Petition:Get All Major Bugs Worked Out Before Breach League

GGG had already decided to release Breach at their 10yr anniversary so that suggestion was doomed from the start.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
GGG had already decided to release Breach at their 10yr anniversary so that suggestion was doomed from the start.

Perhaps so is GGG. They've had bad launches before, but this takes the cake. I just checked and post-Breach-patch the bug is STILL in full force. It is IMPOSSIBLE to play Path of Exile on affected machines with this bug. It has BEEN impossible to play on such machines for TWO WEEKS now. And there has been hardly any communication regarding a fix!

I consider this a severe mark of shame for Grinding Gear Games and a clear sign that I cannot trust them with my money anytime soon. I can no longer recommend Path of Exile to anyone - I'll be recommending Grim Dawn and similar games instead, including Torchlight 2 to those who haven't already played it - and there's no way I will even consider buying points until after 2.6.0's release at the soonest - and only if 2.6.0's release goes MUCH better than this. The problems surrounding Perandus and Essence launch were bad enough (epic lag even on good computers, and 50k-long lines to play due to inadequate servers,) but they had 2 weeks warning on this one and they still failed dismally to address it in an acceptable manner.

I will not tolerate this level of poor customer service from anything I'd actually pay money for, so I won't. It wouldn't surprise me if the fallout from GGG's continuing poor customer service eventually reaches the point of them not seeing their 15th year anniversary. This is a complete and utter disgrace. Multiple threads full of people completely unable to play the game, some of them having ALREADY spent money on Path of Exile, all of them previously able to play the game just fine, and GGG makes almost no effort to reach out to them or compensate them. I wouldn't tolerate an ISP not providing service for a week in any case short of a massive city-wide disaster, why should anyone tolerate the poor handling of this bug?
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Its a free game... You act like they are just ignoring this problem. If they had a fix, it would be applied. They haven't got a fix yet. What exactly do you want? Push the league back? Not gonna happen.

Oh and FYI... 2.6.0 doesn't exist... I think you mean 3.0.0?
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Its a free game... You act like they are just ignoring this problem. If they had a fix, it would be applied. They haven't got a fix yet. What exactly do you want? Push the league back? Not gonna happen.

Oh and FYI... 2.6.0 doesn't exist... I think you mean 3.0.0?

Yes, 3.0.0. The next major league/etc launch. And they ARE just ignoring the problem. We haven't had any update in days now. And yes, I DO want them to push the league back! Or at the very least be active in communication regarding an issue that has multiple people completely unable to play on machines that are perfectly capable of running PoE. It's also a free game that runs on microtransactions - for those microtransactions to be worth purchasing, things like this can't be happening.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
Hey guys, I checked in with the guys and I'm told that we're still working on this. Sorry that I couldn't come with better news. Will post more news if I hear anything related to this.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
Hey guys, I checked in with the guys and I'm told that we're still working on this. Sorry that I couldn't come with better news. Will post more news if I hear anything related to this.

Im already extremely depressed as I left last league about 2 and a half week after the start (wasted all my currency, about 2800 fuses and got no 6l) so I waited for this league for quite some time, and not it's not working...
Can you please guys focus on this?
I want to play your game.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
And they ARE just ignoring the problem. We haven't had any update in days now. And yes, I DO want them to push the league back! Or at the very least be active in communication regarding an issue that has multiple people completely unable to play on machines that are perfectly capable of running PoE. It's also a free game that runs on microtransactions - for those microtransactions to be worth purchasing, things like this can't be happening.

They are not ignoring the problem, why would they? They are not communicating probably because they havent been able to even replicate the bug yet.

Be realistic for 1 sec, why would GGG sabotage their own game? Some people are working on the issue. They did say they are taking the issue seriously, just look on the forum. One of their last intervention was to ask again the spec of people having the issue, my guess is like i said: maybe they havent been able to replicate the issue yet, if thats the case they just cant fix it yet, and they have noyhing to say. Be patient, these are the pitfalls of game development, a fix will come, you dont know when, and maybe they dont either, but i would bet my mother they are working on it.
Last edited by EnafAequi on Dec 3, 2016, 7:02:39 AM
"
EnafAequi wrote:
"
TheLastZica wrote:
And they ARE just ignoring the problem. We haven't had any update in days now. And yes, I DO want them to push the league back! Or at the very least be active in communication regarding an issue that has multiple people completely unable to play on machines that are perfectly capable of running PoE. It's also a free game that runs on microtransactions - for those microtransactions to be worth purchasing, things like this can't be happening.

