The AH dream is dead.

Absolute BS. Saying trading should require more effort is like saying going to school should require more effort. Because climbing uphill both ways in a blizzard for two hours is better for you. More effort = more learning.

It's a dumb argument.
I don't get you. I can pretty much trivialize the current trading in PoE too. All I am doing is quickly checking the prices of items similar to what I found and then automate the search of what I need so it'll notify me when something appears(and I can take advantage). This is literally all there is, all that I am doing. Is it much smarter than what you were doing in D3? I don't think so, in both systems you can progress with minimal efforts but still the smarter people will make bigger leaps than the rest.
"
vio wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

D3's massive population meant an enormous constant influx of supply with no real item sink and with how few people actually reach endgame in PoE an AH wouldn't have anywhere near the same effect.

don't you think more players in endgame would result in more endgame items on the market.

we now definitely have an oversupply of midgame to early endgame items on day 3 of a new league already where you can't sell a good life+2res item for more than 1 chaos.

Yes but this just proves my point, we already have enough automation in poe.trade to get all the negative effects of an AH. The biggest issue with GGG implementing an AH in game has nothing to do with it being automated or not but instead with moving the market from being a primarily 3rd party site with inherently limited access to it being in game where suddenly a much higher percent of the population would be participating.

That sudden influx of players and their supply is what would cause havoc on the economy not players going from getting items in 45 seconds to a couple minutes to around 15-30 seconds.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

this has been known as fact since at least closed beta......................

We've known GGG's stance on this since closed beta, but people thought if they bother them long enough here and on Reddit, they would cave in. Chris now confirmed they won't. Dream = dead.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Didn't they also say the game wont be pay to win? And then they happily introduced the premium tab change and the currency tab.
How does having more space to store stuff relate to an advantage when your fighting monsters?

Extra tabs are a convenience, not an advantage.

*Nevermind. You're joking, right?
Last edited by iofhua1 on Dec 7, 2016, 12:52:51 PM
Not joking at all. Time = money. Having paid money to greatly reduce the time investment means it is a P2W feature. By the same account Hearthstone is P2W because you can greatly reduce the time investment with money. Unless there is some difference between pay for advantage and pay to win I don't understand?

Anyway the way I see it they refuse the AH because it requires them to pour resources into it. Meanwhile a third party does the trading job for them so they don't really have to lift a finger. And you expect them to suddenly agree to an AH when the current situation makes them more money? HA, they are no fools, the only foolish thing is the thin words they try to hide this behind.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 7, 2016, 12:57:21 PM
when new tabula rasa alt with colors of chris t shirt?
my english sux.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Telling Chris that something is "bullcrap", debating what's a "minority" and a "majority" while puling numbers like "99%+" out of his ass in the same thread, brings up the word "hypocrite" in my mind.

Those numbers are just symbolic to the concept of small minority and massive majority. If any other online gaming, especially and ARPG, is indication of what players want, trading is important. It's only the vocal minority here who don't want an AH, and those are most likely the ones making a killing with the trade system the way it is now, so they don't want the added competition. The casuals either don't care one way or the other, or are in favor of an AH since navigating the market right now takes a time investment.

And yes, I call out Chris on his bullcrap straw man argument about adding a "trivial" AH and sticking to their "roots". If GGG stuck to their roots we'd never have any of the new content or functionality in PoE. Not a hypocrite when it has been and always will be my viewpoint on trading, along with the fact that others will go to great lengths in an attempt to block an AH.

"
vio wrote:
cipher is probably still pissed because of the bugs affecting his league start. don't get me wrong, i would be too. if you miss the first days it really gets hard in the rest of the league.

Meh. Just had some disconnects one day, ok other days. I didn't play Breach immediately at launch. I was more pissed over Chris' 10 year Q&A video about the AH comment than anything else so far.

"
vio wrote:
chris mentioned the 80+ percent of casual gamers, logging in daily to waste some time and sell some stuff.

an auction house would remove the "selling stuff" part and trivialize the "buying part" because mid to early endgame gear would be available for some alteration orbs.

and it's not the ~100 people posting here or the ~1000 regulars people on reddit that pay the monthly salary for the 90+ ggg employees.

Indeed, you nailed it. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
C1111 wrote:
when new tabula rasa alt with colors of chris t shirt?

U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info