@GGG - Could someone explain why Mjolner is having its cooldown increased? [new 2.6 changes :P]

Are you flirting with me?
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
BestMageKR wrote:
They should just reduce both weapon procs to be in line with Cast on Crit to 500 or even 600 ms .

Edit : Be greatful that is 250 instead of 600 .

It's not going to work with 250 so there's no difference between that and 600. It just won't work at all on high level content.

"
sidtherat wrote:
well

anyone asking why Cospri's got nerfed is just simply dishonest. this stuff was and is broken. whats more interesting: it will most likely be still the best way of playing 'attack builds' (you know, using a weapon). 250 is still less than 500

mjolnr is harder to build but again - pretty damn strong. sure some snowflake builds got shafted but it is the top end that ggg has to care about (otherwise game gets riddiculed around the net and no game company likes that, it doesnt make money)

My question is more about Mjolner. I could understand why they would want to nerf Cospri's. It could clear a shaped strand in 30 s, so now that will be more like 1:15.

Cospri's, as it is a crit weapon, can much easier scale crit and spell crit and crit multi than a Mjolner build can. It does far more damage.

Mjolner is not going to be pretty darn strong. It's going to clear extremely slowly versus 2.4 which was workable, and single target is going to be extremely bad.

"
Grievous10 wrote:
This nerf broke Mjölner. No reason to play it in 2.5. Even a simple blocker character will deal double or triple its damage now.

RIP.

Yep.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Sure_K4y wrote:

Possibly

As for the thread mjolner is basically worthless now it wasn't even doing well in the first place lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
agreed, mjolnr nerf is.. questionable. im sure it wont kill it (ofc people seeking uber-meta-fotm builds will drop it) but it will be far less effective

if i was to try and revert this change id detach it from the Cospri's case. this one is pretty obvious and by connecting these two you simply ruined your case (mjolnr)

note: the entire 'cast on' is a disease hurting this game since 1.0
"
"
Sure_K4y wrote:

Possibly

If that's the case you better be as much into women as I am, aaaand cutting my hair for a start might be rushing things a liiittle bit.

"
As for the thread mjolner is basically worthless now it wasn't even doing well in the first place lol

Doesn't take long to realize this. Though, some people basically loved lots of explosions, even if they were pretty shitty explosions... Like, it's shit, pink and purple shit, but still... To be fair, prior to all the proc-rate shenanigans, people killed uber Atziri with mjolner builds. I'll let others decide how much a feat that actually is. On the other other hand there was the slideshow syndrome which was a nuisance, especially when seeing a mjolner build going up against the old dry peninsula boss. I wouldn't be suprised if that spammy nature of these two items were also a reason for the proc-rate nerf. I'd be OK with people doing decent damage based off of triggers, but having these guys in a party is insufferable.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
If we look closely to Mjölner we can see multiple weaknesses which Cospri's Malice or CoC do not have.

1. Mjölner needs a whooping 412 Strength and 300 Intelligence, though intelligence is easy to come by for the right side of the tree strength is not. This makes Mjölner ineffective on the right side of the tree which is crit and as we all know crit is used to scale damage heavily.
The stat requirements cause very Mjölner build to look somewhat the same with some exceptions which is bad and force you to travel through the left side.

2. Mjölner is a facetank build, if you can't facetank a mob you will die. With just 4 discharges per second our Kingsguard sustain will drop heavily thus making it very hard to challenge specific bosses and general survivability will be bad compared to other builds that use leech.

3. As already stated in point 1, Mjölner is incapable of going full crit thus losing lots of potential damage. And the stat requirements make it hard to pick up necessary damage nodes to further increase spell damage.

4. The surgeon nerf makes it even harder for Mjölner to facetank which is another strike at Mjölner.

5. Mjölner's stats are bad. 1,15 attack speed Vs Cospri's possible 1,82. The only useful stat on Mjölner is +1 chain for Arc, no other stat (besides the cast on hit affix) has any relevance for damage.

