@GGG - Could someone explain why Mjolner is having its cooldown increased? [new 2.6 changes :P]

"
BestMageKR wrote:
Because this item is bad for the game Kappa

If you dont like it it doesn't mean is bad for the game LOL

NERF Mjolner and Malice becase they cant optimize their engine this is really stutid
"
SerenaDrake wrote:
"
BestMageKR wrote:
Because this item is bad for the game Kappa

If you dont like it it doesn't mean is bad for the game LOL

NERF Mjolner and Malice becase they cant optimize their engine this is really stutid

Looks like GGG doesn't like it , so it must be bad for the game like I said .
Bump, having some explanations would be awesome.

Mjolner is weaker in every way compared to copri, shy not just give it something to compensate the non crit base and the stat requirement? In 2.4 mjolner builds where in an OK spot, now we have overpriced builds of trash uniques that can barely run maps.
Bump!
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I'll add my 2c here rather than make a new thread... This patch is making me seriously consider quitting for good.

This Mjolner nerf has thoroughly pissed me off. It cannot be overstated. I don't visit the forums much. I don't follow meta. Half the time I don't even know what IS meta any given month. And ever since I started playing PoE a few years ago, I have set out to make a tank build of my own. I have tested many things. I have completely redone the build multiple times. I have sunk more time and currency into this build than I have anything else. And about a year ago I got my hands on a non legacy Mjolner and redid the build again.

Patch 2.4 actually didn't hurt me very much at all. In a way, I find the 2.4 changes to be reasonable (other than the fact that the changes were a giant "%$&# you!" to people who had put so much time into obtaining a legacy Mjolner). But I finally did it. As of just a couple months ago, my tank is finally done. It cannot get any better than this without a ridiculous amount of ex being thrown into GG gear. My abstinence from playing temp leagues, my lack of currency savings, and all that time and effort and testing over the years finally payed off. Of course, I've done other great builds in the meantime. I've made an aurabot with 8 auras, 3 curses, shouts, and charges that you can put together for just 45 chaos. I've theorycrafted ele hit and Goddess Unleashed. But what I've been most proud of is that my tank was done, and it was so damn good for what it was. Double reflect, temp chains, desecrated ground, etc, double boss Overgrown Ruin with nasty Sextant mods on top of that? That was cakewalk for my build, it was just slow getting through it.

And GGG just shat on all that work. It's dmg went from pathetically low to basically non-existent. The whole point of Mjolner in the build was only to make it viable at clearing maps AT ALL. And it just got hit with a 60% dmg nerf.

GGG, this is how you get one of your most passionate fans to rage quit. This is how you make me stop playing what I used to call the most brilliant game ever made. This is how you piss people off: you destroy what they care about. I really don't care what your reasoning is. Mjolnir is not OP at all as of 2.4. And I don't buy that BS argument about it being too hard on the servers when, at the same time, you release stuff like Malice and other stuff like Ball Lightning hits the servers just as hard, if not harder. You want to lower the procs per second? Fine. But I expect to see a MASSIVE boost to spell dmg via Mjolner if you're going to play it like that. So until you fix this mess.... I think I'll go find some other dungeon crawler made by a dev team who has a clue.
"
StDrakeX wrote:

Case closed.
"
Apocalich wrote:
"
StDrakeX wrote:

Case closed.

That's a cospris not a mjolner.
"
RoseAndThorn wrote:
I'll add my 2c here rather than make a new thread... This patch is making me seriously consider quitting for good.

Same here. i was considering playing Breach but coming with these nerfs GGG killed my motivation to do so. I wasn't even planning to play a mjölner build at all. Point is, i'm never playing races, i mostly play temporary leagues, my real home being Standard league, where i'm building my wealth by playing temporary leagues.

I started Poe playing on Warbands and since, i grinded gear (yeah GGG it's about grinding gear u know), the main point being for me building some wealth, and then being able to try and play decent builds on Standard league. Many builds are gear dependant/enabled, and the enabling items can be very expensive.

It's the second time GGG litterally destroys one of my builds, first was my Chaos Incinerate witch, wich was lovely to play with, and was pretty expensive to setup gear for. It was that much nerfed to the ground that it was litteraly rendered non-viable for endgame content and the gear became trash tier you couldn't get back even 1/10 of the currency i've spend to afford it.

In Talisman i've built my juggernaut/Mjoner/Discharge ((Mjolner Romira's Voll's Devo Kingsguard Discharge like Op) wich i was happy with, lvl 93, even though it was already very average at single target bosses, it was simply one of the most pleasant and fun thing i played since i started with this game. Tanky, manly, full colored explosions vaporizing creeps, yay.

And now it's litterally rendered useless by this nerf, when it wasn't even near overpowered. when you compare it to BF or BV builds it was actually properly challenging to play vs endgame content as mjolner/discharge after 2.4.

Besides the fact it was fun to play, the worst part isn't really losing a build, bust moreover destroying the *wealth* built with hard earned currency thru hundreds hours of playtime. Rendering hard earned gear worthless. Jesus GGG, your company name even is "Grinding Gear". So yeah, the main point for me playing this type of game is grinding gear and building a freaking wealth. If you come by removing from me everything i've built in hundred hours without the ability to replace it or get currency/wealth back, you are litterally removing from me the main incentive to play this game.
Why would i play BF or BV or any other 'meta' build now to grind more currency and new gear, when i can't trust GGG anymore because in 2.6 all that stuff may just become worthless, and i'd see myself back to the poor peon state again ?

I see it as disrespect from the GGG team towards me and his playerbase, and against the main concept and incentives of playing an arpg's game.

Now really hesitating to start playing Breach league. Probably back to Overwatch and then waiting for Lost Ark or another ARPG wich hopefully rewards my time invested. This is disheartening. Destroying builds is not balancing, GGG.

It's not Grinding Gear Games, it's Gambling Gear Games, and i'm not a Gambler.
Grinding <> Gambling.

Happilly i didn't blowed money for the new Discharge mtx.

Jorune *out*.
Last edited by Jorune on Dec 4, 2016, 3:31:34 AM
Mjolner and Cospri's were in the same boat , nerfs had to be applied .
"
BestMageKR wrote:
Mjolner and Cospri's were in the same boat , nerfs had to be applied .

Nope, If you say that, you probably don't have any of them.

Cospris is a lot better than mjolner. Mjolner after the 2.4 nerf was regular.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info