Petition:Get All Major Bugs Worked Out Before Breach League

"
widardd wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

But then i wonder, why this pc has dx11 installed. If the hardware cant use dx11 why would it be my current directx version.

DirectX is not necessarily related to your graphics card, it consists of many things for inputs and sound aswell. (DirectSound, DirectInput, ...)

I might just be that your card is not able to use Direct3D11.

Cool, thanks for the info :), i got an nvidea 460 which i assume is a relic by current standards.
But seeing the directx11 installed made me wonder about this.

Well, hoping the dirextx9 is a bit more stable on launch day and gets worked on.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
widardd wrote:

Could someone provide a link to the aforementioned thread about black screens?

Just visit the technical support and bug sections of the forums, there's multiple of them.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Nov 30, 2016, 4:59:45 PM
"
Boem wrote:

Cool, thanks for the info :), i got an nvidea 460 which i assume is a relic by current standards.

Microsoft® DirectX® 11 Support
DirectX 11 GPU with Shader Model 5.0 support

Are you perhaps using something older than Windows 10? The new DX11 client should work for you as long as DirectX is up-to-date.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Nov 30, 2016, 5:05:23 PM
"
widardd wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Microsoft® DirectX® 11 Support
DirectX 11 GPU with Shader Model 5.0 support

Are you perhaps using something older than Windows 10? The new DX11 client should work for you as long as DirectX is up-to-date.

I'm using windows 7 home premium 64 bit currently.

So i should upgrade to windows 10 eh? Should have used that free upgrade :p.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

I'm using windows 7 home premium 64 bit currently.

So i should upgrade to windows 10 eh? Should have used that free upgrade :p.

Peace,

-Boem-

Nah, all you need for Direct3D11 is Windows 7. But if you're using an older version of Windows it might be that your DirectX is outdated. (check my previous post for the url to the setup file)

Just a shot in the dark and the first thing that comes to my mind. :/

Oh and your graphics driver, but that thing's probably kept up-to-date automatically now?
Perception is reality.
^Did that installer, told me everything is up-to-date or better.

Will figure something out after the clean install of PoE. Cheers for the assist :)

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Docbp87 wrote:
I took the day off work, and adjusted my schedule accordingly for the patch and start of league. It isn't convenient for me to change that, so I guess they should just cancel the patch all together.

They ruined a major day long race just a few seasons ago in very similar fashion for less (some problem with shrines.)

Just go have a look at the tech support and bug reports sections. This problem IS big enough to delay a league for. And I know I won't be spending any money on GGG anytime soon if they release Breach in this condition - my money is clearly much better spent on League of Legends as things stand.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Expecting GGG to fix bugs is like expecting the Browns to win the Super Bowl. Just wait till next year.......

As far as delaying a release for ANY bugs WHATSOEVER you can just get that out of your head right now. Almost every single league ever dropped has had serious game breaking issues that were not fixed till AFTER the league started. Frequently these issues persist for several weeks (assuming they get corrected at all) and probably play a role in why league retention is generally terrible. So if they won't delay a league for issues inherent to the league I don't see them delaying it for issues inherent to the game in general.
You can bet that the (DX11) release will be buggy as hell. The last update wrecked DX11 performance for me, while before that it ran kinda well. FPS drops all over the place. Doesn't look promising, I just hope GGG will keep DX9 client around even when they >think< DX11 is working ok.

Stability, performance and even content, have been victims of this 3-month forced schedule since 2.0 Awakening.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 1, 2016, 3:21:51 PM
I haven't checked the game for a while, as I left it 3 weeks after the start of the league, 2 days ago, I downloaded the patch, now I can't play at all, I hope GGG will fix it before the start of the league.
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
Almost every single league ever dropped has had serious game breaking issues that were not fixed till AFTER the league started. Frequently these issues persist for several weeks (assuming they get corrected at all) and probably play a role in why league retention is generally terrible.

You'd think that would tell everyone involved that it's time to start delaying things until they're ready, eh?

They'd probably make more money in the long run delaying the releases when breaking bugs were discovered before release rather than pushing out a broken product many people are woefully dissatisfied with.

Dissatisfied people are considerably less likely to buy MTXes. I know I certainly won't anytime soon if they release Breach in this condition. I've been trying to find an excuse to justify buying some stash tabs and a supporter pack or two for quite some time. It seems the disappointments that prevent me from considering it a good investment just keep getting worse instead of better. As things are now, there's no longer any doubt in my mind that my money would be better spent supporting League of Legends and getting some nice looking champion skins until the situation with Path of Exile improves.

Only a fool pays for a broken product.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info