[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

If anyone cares, I played around with Deadeye for a while but decided to go back to Raider. It feels just a bit more smooth, I think. I didn't want to drop a flask to have a Quartz and so phasing is just nice to have again. I think getting some blind on a few Abyss jewels would be really smart.

Still, Deadeye boss damage is a straight DPS boost with Rupture.
Last edited by jack_aubrey on Aug 17, 2018, 12:51:21 AM
what bow would you use after chin sol nerf
Hello Nephalim,

I have been a long time fan of your build since 2.6 ( My bookmark is still Arly's 2.6 LA Raider)

I've been playing it on and off with great success, cleared almost all content with it besides HoG,Uber Elder and Breachlords.
My character dies instantly in HoG, also I have never bothered with Breachlords but im sure it's easy.

I have learned quite a bit from your written guide so thank you for that.

But after getting alot of experience with this build it feels like theres still so much im missing.
Barrage can honestly feel quite bad sometimes, either my character completely murders a boss or it does no damage at all, at first I thought it was due to desync so the projectiles do not hit but im quite sure it not that after playing on lockstep.
I even had the Elder Channel Boss out regen my dps with a Cursebot.

Not sure what im doing wrong, from my view you stand as close to the enemy as you can and then press Barrage.
The standing close is also often a problem against hard hitting mobs even with the 6% blind jewel.It's like either I go close to it and do a bit more damage but im almost onehit or im staying at range which makes it live forever to the point where it's not even worth killing anymore.

When I compare myself to you the only major differences I see are +1 Barrage and +1 Arrow. But I had that last league and it still didn't feel good.

Then clearning with a Chin sol is alright but when compared to other stuff it feels also kinda bad and with feels bad I mean it does not kill stuff in 1 hit it takes 2 and even then it leaves stragglers.

Im going to be honest I almost never bother with boot enchants I find running lab torture cba.

So what can I do to improve on those things?
How do you not die on higher tier maps (13+)?
When I die at level 93+ and feels super bad because it takes time to get the exp back and it feels like im not making progres and instead losing it.

Now this is mostly negative stuff but I really enjoy the build just these things above can make it feel really really bad to play and if I could fix them then it'd be perfect.

Here's my gear on this league so far.

Spoiler

Thank you again for the build and I hope you can give me some tips!
"
LightV12 wrote:
Hello Nephalim,

I have been a long time fan of your build since 2.6 ( My bookmark is still Arly's 2.6 LA Raider)

So what can I do to improve on those things?
How do you not die on higher tier maps (13+)?
When I die at level 93+ and feels super bad because it takes time to get the exp back and it feels like im not making progres and instead losing it.

Now this is mostly negative stuff but I really enjoy the build just these things above can make it feel really really bad to play and if I could fix them then it'd be perfect.

Here's my gear on this league so far.

Spoiler

Thank you again for the build and I hope you can give me some tips!

Hey there, the build as a whole handles like a lambo but is still fairly fragile compared to a dedicated melee tank build and does require very high APM vs the hardest maps but the majprity of the time it should be rather easy to steamroll most maps even t15.

Generally, the gap is either a skill based factor when it comes to bosses like guardians or shaper or a gear based factor where you just do not have enough barrage dps to kill threats fast enough for them not to pose any threat.

Specifically in your case, use the updated variant with ice shot and a omen in the winds with anti corrupting blood and switch your ascendancy from avatar of the veil to avatar of the chase as well as take arrow dancing. This will make you almost immune to project attacks and make many encounters (esp syndicte mods) much easier.

There is a tremendous amount of optimization that you can do with your gear as you have a total of 160 overcapped resists that are not doing anything for you outside of ele weak maps where you forget to use your warding flask. Several gear slots could be improved a lot especially your ruby ring. Additionally you really really really really really need to be be using a belt with 16%+ reduced flask charges used. This makes a world of difference in both clear speed and flask dps uptime vs bosses. Also you could divine your chin sol to have a bit better rolls as it currently has almost the worst possible roll albiet its minor dps gain. Barrage helms are also fairly cheap (10-25C) this league and even if your helm had no resists you'd still be max resists. Finally, make sure you are using an upgraded Ryslatha combined with your panicked flask which when you are low on life whill instantly heal nearly all your health. all these changes combined should not cost more than a few stacks of chaos, do upgrade to a belly until your rares are in top notch condition.

