[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin CI Blade Flurry End-Game Build! [HC/SC]

"
nuzebel wrote:
I dunno what im doing wrong. i do 0 damage with the buildon a 5l.

From a quick glance at your profile, you are scaling ele/phys/chaos and not focus enough on a group. Thats the problem.
"
ffhighwind wrote:
"
dro0p wrote:
So I was using another (similar) BF build. But I was having doubts about his skill tree. So I ended up here and I liked the gems a bit better and the skill tree looked cleaner and overall better.

So I made the adjustments to transition to this build.

Now I have everything completed, and i'm wondering what I'm missing.

Your build has HUGE issues.
1. You don't have stun immunity. Use Kiara's, Chayula's, or Valyrium
2. You don't have freeze immunity. Use Freeze immunity Stibnite instead of Rumis's.
3. You don't have double curse so you're not getting both Vulnerability/Warlords. Most of your leech is coming from Atziri's Flask. Use Herald of Ash instead of a curse and run low tier maps until you get double curse.
4. You don't have a CWDT IC setup. Maybe it was in your boots? It's pretty much required for reflect.

Other notes:
1. Drop the 20% crit node by Asassination as it's worse than the nodes by Nightstriker. Pick up the power charge by Witch instead since you get way more out of it due to Deadly Infusion ascendancy.
2. Rumis is not very useful to this build and it got nerfed.
3. Don't listen to Artwebb1986. Diamond flask is a waste for Assassin builds. I'm at 95% crit chance without it.
4. Consider using PCOC + Orb of Storms to keep power charges up.

First of all, ty for taking the time to look into this. At first sight this was the problem, I will do some more testruns.
I now have a Kiara's. and I respecced a little bit to get the extra curse.
It still feels slower then my previous build, but that's due to a little less attck speed and not having blood rage anymore I guess.
With slower I mean how fast BF attacks, not the clearspeed.
I will test some more on higher maps to see.

thanks again for the clear answers.
"
dro0p wrote:
First of all, ty for taking the time to look into this. At first sight this was the problem, I will do some more testruns.
It still feels slower then my previous build, but that's due to a little less attck speed and not having blood rage anymore I guess.

You can still use Blood Rage but you will have to put it in your weapon or shield and weapon swap to disable it from time to time. Life builds don't have this issue since they can flask through downtime.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
"
nuzebel wrote:

Your necklace, boots, belt, and gloves are awful. They look self found. Go buy some gear.

You're using a life flask for some reason... Swap that for an anti-freeze Stibnite. You don't have CWDT IC. You don't have Vaal Haste. You don't have double curse. Use Herald of Ash instead of Warlord's Mark for now since you can't use both curses. I doubt you're resistance capped... maybe with your flask up. Consider using PCOC Orb of Storms to keep your power charges up. Mings is questionable, especially because I doubt you're resistance capped.
Last edited by ffhighwind on Dec 19, 2016, 9:48:03 AM
"
nuzebel wrote:

Well pretty much what ffhighwind said;
your biggest problem is, you have no accuracy on your gear, therefore u miss alot and dont deal damage
try to get at least 600 flat accuracy on your gear
Last edited by Jygallak on Dec 19, 2016, 1:41:32 PM
Great build! At least, I'm having fun with it!

I'm currently lvl 92, and would like to be able to take down Gaurdians + Shaper. I'm not sure if I'm geared enough to do it. Here's my tree/gear:

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAV9Bx4HmQ18DkgOXA-rD8QQkhEPES8RUBGWFdcV7RaqFr8YahslIuoi9CSLJ6kqCyo4KwosvyzhLVUyMjW5OVI7DTt8PV890UV-RwZJUUmxS65MjkyzUlNUvVZjVvVYB1nwXEBca13yX2pjQ2qMavpsC20ZbWxwUnX9d_1943_GhEiEb4SihMWGrowLjoqP-pAbkyeVLpaLl5WX0Jf0m6GbtaEvoqOi2acrrGasmLDYtAy1SLjKuT65fLxvvorDOsNtyBTK09Af0NDVudfP2HbZW9mG227b1OLV6QLquutj7BjssO1B74jv6_DV8uH1b_fX-Tc=?accountName=Amarantine&characterName=Breecharoo

Gear:
Spoiler

Any recommendations for upgrades that will allow me to take down Guardians + Shaper?

