The AH dream is dead.

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
People hate on the D3 AH because it lowered drop rates. Meanwhile the drop rates in PoE are so poor you absolutely must trade if you want to get anywhere fast, sometimes even for essential skill gems. Kind of funny to think about it this way.

Also people fail to recognize D3's AH was the way it was because of the massive population D3 had which PoE doesn't. D3's massive population meant an enormous constant influx of supply with no real item sink and with how few people actually reach endgame in PoE an AH wouldn't have anywhere near the same effect.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
They'd much rather spend resources on selling premium stash tabs and currency tabs. Meanwhile blind fanboys have no idea why they are hating on the AH, lol

why do you go full "blind hateboy" mode for them trying to earn a living and being able to pay for the servers and salaries and improve the game?

and how do you want to think they could improve trading involving "public trading stash tabs" without making them pay to win?

no idea?

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

D3's massive population meant an enormous constant influx of supply with no real item sink and with how few people actually reach endgame in PoE an AH wouldn't have anywhere near the same effect.

don't you think more players in endgame would result in more endgame items on the market.

we now definitely have an oversupply of midgame to early endgame items on day 3 of a new league already where you can't sell a good life+2res item for more than 1 chaos.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 7, 2016, 12:12:44 PM
I love the way it is now.

Players who haggle and play the trade game well, come out on top. Those that dont put the effort into it, well, tough beans.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
My collection might be smaller than others but at least I played the game fair and square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I am calling fanboys the guys who hate the AH for no apparent reason.
"
Reinhart wrote:

Players who haggle and play the trade game well, come out on top. Those that dont put the effort into it, well, tough beans.

Ever heard of Diablo 3 AH players? Did you know how many thousands of dollars they made? Oh yes, AH totally doesn't allow for this to happen, haha. See what I mean whey I say fanboys don't even know what they are talking about?
well, let's see how ggg's chinese auction house implementation worked out.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Reinhart wrote:

This.

There won't be haggling if all trades are automated. To haggle or negotiate requires communication. Adding a "9" in a textbox when the price is set at "10" isn't haggling.

Even tho most trades are pretty automated now, all players have to communicate to make a trade go through. And in my eyes, this is a good thing. So again, even tho most trades are automated, there's the CHANCE or ABILITY to change the outcome. There's room for negotiating. There's room for agreeing or disagreeing. There's room for using your words or your brain in your favor.

When we remove those opportunities, we remove the ability to master it. We remove the ability to suck at it. We take away the "unknown".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I am calling fanboys the guys who hate the AH for no apparent reason.

You neglecting to understand their reasons, doesn't make the reasons go away.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
All I am seeing is you struggling to find any good reason for the AH to not be a thing. AH requires brain functions too, you know. It requires you to be smart. All you can put as a counter is that haggling is somehow a requirement for a better economy or whatever. Needlessly complicating things to make them look smarter doesn't work.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 7, 2016, 12:30:24 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
All I am seeing is you struggling to find any good reason for the AH to not be a thing. AH requires brain functions too, you know. It requires you to be smart. All you can put as a counter is that haggling is somehow a requirement for a better economy or whatever. Needlessly complicating things to make them look smarter doesn't work.

No, it doesn't require anything. I made between $700 and $800 on the RMAH in D3. Why? Because I played a lot - and looted a lot of items. I then priced them according to market prices, and they sold. Nothing more to it than that. Was it fun? Not at all. But it was real money. Wasn't going to let that slide, playing a freakin' video game.

Again, just because you disagree with my reasons, doesn't make the reasons go away. You're allowed to disagree. You're welcome to. But undermining them shows arrogance, which is close to the worst threat a human can have.

Trading should require some effort. If you can't put in some effort, or refuse to, well, you fall behind. And that's a good thing. More effort = more sales.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info