Content Update 2.5.0 Patch Notes

Just when I wanted to play Blade Flurry and trying to figure out how to make it have more AOE, they did this...

GGG, people want to feel like they are gods in the game, nerfing everything feel like real life. I mean, yea cool I can go stab someone with a fork, but it wont discharge... my radio has more discharge when I drop in my bath than Mjolnir.

Let's hope they will listen and read what everyone is saying. Cause I see a lot of supporters who throws money at them, but will they listen? Please listen to them.

But hey, I dont really know why they are nerfing them. So maybe you are doing the right decisions nerfing some of them. Maybe reduce the experience lost when we die? Reduce the drop rate of items and buff them all? Same for skill gems? It felt so rewarding when you got a rare skill gem, now most of them you can buy at vendors.

I'll still play Blade Flurry and I'll still play PoE. We just want OP stuff, but having OP stuff sucks, nothing feels rewarding after that. Yea, it will feel rewarding at first, but after, it will suck. So stop crying about nerfs. Kids in Africa get to play the only game they have called LIFE and the only achievment they get is "Starved to death.". Clap Clap Clap.

Have a great day everyone, hyped for the update.

(Maybe those new items will justify the nerf to some stuff, maybe they will be more OP than they where so they had to nerf stuff?)
Last edited by Occisus on Nov 30, 2016, 5:43:19 AM
blight still bad? O.o :D .
i dont think that the 5-35% damage on it will get the job done,
it would still be weaker than most skills have bad defensive. and whats more worse aoe in game
"
zDron4eGz wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:
I am a casual player and my builds were original until now.
It involved a lot of effort but they were also never affected by any nerfs.
Now I want to play an OP build for a change.
So what do you think will be the new meta for Breach?
WIll it still be the Blade Vortex?
What will change in that build?
Thanks

Now u need unique flask The Overflowing Chalice Sulphur Flask, now BV have more dmg then in 2.4

Thanks.
Any other options for meta? Ancestral Warchief Dual-Hand still good? Or Facebreaker + Abyssus?

I saw people writing something about Blade Flurry, will that be a good meta?

Thanks a lot and don't blame me that I want to play the easy cheesy having some other fun than trying my own builds :)
Last edited by RushBone on Nov 30, 2016, 5:47:32 AM
so from BV Pathfinder everybody will switch to BF Raider. Raider was great the way it was. All that changed is making it more viable for lazy players who don`t want to manage stuff.

Might as well reduce Raider to 1 ascendancy point that gives 150% Attack Speed and 120% Movement Speed since you`ll constantly have that without doing anything anyway.

+2 Frenzy Darkray Vektors will probably be 20 exalts now. Woot woot!
Overall i am disapointed in the patch notes due to the lack of changes made, but there are some good changes too

good changes:
- Raider buff (Raider is now a strong choice to take, basically a Pathfinder without flasks + dodge)
- Fask on crit changes (good in general for most builds but sadly doesn't prevent "perma vinktar's")
- SRS buff (might be overbuffed slightly)
- Raise Spectre buff
- Decoy totem nerf
- totem buffs
- golem buffs
- master rework
- weapon range buff

bad changes:
- Mjölner nerf
- Blade Vortex (mechanics are way to complicated now for the average player without a calculator)
- Ancestral Warchief (unless the AI nerf does it, 10% damage nerf is not good enough)
- Blade Flurry (no DPS nerf??? What? 5% less attack speed and AoE nerf does is nothing
- Blight might be overbuffed in an endgame scenario against non resistant bosses
- Minion resistance support gem: another MORE multiplier? lazy design to make it work

Other stuff which is really really disapointing and bad for the game:
- no changes or ajustments to the current life vs ES situation
- no changes to leech/instand leech mechanics
- ignite mechanic unchanged
- poison mechanic unchanged
- double dipping still in the game
- no much needed nerfs to flameblast (because of current ignite mechanic)
- no much needed buffs to Scion Ascendancy
- uncreative nerf to grand spectrum veridian jewel (now it is not really worth going for it)
- no inherent nerfs to curses (only one bad designed map mod)
- Pathfinder BV (and other builds) can still have 100% uptime on Vessel of Vinktar
- Vessel of Vinktar recieved no nerf
- no changes to ES Essence crafting

PS:
Q: How to get "perma vinktar" uptime in 2.5?
A: Stack as much flask effect duration and flask charges gained as you possible can and just remove 3 flasks from your belt (as ES pathfinder 2 flask slots are enough - don't worry)
i somewhat said to myself not to play melee again
after these:

Melee action targeting has been greatly improved.
Increased the range of all melee weapons.

how cant u love this game ?! :D
SRS got nerfed. We can offset lower minion count somewhat by using minion movement speed rings crafted with essences, but rolling good rings this way won't be cheap. But more importantly, minion phys dmg will increase significantly, making wrath/anger damage much less important, even with commander of darkness and all aura nodes. Previously focusing on elemental damage was a viable choice, now it's not, kills some of the fun.

Cospri will still be useful for crit ignite vortex, one cast is enough for trash anyway ;p And you can use VRF in your 6-link to one shot bosses.

Blade vortex. There is one blade now with 30% less damage, but it got 6.7x (or 7x (if first blade counts) dmg multi and 2.9x (3x) hit rate multi at max blades, base hit rate is 1.67 instead of 1. So it's a buff (0.7*7x3x1.67x=24.5x or 23x) in damage at max blades. Increased hit rate will help pathfinders get their charges and leech is more reliable. If skill damage multiplier is global it will make poison ridiculous, let's hope it's not the case. BV builds might need additional investment in duration nodes or gem to keep blade count closer to maximum.
Base damage is 30% less. That means it's 154 instead of 220 at level 20. We can try to offset that somewhat by using added chaos that provides 40% of base damage now, up from 28%.
I wonder if it's still possible to have two blade vortex skills active as the same time, or new blades will just increase counter of active skill? Might kill power charge on crit setups.
Overall that's a buff. Seriously?

Ancestral warchief got better range (10 from skill, some from increased melee range), totem nodes are more powerful, totems got more resistances. 10% less damage doesn't change much. Will remain one of the best skills to start a league.

Blade flurry got small attack speed nerf. I'm not sure if range nerf means much because of increased melee range. Strong!

Golem builds will probably remain hipster unless they improve golem AI.
Last edited by ignatich on Nov 30, 2016, 6:40:38 AM
"
Tahreyn wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Reduced the maximum number of Summoned Raging Spirits to 20, but we have also increased damage as the gem levels up to compensate. It's intended to be a similar damage output but with less casting needed and less effective area of effect.

So unless they've increased the life pool of the Spirits as well, they'll most likely melt as soon as they touch a reflect mob. No more reflect maps for my SRS :(

Beacon of corruption man !
( which would be very strong if the life pool was increase by the way ! )
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
So now i will only get 5 charges per second divided among all flasks?

Last edited by CBEToffOP on Nov 30, 2016, 6:25:56 AM
SHocking balance changes ... Just destroy something like mjolner when it wasnt even used much... as GGG knows there are so many skills that are literally not used at all and they dont bother to buff them, its so annoying you don't have to buff just damage to these old skills maybe more AOE/ adding interesting mechanics just something to make them viable ..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info