[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin CI Blade Flurry End-Game Build! [HC/SC]

"
Amarantine wrote:
Did you do this build with Bino's or a good rare dagger? I just recently switched to dual scourge and I think the rare dagger version with life leech from items/tree (so we don't have to run warlord's) is superior to dual scourge. It's like 20 ex more expensive though.

I did this build with a Binos. An amazing rare dagger will beat dual Scourge in everything except leech. It'll also cost you an arm and a leg for what you need. The biggest flaw with this build is the dependency on warlord's mark, though, and why I would never play it in hardcore. If you got the leech wheel then we're not comparing the same build. You'd need a LOT of leech on gear if that's how you're surviving. Feel free and post a tree, gear, and maybe a shaper kill video without an Abyssus.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
Last edited by ffhighwind on Jan 11, 2017, 10:55:09 PM
"
ffhighwind wrote:
"
Amarantine wrote:
Did you do this build with Bino's or a good rare dagger? I just recently switched to dual scourge and I think the rare dagger version with life leech from items/tree (so we don't have to run warlord's) is superior to dual scourge. It's like 20 ex more expensive though.

I did this build with a Binos. An amazing rare dagger will beat dual Scourge in everything except leech. It'll also cost you an arm and a leg for what you need. The biggest flaw with this build is the dependency on warlord's mark, though, and why I would never play it in hardcore. If you got the life wheel then we're not comparing the same build. You'd need a LOT of leech on gear if that's how you're surviving. Feel free and post a tree, gear, and maybe a shaper kill video without an Abyssus.

I should've qualified my statement; I've found going a rare+dagger + shield to be superior FOR FARMING T15 MAPS AND BELOW, AND LEVELING UP. I haven't tried Shaper yet, I want to save currency to attempt it since I've never done the fight before. Maybe dual scourge is better for Shaper and Uber Atziri; not sure, haven't tried on either build. I was able to comfortable do all Guardians, T15 maps and below deathless, and farm uber lab with rare dagger+shield though. I'll report back when I attempt uber atziri and shaper.

I agree the biggest flaw is life leech. I haven't been able to get enough leech to facetank yet. With good gear, I think it's feasible to get 2.2%+ life leech without warlord's (0.8% from jewels, 0.4% from gloves, 0.4% from passive, and 0.6%-1.0% from ammy) and without Crown of Eyes. 3.0%+ with Crown of Eyes, but then you can't use Abyssus and get only half the dps (which means halving life leech too).
IGN: OneEyedShadow
Last edited by Amarantine on Jan 11, 2017, 9:03:26 PM
"
Amarantine wrote:
I should've qualified my statement; I've found going a rare+dagger + shield to be superior FOR FARMING T15 MAPS AND BELOW, AND LEVELING UP. I haven't tried Shaper yet, I want to save currency to attempt it since I've never done the fight before. Maybe dual scourge is better for Shaper and Uber Atziri; not sure, haven't tried on either build. I was able to comfortable do all Guardians, T15 maps and below deathless, and farm uber lab with rare dagger+shield though. I'll report back when I attempt uber atziri and shaper.

I agree the biggest flaw is life leech. I haven't been able to get enough leech to facetank yet. With good gear, I think it's feasible to get 2.2%+ life leech without warlord's (0.8% from jewels, 0.4% from gloves, 0.4% from passive, and 0.6%-1.0% from ammy) and without Crown of Eyes. 3.0%+ with Crown of Eyes, but then you can't use Abyssus and get only half the dps (which means halving life leech too).

You're not using a curse with your Scourge setup which is why it feels worse. Use a Witchfire Brew or Blasphemy. I recommend blasphemy for reliability and to use less mana reservation to allow you to use Herald of Ash. Hatred really only makes sense if you use Curse on Hit or some form of auto-curse. Try using a Diamond Flask instead of the Quicksilver or TOH. Sin's Rebirth or Dying Sun are also good options. Binos is 1.4 aps, a rare dagger is at most 1.9 aps, and dual scourge is 1.98 aps. It should feel better to play Scourge from the attack speed and extra leech. Abyssus is a bit overkill for mapping unless you're in a group. It's a great item for speed clearing endgame bosses, though.
Last edited by ffhighwind on Jan 12, 2017, 4:06:12 PM
So I have just hit lvl 86 and feel like I have hit a wall probably for the last couple of levels. Maps is really slow and I feel the dps and survivability lacking. Really relies on warlord mark to get the leech, I got 2 spotted in a t13 map I was doing for fun with friends...

