The Stormcaller Mystery Box

I hate these boxes. They are almost a must buy for supporters these days. The interesting new MTX content within the boxes are released way later (months) or are exclusive to the boxes. A F2P game, with a supporter mindset and then you get to choose rng rewards.

For new guys not too bad since they might not have anything yet, but for those of us who legitimately (as in not from a box) bought items before we are forced to wait again and pay yet again the super-premium for new cosmetics. I got 1/2 of these effects already and I paid more for them than they are now worth in the box.

Daily deals have a value as you need to be active to grab them and to actually get a discount you have to wait quite some time after the cosmetic was released.

More people would hate these if these boxes would not be themed or actually each box would have a fair chance of dropping rewards that were in previous boxes. You know to put them at the same risk as people who bought MTX's outside of the boxes.

It is not only the RNG reward that makes these unlikeable it is a combination of factors that puts certain players and customers at a far more bigger disadvantage than the rest.

Dislikeable features:

1. It is rng there is not always a reward.
2. Cannot do anything with duplicates, no option to sort MTX stash.
3. Regular and old time customers are at a bigger disadvantage.
4. Exclusive content that instead of a premium price forces you in a risk/ reward battle to obtain with no guarantees.
5.1. Heavily discounted MTX's if it is a new MTX. Get them earlier and cheaper than when they are finally released.
5.2. As a regular buyer pay more, wait longer and get shafted with the next mystery box for spending your points in between.
6. It is now far more rewarding to not spend any points at all and wait for the next chest to arrive. To get most out of your points. This way you have the biggest chance on getting the newest and sometimes most exclusive MTX available, for the least amount of points spend.

Solution(s):
1. If you bought an item through the store in a normal fashion, they cannot be dropped in the chest.
2. Add a fair portion of previous box rewards into the current box, such that overtime everyone develops a similar level of hate for these.
3. Mystery box MTX's are all available in the store right when the box is released.
4. Bann all positive results from being shared. This creates buyer’s remorse and gambling addiction.
Does that sound weird? It actually is not, as you already put certain players at a disadvantage, the big advertisements and winners story add to a feeling they are missing out and losing. There is no escaping the big glowing balls in town. It is nice to see my neighbor won, maybe I should also take my chance?

Spoiler
Now for the advice: "well do not participate." I will gladly not participate, but than do not advertise it. The solution just wait and always buy of the market can work. Yet I am being made aware of the time difference and price difference. My purchase will have less value. I would like to say I can ignore it, but society has already formed my mind like this and despite some people on here claiming it does not affect them, I do not believe in superhumans. You are not some super being. You can say on here it does not matter, but the system matters, it matters for several things in your life, suck it up meat bag. For me, since apparently I like to hoard mtx-es in PoE, this matters. The wait, the gamble they are such nasty marketing tricks at some point all these tricks just become unfun and than all MTX will lose value to me.

Too much?

Just take a look at this thread and other box posts before this. People ask what is available after some time, when or how long will it take and at what price will it/ these come? Not playing at that time, but somehow I did not miss some the drama about some smokey black wings becoming available.
Last edited by Ozgwald on Dec 3, 2016, 5:54:32 PM
Thanks GGG! I really like the deals I can get with those boxes. Honestly I don't see nothing greedy with them, since all items will be available in the mall after some time.

My advice is always to avoid them "IF" you only want one or two specific items, otherwise it's a pretty solid deal.

Don't know why so many people complain and even use an aggressive tone in their posts when the mystery boxes are announced (even more when all the content of the boxes will be avaliable for purchase after some time).

These mystery boxes are getting old.... why cant you just release the new mtx and the mystery boxes at the same time.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
As long as the contents of the mystery box is available afterwards, that's fine.

My MTX stash is a f***ing nightmare as it is, and you're inviting me to add x tabs of duplicates to compound the problem?

No ty.

How about doing a box with the older holiday items and packs from 13-14. Throw a bone out, I'd gamble.

"
ShimmyShimmy wrote:
These mystery boxes are getting old.... why cant you just release the new mtx and the mystery boxes at the same time.

^^^ give this man a job.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Last edited by RaiseTheSteaks on Dec 3, 2016, 6:01:29 PM
Storm caller character effect looks sick as shit.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
ok but, why is it bad that there are standard stash tabs in this? i saw someone say it would somehow mess up their stash because they have premium tabs, how?

honest question tbh because i haven't bought stash tabs yet but plan on it
"Purity Ain't Free. The labyrinth of ascendency gotta be litterd with the blood of the faithful. Chitus HUSSEIN perandus is not my emperor. He is blasphemous gommunist and probably karui as well :DD. PURITY and FAITH not malachai and thaumaturgy ok. praise God" - High templar voll, circa 1333
RIP this game's ethical mtx policy
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Book Totem? Thats the coolest mtx ever
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
"
RichMoney wrote:
So, normally I drop thousands of points on the mystery boxes for fun, but not this time.

I will be avoiding this box entirely solely because you've included a regular stash tab. Now, I'm not opposed to tabs being in the boxes, but by giving me a regular tab, I'm forced to either have an odd mix of regular and premium tabs or buy another MTX just to use the lowest value item in this box.

I feel you, and I will not use it. I hope there is a chance to grant this to others.

The rest of the box is nice.

why are people hating on stash tabs? isnt that a good thing? one of the best thing for people is more space.
"
SchwarzeRoseZ wrote:
why are people hating on stash tabs? isnt that a good thing? one of the best thing for people is more space.

Because it gives you a regular tab, but those players prefer to have all premium (colored, editable) tabs, which means they will have to upgrade in case the box gives them a tab. It kinda "ruins" your premium stash looks.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 3, 2016, 6:40:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info