Petition:Get All Major Bugs Worked Out Before Breach League

"
silumit wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
The DX9 dll is released from Microsoft, not GGG. GGG doesn't edit Microsoft's files. That would be a poor business practice, let alone completely pointless. If the DX9 installed on a user's system is having issues working on said system, there's a problem with that system, its drivers, and/or the DX9 itself. The latter is probably fine since millions upon millions of users run DX9 games and apps every day.
The heck you talking about? He didn't "edit dx9 dlls', he changed the calls from the client program!

I re-read his post, and it's a proxy dll, so you are correct that he changed the calls, not edit the dx9 dll itself.

And it looks like Chris has it ready to go in 2.5.0b as per later in that thread from his post today.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

1. As you now see, you're the one who's mistaken, and I don't see what him being from Russia had to do with anything.

2. Again, irrelevant because of your misunderstanding. The problem was with GGG's code.

3. Yes, we know nvidia wasn't affected. That isn't really even remotely relevant either.

So, yes, it was a major bug, which had to be fixed by an end user because the programmer at GGG who looked at it didn't pursue it adequately. And which could have been fixed before Breach launch if it had been reasonably pursued. The programmer in question should be fired.

And I wrote around a dozen emails to support during the past 3 weeks about this issue. Why would I share my DXDiag on the forums? Furthermore, get this: They never asked for it. And it's pretty clear whichever programmer was put in charge of this never really followed up on much of anything, including interacting with the support personnel handling the emails, and probably reading the threads, either. Benchmarking is irrelevant. I did mention various things I tried, which you apparently missed - there have been a lot of posts on this issue across a half dozen or more threads, including quite a few from me. My most detailed technical explanation of things I saved for emails. The forums are hardly touched on issues like this, as can be seen by how few staff posts there are in the related forum topics.

In the end, it very much is PoE-related, not system-related. PoE ran fine until 2.4.2 and then someone made some poor changes to the DX initialization calls and messed everything up for three weeks. There already is a thread for this in bug reports (I posted it in extensively, which you should have seen if you really paid any attention looking through my post history,) and honestly, you should quit trying to do surrogate tech support, because you're not doing it well, and even if you tried, you wouldn't be seeing substantial parts of the issue. If you just want to white-knight GGG, well, you're not doing that well either, you're just giving people more reason to be frustrated and less reason to buy anything from GGG.

Overall, this issue was an utter disgrace to GGG and I find it hard to have any faith in them going forward, especially after how much this issue was brushed under the rug.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info