Just got this enchant from Uber lab. Worth using, or just roll over it? A bit more leech seems OK.
IGN: OneEyedShadow
Last edited by Amarantine on Dec 19, 2016, 6:56:14 PM
"
ffhighwind wrote:
"
dro0p wrote:

You can still use Blood Rage but you will have to put it in your weapon or shield and weapon swap to disable it from time to time. Life builds don't have this issue since they can flask through downtime.

Well I did some more extensive testing.. and now it's way better then my previous build lol..

It's weird because I only changed the passives a little bit so I could get the 2nd curse but this seemed to make a world of difference. The kiara's also ofc when I use it, but even when I'm not popping flasks it's waaay better now.

1) My defense seems better. Getting less spikey damage. Where I was getting spikey dmg and surprise deaths with my previous build in T8/9 on harder packs I am now plowing through T10 as if it was nothing.

2) what I don't understand is that I had 5.2k average dps on my previous build whe nI hovered over the skill. And now only 3k but the damage is at least the same or I think even better. (this is when i'm standing in my HO with aura's on.)

3) I have no clue how this had such a massive impact with these little changes...

4) the vaal haste/discipline. I'm not too sure about. I understand the dmg boost ofc.. but I don't use it that often at the moment. I plow through everything without using these often. Especially the discipline .. Having a ES boost for a couple of seconds.. I don't really see the point. Maybe at harder content, the big bosses.. But I haven't done those yet. So can't say.
"
dro0p wrote:
the vaal haste/discipline. I'm not too sure about. I understand the dmg boost ofc.. but I don't use it that often at the moment. I plow through everything without using these often. Especially the discipline .. Having a ES boost for a couple of seconds.. I don't really see the point. Maybe at harder content, the big bosses.. But I haven't done those yet. So can't say.

1. Vaal Discipline is for some bonus health/healing and it works on the whole party. It doesn't last very long so use it like a life flask. I think it's best for builds that don't run leech or supports. Examples include summoners, totems, aurabots, cursers, trappers, caustic arrow, essence drain, etc. I personally wouldn't use it for this build except maybe in hardcore.

2. Vaal Lightning Trap is good for difficult enemies because you deal 50% more damage due to shocked ground. It's only good if you don't kill something quickly and it doesn't move around. The traps can die as they're being placed so it can be more hassle than it's worth. You get three of them to place at a time so normally it's best to just throw them all and hope one sticks. I haven't considered using them in mapping but it could be very useful for guardians, Uber Atziri, Uber Izar, Shaper, etc.

3. Vaal Haste is for everything. I use it in every build because it's just that good. Use it on cooldown and it will help you clear 25% faster and safer.
Last edited by ffhighwind on Dec 20, 2016, 4:02:32 AM
Just quick questions:
1. I'm leveling this and done 60 skillpoints tree from leveling section, what i should focus now at 105 skillpoint tree first? Until i switch to CI, which i assume i'm going to make somewhere after dread lake at 70-75,
2. Node for 2nd curse isnt on that 105 tree, does it mean, that we take double curse only late game on higher tier maps?
"
Amarantine wrote:

Any recommendations for upgrades that will allow me to take down Guardians + Shaper?

Just got this enchant from Uber lab. Worth using, or just roll over it? A bit more leech seems OK.

I too, am wondering about this helm enchant. Worth keeping or roll over, as I got the same one last night. I'm not certain I'm accounting for everything, but 30% more effectiveness on a 2% leech means .6% more mana/life leech, along with a bit more chance to stun. Obviously Blade Flurry mods would be better but does anyone have any input?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info