@GGG - Could someone explain why Mjolner is having its cooldown increased? [new 2.6 changes :P]

All I can think is that Mjolner used some of the same cast code as Cospiri's and they couldn't be bothered separating the two.

If the servers can't handle 10 casts a second then why not also address cast speed and spell echo? Or shock, horror, get better servers? Seems lopsided. Certainly difficult to understand for someone sitting outside the development circle.

Mjolner is horribly broken now. I'll be very impressed if someone comes up with a viable build this league.

My vote is for the weapon to be reworked entirely. I was surprised when it was released that it didn't have a throw and return mechanic. Let's forget this auto-cast nightmare and have an entirely new concept, worthy of its name.

As for server lag, Ball Lightning causes just as much if not more lag than Mjolner does (esp with GMP, and/or crit).

You've got a bunch of projectiles hitting everything around them 5x per second.
This is going to be the way to trigger Fire Burst (Essence of Insanity) in 2.5 for fastest hitrate possible.

Still no word from any GGG person about why Mjolner was changed :(
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Yeah, an answer on that question from some GGG developer would be helpful. They made performance improvements and already introduced a cooldown. Mjolner damage already was ridiculous bad, now they gutted this item completely IMHO. Similar for Cospris - it's single target damage already was far away from being Tier 1 compared to other builds, though it's AoE clearing was superiour to Mjolner - but 0,25 seconds cooldown seems to be too high, I feel quite bad about this... I would prefer a damage reduction and letting the 100ms cooldown live.

GGG, give us some informations on that nerf please...
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
Last edited by Noooberino on Dec 1, 2016, 8:57:32 AM
The server performance argument is getting old in my opinion. We can discharge ten times a second but other builds can also hit 10 casts or attacks per second.

When I see physical builds open a chest and attack the spawning mobs it laggs as much as Mjölner did back in 2.3.

I'd love to get an official reply by GGG on this matter as ~40k dps for a hyper-endgame build is laughable and not even map viable.
"
Grievous10 wrote:
The server performance argument is getting old in my opinion. We can discharge ten times a second but other builds can also hit 10 casts or attacks per second.

When I see physical builds open a chest and attack the spawning mobs it laggs as much as Mjölner did back in 2.3.

I'd love to get an official reply by GGG on this matter as ~40k dps for a hyper-endgame build is laughable and not even map viable.

I guess they just want us to stop using it.

Since they can't delete it, just nerf to the ground and players will be happy, cause it's still there.

The problem is that mjolner has such high requirements that discharge with it will become useless even for the low tier leveling. At least the other 90% useless skills can be used to level up till you hit the wall.

I'll miss the explosions and all those particles. </3
"
SupaMF wrote:

I guess they just want us to stop using it.

Since they can't delete it, just nerf to the ground and players will be happy, cause it's still there.

The problem is that mjolner has such high requirements that discharge with it will become useless even for the low tier leveling. At least the other 90% useless skills can be used to level up till you hit the wall.

I'll miss the explosions and all those particles. </3

I doubt one can use any other skill with Mjölner. If we remember Mathil's Mjölner Arc and that was pre 2.4 he dealt laughable damage compared to Discharge.
Also Mjölner builds can't ever survive without the Kingsguard sustain.

But as you said they don't intend it to be used anymore.

RIP the Mjölner. It gave me the most fun I ever had in this game but now that I see it leaving with many other fun builds I doubt I can continue playing.
"
SupaMF wrote:

If this is GGGs approach to Mjolner/CoC/Cospri's than I really have to ask them if they are still sane... they released Cospri's Malice with 2.4. If they want these mechanics to disappear or to be unusable for endgame content they should at least be so honest and tell us their opinion instead of letting trigger-items/CoC die that way. That would be kind of unworthy...
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
"
Noooberino wrote:
"
SupaMF wrote:

If this is GGGs approach to Mjolner/CoC/Cospri's than I really have to ask them if they are still sane... they released Cospri's Malice with 2.4. If they want these mechanics to disappear or to be unusable for endgame content they should at least be so honest and tell us their opinion instead of letting trigger-items/CoC die that way. That would be kind of unworthy...

That's what I said yesterday somewhere

- They had mjolner, then nerfed it a lot and after that added Cospris that is even better.

That's the reason I said that makes no sense to add stuff without testing and then adding another that is just like the past mistake.

XD

It's like "oh, we've made a mistake" ... "let's do it again!" -

and now they will add the cast/trigger while channeling. GG

Last edited by SupaMF on Dec 1, 2016, 12:39:54 PM
"
SupaMF wrote:
It's like "oh, we've made a mistake" ... "let's do it again!" -

and now they will add the cast/trigger while channeling. GG

Yeah, kind of weird. At least I don't get it at all...
Bump for explanation and/or reversion of change.

One can always hope.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info