They are not ignoring the problem, why would they? They are not communicating probably because they havent been able to even replicate the bug yet.

Be realistic for 1 sec, why would GGG sabotage their own game? Some people are working on the issue. They did say they are taking the issue seriously, just look on the forum. One of their last intervention was to ask again the spec of people having the issue, my guess is like i said: maybe they havent been able to replicate the issue yet, if thats the case they just cant fix it yet, and they have noyhing to say. Be patient, these are the pitfalls of game development, a fix will come, you dont know when, and maybe they dont either, but i would bet my mother they are working on it.

If any of that is true, then explain to me how one ordinary user who hardly even knows programming fixed in one day a problem that GGG has failed to fix in 2 weeks:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781512

GGG has failed abysmally on this issue. For one user to be able to do that, either that one user won the lottery when it comes to the odds of his success, or GGG just plain was not handling the issue effectively. The fact there has been almost no communication only further makes it look like they simply ignored us for the most part. They already knew it was a DX initialization problem less than a week into the bug... and yet they didn't take this simple step to adjust the init call. That is disgraceful.

Honestly, whichever programmer was assigned to this should be fired, or at least put in charge of lesser issues with more oversight into whether he's actually doing his job or just saying "nope can't fix it without some hardware go get me some lol."
"
TheLastZica wrote:
If any of that is true, then explain to me how one ordinary user who hardly even knows programming fixed in one day a problem that GGG has failed to fix in 2 weeks:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781512

GGG has failed abysmally on this issue. For one user to be able to do that, either that one user won the lottery when it comes to the odds of his success, or GGG just plain was not handling the issue effectively. The fact there has been almost no communication only further makes it look like they simply ignored us for the most part. They already knew it was a DX initialization problem less than a week into the bug... and yet they didn't take this simple step to adjust the init call. That is disgraceful.

Honestly, whichever programmer was assigned to this should be fired, or at least put in charge of lesser issues with more oversight into whether he's actually doing his job or just saying "nope can't fix it without some hardware go get me some lol."

I understand your frustration, as I'd be frustrated to. However...

1.) You do not understand the changes that person from Russia made within the DX9 dll from that thread you linked. Here's what that user stated...
"
Q: How it works?
A: Actually, i don't really know.. everything that i did:
_1. Force D3DDEVTYPE_HAL for all dx-device (IDirect3D9::CreateDevice) creations.
_2. Force D3DFMT_D24S8 texture format for a AutoDepthStencilFormat in device creation.
_3. Force D3DFMT_D24S8 in CreateDepthStencilSurface calls
_4. Add a few SetRenderState calls with a few flags right after SetDepthStencilSurface game call.
That it..

If you have to change that, there's an issue on the system itself.

2.) The DX9 dll is released from Microsoft, not GGG. GGG doesn't edit Microsoft's files. That would be a poor business practice, let alone completely pointless. If the DX9 installed on a user's system is having issues working on said system, there's a problem with that system, its drivers, and/or the DX9 itself. The latter is probably fine since millions upon millions of users run DX9 games and apps every day.

3.) Millions of players run PoE just fine on both DX9 and DX11 clients. There are several here who experience what you do, but that's a fraction of a fraction of a percent of active players. And everyone else's issues, even if it has the same symptom, might be due to another issue. I run the DX9 client just fine on three different systems, and the DX11 client fine on two different systems. Granted, I use only NVIDIA GPUs, but different models and generations with different drivers.

So instead of blaming GGG for having "major bugs", perhaps it would be more beneficial for both you and others who experience this issue to work with GGG in getting this fixed instead of just complaining about it. I looked back through your posts until September and don't see any sharing of your DXDiag report or anything similar to that. And no mention of what else you tried, if you've run Furmark on this system or have done any other burn-in/benchmarking.

If you really want to see something done (because it's system related, not PoE-related), you could always open a thread in bug reports, document this issue, provide DXDiag report (use a pastebin service to copy, paste, and link there), and tell them what else you've tried to troubleshoot. That would at least give them something to work on and attempt to troubleshoot or reproduce on their side. Because otherwise this is just a rant thread instead of a productive thread to do anything about it.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
The DX9 dll is released from Microsoft, not GGG. GGG doesn't edit Microsoft's files. That would be a poor business practice, let alone completely pointless. If the DX9 installed on a user's system is having issues working on said system, there's a problem with that system, its drivers, and/or the DX9 itself. The latter is probably fine since millions upon millions of users run DX9 games and apps every day.
The heck you talking about? He didn't "edit dx9 dlls', he changed the calls from the client program!
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info