There are many smaller details but start with those.
I would strongly suggest using path of building. Here is your PoB code:
https://pastebin.com/3h2my3QW

For reference here is mine:
https://pastebin.com/jNGrQvAa

From a brief glance
Movespeed : life : barrage dps : evasion vs melee : evasion vs projectile:
Your raider: 140 5600 726,000 55% 55%
My raider : 181 5900 2,000,00 50% 88%

Even with this you should be absolutely destroying at least the non boss mobs in even T15 mobs so that is deeply concerning but I am hoping its just a flask upkeep issue. This sounds silly but are you actually using your flasks with nearly 100% uptime during maps?

"
Lanzatron wrote:
what bow would you use after chin sol nerf

I still use it because its still more accessible and common than rare bow but it is a big dps loss from 3.4.

POE 3.7 - legion league

Spoiler

level 80 -14 hours

level 88- 23 hours

level 90 - 27.5 hours, 1 exalt found, 130/159 atlas, day 6, exalt 100c, mirror 58x

level 91, 31.5 hours

level 92, 36 hours - 151/149 atlas - 1 ealt found cummulative

level 92, 40 hours - 153/159 atlas - 1 exalt found cummu

level 93- 61 hours - 156/159 atlas - 6 exalts found

Zerker gear:

level 94 - 103 hours - 15 exalt found

level 94 -119 hours - 19 exalt found

level 94 - 144 hours - 19 exalt found- HH (133 exalt)

level 95- 166 hours - 21 exalts found - dual pride watcher

300 hours

"

free temporary image hosting
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 11, 2019, 9:33:35 PM
Hey, thanks for your reply.

I have updated my gear abit and I think I understand where the problems lie now.

If im using PoB right then I should be alot closer to you than I was before.

Spoiler

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/mDDHg7hk

My raider: 170 5500 920k 51% 89%
Your raider : 181 5900 1,1M 50% 88%

"
Nephalim wrote:
From a brief glance
Your raider: 140 5600 726,000 55% 55%
My raider : 181 5900 2,000,00 50% 88%

Not sure if its a typo but 200,000 or 2,000,000? But then that does also not make sense since your PoB says 1,102,851.
Or am I completely doomed now and you really do more than twice my damage?

I will keep upgrading my stuff further when I have more funds.
"
LightV12 wrote:
Hey, thanks for your reply.

I have updated my gear abit and I think I understand where the problems lie now.

Not sure if its a typo but 200,000 or 2,000,000? But then that does also not make sense since your PoB says 1,102,851.
Or am I completely doomed now and you really do more than twice my damage?

I will keep upgrading my stuff further when I have more funds.

I might have forgotten to check the project range = 10 tab in config but it is about 2 million. Little things here and there like jewel affixes and flat ele damage add up fast but even with the stats you had you should have been obliterating even t15 mobs.

The gear affixes are not random, in fact if you look at my gear throguh out each league you'll find that it converges into a very similar set of affixes per slot. for example, I always put crit multi and accu on amulet and get as much life here as possible and usually put int on helm/boots/amulet as opposed to rings. There is a method to the madness.

3.6 synth league

level 85, 17 hours

Level 90 , 25 hours 49 minutes

level 91- 28 hours 31 minutes - dying sun - 2 exalt found cummulative

level 92 - 33 hours - T10 shaper orb done - 117/159 atlas

level 93- 39 hours - 140/159 atlas

level 93- 41 hours 55 minutes - 142/159 atlas - belly - 2 exalt found cummulative

level 93 - 47 hours- 6 link windripper

level 94- 52 hours - watchers eye- 3 exalt found cummulative

level 94 - 59 hours - guardian and shaper runs

level 94 -80 hours 156/159 atlas

level 95 -91.5 hours 156/159 atlas

105 hours - winter orb

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 23, 2019, 12:43:21 AM
What gear did you use for the lightning arrow speed clears?
"
Nephalim wrote:
I might have forgotten to check the project range = 10 tab in config but it is about 2 million. Little things here and there like jewel affixes and flat ele damage add up fast but even with the stats you had you should have been obliterating even t15 mobs.

The gear affixes are not random, in fact if you look at my gear throguh out each league you'll find that it converges into a very similar set of affixes per slot. for example, I always put crit multi and accu on amulet and get as much life here as possible and usually put int on helm/boots/amulet as opposed to rings. There is a method to the madness.

Oh I see you check close range and then you also set projectile travel distance to 10.
I always thought close range would be sufficient.

And yes I was killing trash mobs without problems it just felt bad when you leave stragglers all the time I don't know its hard to explain.
Could also be because I played BV Inpulsa before.
Or because I was playing LA without pierce.
I have played for a bit today with the somewhat improved gear and skill tree and I felt way better.

I will improve on these things in the next few days when I can.

Anyways thank you

Have a nice day
Any update for 3.7?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info