The AH dream is dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9kygXtkh10&feature=youtu.be&t=5m52s

And I'm very happy about it. An AH would be a disaster.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last bumped on Dec 17, 2016, 8:46:34 AM
I don't want an AH I want improvements like holy fucking shit give me improvements.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I've never been in favour of any sort of auction house, but as some people would say:
"
"Err nuuurh, we wrrrn't tulkin' lee-tur-ally 'bout no awrk-shun houuuse... iss jerst a trrn of fraays."

And I'm also against offline or automatic trading.

That said, I am very much looking forward to further trade improvements.
The premium stashes are one thing, but they're literally just the first step.
(And of course, premium. Which can be an issue.)
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
An AH would be a disaster.

I wonder why.
"
crystalwitch wrote:

And I'm also against offline or automatic trading.

That said, I am very much looking forward to further trade improvements.
The premium stashes are one thing, but they're literally just the first step.
(And of course, premium. Which can be an issue.)

Yea, further trade improvements that does not solve afkers, players too busy to change league to trade (not all does this, but a decent amount), and the bane of online trading......offline user. I think you are just looking for QoL to what already exists in the premium tabs.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Well, Chris is right. An AH WOULD solve some problems, but it would add a tonne more.

While I think trading in general is good for the game, and that trading should yield an advantage, I think the game is better off by providing more reasons NOT to trade, than to make trading more needed. And AH would do the latter, if not only psychologically.

Yet, if trading becomes automated, more easy and less time consuming, it becomes more required - in this clear speed meta, where everything is supposed to happen as fast as humanly possible.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
If GGG ever does implement an AH, I foresee much lulz.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Xavderion wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9kygXtkh10&feature=youtu.be&t=5m52s

And I'm very happy about it. An AH would be a disaster.

this has been known as fact since at least closed beta......................
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"The AH dream is dead"

I supported for a long time the idea of having an AH i remember long discussion on this forum that helped me to change my opinion about that. ( to make it clear i tested few MMORPG in the mean time to see how it was in practice and i will avoid a binary answer like "good" or "bad" it's not that simple !).

Changed opinion and yeah even if GGG had what it require to create a custom AH for PoE it's just too late.
They started the game with third party because it was cheaper this way. Peoples have their habits with this way. End of story.

Also, Regarding the " trading improvements " becoming years after years a carrot on a stick more than something that will eventualy happen, at this point i wishe trading could be simply removed from the game.

Would solve a lot of issues without creating new !

Trading is already a disaster. No need an AH to achieve that point.
Hf :)
I would much rather GGG get the guys who run poe.trade on board somehow and incorpirate poe.trade within the game itself. It isn't broke so no reason to fix it, We already utilize it for our trading needs, but having to tab out and open countless tabs on the internet in order to trade is a major hassle as well as all trading being done outside the realm of POE itself. Not only would it make it more conviniant it would make it so GGG have control over things like fake listing and such which plauge poe.trade ATM. And the guys running poe.trade can only do so much on their own.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info