[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin CI Blade Flurry End-Game Build! [HC/SC]

Video Guide: Path of Exile 2.5: Blade Flurry CI Assassin - Dagger & Shield Style!

Watch this short build video. It will show you how the build performs in high tier maps and explain the core mechanics of the build!

If you have any questions about the build come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:

Lifting's Twitch Live Stream Channel

Strengths and Weaknesses of the build

Strengths:

- Awesome damage due to high amounts of crit multiplier, poison and bleed scaling!
- Effective, safe and fast in even the hardest content the game can provide, including tier 15+ maps, Uber Lab, Guardians, Uber Atziri & maybe even Shaper (haven't killed him yet)
- Viable for both hardcore and softcore gameplay.

Weaknesses:

- Some of the unique items recommended for the build can be expensive to obtain.
- Transitioning into CI can be confusing and requires general game knowledge about energy shield gear and how to use it properly.
- Can't do Hexproof maps.
- Some bosses are immune to poison and bleed. That said I have still managed to kill them despite that.

Build mechanic introduction:

Defences:

- The final build has about 302% increased maximum energy shield and 15% "more" energy shield from the skill-tree.
- Large energy shield pool will prevent one-shots.
- Immune to chaos damage.
- Almost instant life leech, meaning you are typically able to out-leech incoming damage, even from most bosses.
- 5 utility flasks all granting anything from curse, freeze, and stun immunity, while also allowing you to blind nearby enemies (if you use a stibnite) and greatly reduce incoming physical damage.

Reflect Damage

Single reflect mobs and elemental reflect maps are safe. I'd advice to stay away from physical reflect maps. It can be done, but it is sketchy.

Why the Assassin?

- Access to all the basic skill-gems required, making the leveling experience much smoother.
- Free power charge generation via Unstable Infusion.
- Deadly Infusion grants tons of crit chance and multiplier, making it much cheaper and easier to gear compared to other ascendancy classes.
- The assassin can effectively and reliably apply bleeds and poison when paired with Voidheart ring.

Skill-gems and setups:

Damage setup:

- Blade Flurry, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, Inc. Area of Effect, Melee Damage on Full Life (5-link) & Critical Hit Damage (6-link) <-- This is the link priority.

Note: For bosses add in Concentrated Effect instead of Inc. AoE.

2nd Damage setup:

- Ancestral Warchief, Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks & Conc. Effect

Note: this setup also boots the damage of your Blade Flurry attack when the totem is up.

Defensive Utility Setup 1:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9), Immortal Call (lvl 11), Summon Ice Golem (lvl 11), & Vortex (level 12)

Curse and Aura Setup:

With Heretics Veil:

- Warlord's Mark, Vulnerability, Discipline and & Enlighten (level 2-3+)

Without Heretics Veil:

- Blasphemy, Warlords Mark, Herald of Ash & Discipline

To have enough mana to use Blade Flurry when all auras are activated you will need the -4% mana reservation node near CI and Deep Thoughts near the witch.

Mobility & Utility:

- Shield Charge, Faster Attacks & Fortify

Vaal Skills:

Vaal Discipline, Vaal Haste & Increased Duration.

Skill-trees & Ascendancy classes:

Ascendancy Class: The Assassin

Note 1: Only if you have an Enlighten gem level 2-3+ should you spec out of the -4 mana reservation node near CI.

Note 2: That if you at any point need strength or dexterity, simply pick up the 30+ notables in the skill-tree and spec out of them later when you are able to cover these requirements via gear.

Note 3: Remember to spec out of the various life nodes once you transition into CI. Keep the Melding Cluster and Written in blood as shown in the final skill-tree.

Leveling Tips:

1-12: Fire Trap + Freezing Pulse
12-28: Blade Vortex
28+: Blade Flurry

Bandit Quest Rewards:

- Normal : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Merciless: Help Alira for +1 to maximum power charges.

Gearing and stat priorities:

Defensive affixes, in priority:

1. Energy Shield
2. Elemental Resistances (75% on Merciless)

Note: Try to get at least 250 ES on your chest, shield and helmet.

Offensive affixes, in priority:

1. Flat Physical Damage
2. Inc. Attack Speed
3. Inc. Critical Strike Chance Multiplier%

My Current Gear:
Spoiler

Jewels:

- Inc. Maximum Energy Shield%
- Inc. Crit. Multiplier%
- Inc. Physical Damage%
- Inc. Area Damage%
- Inc. Elemental Resistances & Attributes if you have a hard time getting it on your gear.

Flasks:

- 1x Surgeon's Silver Flask of Staunching.
- 1x Atziri's Promise
- 1x Taste of Hate.
- 1x Kiara's Determination.
- 1x Lion's Roar

Note 1: Until you can afford a Taste of Hate I'd recommend using a Surgeon's Granite Flask of Iron Skin.

Note 2: Before you get a Kiara's Determination make sure to have a freeze remove flask.

Recommended unique items, in priority:

Flask: Kiara's Determination (to prevent stuns and curses)

Spoiler

Ring: Voidheart

Spoiler

Jewel: 1x Energy From Within

Spoiler

Helmet: Heretic's Veil

Spoiler

Flask: Atziri's Promise

Spoiler

Flask: Lion's Roar

Spoiler

Flask: Taste of Hate

Spoiler

Outro:

Make sure to watch the video guide to see some actual gameplay of how the build performs as well as to get a better explanation of how it works!

Video Guide: Path of Exile 2.5: Blade Flurry CI Assassin - Dagger & Shield Style!

Check out my other build guides for 2.5

- 2.5 Tanky Cyclone Champion/Juggernaut [HC/SC]

- 2.5 Ultimate Beginner's Flame Totem Chieftain [HC/SC]

- 2.5 Earthquake Champion/Juggernaut/Slayer [HC/SC]

Stay safe!

#DoYouEvenNerd
Lifting
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 2, 2016, 11:04:00 AM
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2017, 6:37:42 AM
Reserved! :)
Good Job Lifting! Good build as usual :D
I've always wanted to make a CI character but I don't have much faith in my ability to generate enough currencies to really make it work.
Thx bro , good build
Is that the wrong gears showcased?
Hi,

Your gear is your gear for your build BV & your skill tree 115 points is empty :)

Fixed missing skill-tree and I had accidentally linked my BV characters gear. It has now been fixed too :)
How anyone can rely on Kiaras flask for stun on anything but pathfinder boggles my mind.

One drink flask with 2 seconds? No thanks. Chayula still king. Played with valyrium lots. It sucks.
hey lifting, loved your BV build.
For this build i would like to ask if for the 2nd bandits: shouldn't it be better to pick to 8% faster attack speed instead of the +1 skill point? just wondering
have a great day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info