they could even get more than one or two attack animations off. I was able to facetank breaches with ease.

My downfall came when I tried taking on a 4-essence mob that became possessed a few seconds into the fight and ripped me a new one. Kudos for the amazing build, will definitely make another one next season. Its very cheap and effective!

I always enjoy hearing good stories from HC players!
May your character rest in peace. It sounds like it met it's end to a mean buffed up essence mob, that I didn't even want to meet myself.
And good luck on your next champ!

@falagaar112

I want to thank you for all the help you have given out while i have been absent. I really appreciate it. I hope you had a great christmas and a happy new year.

Satura/Mathoddie
"
Mathoddie wrote:
@falagaar112

I want to thank you for all the help you have given out while i have been absent. I really appreciate it. I hope you had a great christmas and a happy new year.

Satura/Mathoddie

You're more then welcome :)
Hope your holidays were as amazing as mine!

When you have a little time to play around again, I got my character or public - feel free to have a look and maybe play around a little with your own character, I'm sure it can still be optimized in some ways (both yours and mine!) ;)
"
vinco2050 wrote:
I took some of your advice and respecced my tree to this
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCABzcEFiboY8ar5vfbfsJhXv31ylPTIvAZmZUuJObtYTF7-uhLxslV8lLrhXXhq7K0-wYvop_xtyNgpudrg18X2pfKvbaKjiPRvrSUXRvnodl2VtfsCj6wfOmmevukycdFOw434rQ0EZxGGoabHy7Fy8fx8HFgKRWYyycgsc5UhmKgwnVprUE1AcTNVZILR8sv7QM5CI1uRqPES9YB20ZEQ8OSDrYOw1ca13yGoEzhxekdFUrCpUgLYtV1hGWA-4dvsNtkPqsmGTnEVDvS4RIoqMreKcrRUeP-tgkwzrKSqcIHU_pAuq6d-U=

ive got 46 mana left, enough to cast everything, and i'm very happy with the results

edit: lol i cant cast golems with 4 auras up, gotta drop AA to recast them until i get a cwdt setup for them

Sorry seems I missed your reply :)

You can use an enlighten+blasphemy+warlords mark+discipline in your black sun crest (or any other slot if not using the black sun crest) - it should fix that issue without having to link a lvl 20cwdt+golems (I really dislike that mechanic of resummoning)

Doing that myself got me to 270 unreserved mana, which even allows you to do no regen maps without taking a mana flask - something that is a lot riskier when at <80 mana or whatever you have :)
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
vinco2050 wrote:
I took some of your advice and respecced my tree to this
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCABzcEFiboY8ar5vfbfsJhXv31ylPTIvAZmZUuJObtYTF7-uhLxslV8lLrhXXhq7K0-wYvop_xtyNgpudrg18X2pfKvbaKjiPRvrSUXRvnodl2VtfsCj6wfOmmevukycdFOw434rQ0EZxGGoabHy7Fy8fx8HFgKRWYyycgsc5UhmKgwnVprUE1AcTNVZILR8sv7QM5CI1uRqPES9YB20ZEQ8OSDrYOw1ca13yGoEzhxekdFUrCpUgLYtV1hGWA-4dvsNtkPqsmGTnEVDvS4RIoqMreKcrRUeP-tgkwzrKSqcIHU_pAuq6d-U=

ive got 46 mana left, enough to cast everything, and i'm very happy with the results

edit: lol i cant cast golems with 4 auras up, gotta drop AA to recast them until i get a cwdt setup for them

Sorry seems I missed your reply :)

You can use an enlighten+blasphemy+warlords mark+discipline in your black sun crest (or any other slot if not using the black sun crest) - it should fix that issue without having to link a lvl 20cwdt+golems (I really dislike that mechanic of resummoning)

Doing that myself got me to 270 unreserved mana, which even allows you to do no regen maps without taking a mana flask - something that is a lot riskier when at <80 mana or whatever you have :)

im still on the fence about wearing a black sun crest and taking the es hit (im in HC), but I have considered this. in the process of leveling an enlighten though.
Last edited by vinco2050 on Jan 2, 2017, 5:23:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info