6. Mjölner is a life build. CI/LL being in meta Mjölner falls short there once again. Though I agree that there are LL variants but these usually fall short in terms of ES pool as well. Besides this their sustain is not as good as that of life-based Mjölner builds.

In conclusion Mjölner will have insane trouble with both damage and survivability in 2.5 and the dps will be approximately ~40,000 dps with a well-geared character. A value that is in the current state of the game terrible and not viable.
"
sidtherat wrote:
agreed, mjolnr nerf is.. questionable. im sure it wont kill it (ofc people seeking uber-meta-fotm builds will drop it) but it will be far less effective

if i was to try and revert this change id detach it from the Cospri's case. this one is pretty obvious and by connecting these two you simply ruined your case (mjolnr)

note: the entire 'cast on' is a disease hurting this game since 1.0

Agreed. I dropped that from the OP.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I posted in the other thread but i think i can explain why GGG have done this.

Personally after the changes from 2.3 i had never trouble again with invulerable totems/enemies from chests while triggering explosions there - so it cant be that it was server traffic like it was the case in 2.3.

Basically they decide on personal matter or taste what they like (or dislike) and then balance accordingly. Because if they had taken into account what like Grieveous10 pointed out Cospris is a weapon with attributes making it 4 times stronger than mjolner at triggering stuff. (He actually forgot mentioning the free elemental equilibrium enabler that cospris is for 50% damage multiplier).

That alone should have lead to a distinct balancing in the ms cooldown. Now cospris malice is still viable for rushing to lvl 100 and spin to win because getting 6/7 charges with it plus now frenzy charges *cough* new item + raider *cough* will still make it ridiculous while mjolner is shit now.

The balance changes in this case are so out of touch with reality that this is a direct proof of the incapability of the balance team at GGG office regarding objective choices and rather doing subjective choices when balancing.

Edit: Before i forget - Mjolner without opie Vinktars Flask and Flask Recharge mechanics was already in a very bad spot as of patch 2.4 but i guess this again speaks for the incapability of the balance team to distinct from broken key ingridients and normal working properties of builds.
Last edited by zzang on Nov 30, 2016, 5:42:29 PM
"
zzang wrote:
I posted in the other thread but i think i can explain why GGG have done this.

Personally after the changes from 2.3 i had never trouble again with invulerable totems/enemies from chests while triggering explosions there - so it cant be that it was server traffic like it was the case in 2.3.

Basically they decide on personal matter or taste what they like (or dislike) and then balance accordingly. Because if they had taken into account what like Grieveous10 pointed out Cospris is a weapon with attributes making it 4 times stronger than mjolner at triggering stuff. (He actually forgot mentioning the free elemental equilibrium enabler that cospris is for 50% damage multiplier).

That alone should have lead to a distinct balancing in the ms cooldown. Now cospris malice is still viable for rushing to lvl 100 and spin to win because getting 6/7 charges with it plus now frenzy charges *cough* new item + raider *cough* will still make it ridiculous while mjolner is shit now.

The balance changes in this case are so out of touch with reality that this is a direct proof of the incapability of the balance team at GGG office regarding objective choices and rather doing subjective choices when balancing.

Edit: Before i forget - Mjolner without opie Vinktars Flask and Flask Recharge mechanics was already in a very bad spot as of patch 2.4 but i guess this again speaks for the incapability of the balance team to distinct from broken key ingridients and normal working properties of builds.

Yeah my post was more about listing traits of Mjölner. Cospri's free EE is granting that weapon absurd clearspeed damage and single discharge damage. Mjölner usually excels at discharging many low-damage discharges. Though that trait is gone since 2.4 but now with 4 discharges a second damage and sustain is even worse.

Let's not forget that Cospri's sustain is leech while Mjölner's sustain is Kingsguard + Endurance charge discharging.

Another issue is as you stated that Mjölner never had the possibility of using Vinktar as effectively as Cospri or CoC back in the days. I always see Mjölner as a build that survives bosses and that is mostly achieved by having surgeon magic flasks as an Atziri's promise or Vinktar's will not make a big difference dps wise to a Mjölner. Unique flasks in general were never desirable for Mjölner builds.
bump
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info