I have read through alot of the content and I think I have picked up a couple of things to help but would love it if I could get a review of my character.

I think the following would help:
-20q gems
-my skills are actually all over the place... I am not sure what the skill set ups should be. Only really slush blade flurry, defense set up and aura set up.
-switch to a shield? Why is the difference between using whirling blades vs shield dash (forgot name) I'm not using shield becuase I feel my dps is low...
-do I need more life leech? I'm running warlords mark aura have about 1p leech from gear and sometimes use blood rage.
Change gloves to get more asap and some flat phys?
That really about it. I run as my auras heard herald of ash, discipline and warlodds mark.
- do I need much more energy shield? I have about 8600 with my deaths hand.
-how important is the void heart? Will it make a significant difference?
-also how important is last ascendancy as I do not have it...

I think that's everything. Confirmation or new suggestions are much appreciated. If mathil could kill shaper don't see why I can't.
What jewels should i be looking for after the energy from within? I see the order he has listed, but I wanted to see specific ones that people were using? Great guide and still going through the pages for more info.
"
kNarf_ wrote:
So I have just hit lvl 86 and feel like I have hit a wall probably for the last couple of levels. Maps is really slow and I feel the dps and survivability lacking. Really relies on warlord mark to get the leech, I got 2 spotted in a t13 map I was doing for fun with friends...
I think that's everything. Confirmation or new suggestions are much appreciated. If mathil could kill shaper don't see why I can't.

Your profile isn't public. You need to link your gear or open your profile up.

Voidheart will help with endgame bosses and quite a bit if you're using a Binos because it acts similarly to Herald of Ash. It's not necessary but it helps. Your damage is lacking because you probably aren't running dual curse with Vulnerability. Binos still isn't amazing dps but it's good enough for solo play up to T15. The last ascendancy is very important. 8500 ES is fine as long as you're using your flasks constantly. Lion's Roar gives you some armor, so if it's not up even normal enemies will hurt a lot.
Last edited by ffhighwind on Jan 12, 2017, 4:09:46 PM
"
phocas99 wrote:
What jewels should i be looking for after the energy from within? I see the order he has listed, but I wanted to see specific ones that people were using? Great guide and still going through the pages for more info.

This is the order I would prioritize stats on gems. I haven't done the math to be sure, though.

Major:
energy shield (6-8%), area damage (10-12%), damage (8-10%), crit multi (12-18%), attack speed (2-8%), mana/life leech (0.2-0.4%), physical damage (12-16%), chaos damage (9-13%)

Minor:
strength, resistances, dexterity
Last edited by ffhighwind on Jan 12, 2017, 4:49:31 PM
Changed my profile to public. Sorry didn't know it was set to private.

Also 1 individual mentioned that changing to your build gave more Es and bf what is bf and where can I see your build.

Thanks.
"
kNarf_ wrote:
Changed my profile to public. Sorry didn't know it was set to private.

Also 1 individual mentioned that changing to your build gave more Es and bf what is bf and where can I see your build.

Thanks.

BF means blade flurry. You can't see my build anymore as I've respeced. I think the quote you're mentioning is a couple pages back. The main changes I made were using Chayula instead of Kiara's and CWDT PCOC Firestorm instead of a totem. PCOC Firestorm isn't necessary with a Death's Hand.

1. You don't have stun immunity. Get a Valyrium or Chayula. Kiara's and Skyforths are also options but I don't recommend them.
2. Your Witchfire Brew is doing nothing for you since you don't have dual curse. Getting the dual curse node would greatly boost your damage.
3. Diamond Flask on the Binos build is not worth it. You should already be over 90% crit and if you're too high then your power charges will drop without a PCOC setup.
4. You're missing a power charge by Witch.
5. Blood Drinker and Mind Drinker are also wasted points. If you need more leech get it on your jewels, gloves, and jewelry.
6. Your jewelry needs to be upgraded.
7. You still need uber labs.
Last edited by ffhighwind on Jan 12, 2017, 11:43:42 PM
Is it worth it to change my gloves to get accuracy, aspd or flat phys?

As a start I can get rid of energy shield roll currently on there +21 Es? That is around 400 Es I think from my pool. If I did that which stat do you recommend I pick up.

Also what would you suggest I upgrade specifically with my jewelry. I thought my jewelry was ok for now so specific things I am looking for would help.

Thanks.
Last edited by kNarf_ on Jan 12, 2017, 8:21:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info