[2.5] Hipster Broliferator - Burning/Lightning Arrow Elementalist!

Hey! I'm saskute and today I'd like to show you my Elementalist Burning Arrow Ignite Prolif using some of the new uniques and such. Keep in mind this is my first guide, so I'll gladly accept any constructive criticism to improve it. (Work in Progress)

• Before reading the guide:

Spoiler

• Ignite immunity is an issue.
  • As of right now, I will be experimenting and making a lot of changes to the build to see what feels better and works better. Don't be surprised if you see changes in the Skill Tree and/or Gear.

• Build Mechanics:

[spoiler]With this build I plan to use the new unique bow Xoph's Nurture. With it you get 100% fire damage output and you can watch your enemies burn to death.[/spoiler]
    • Skill tree & Levelling:

[spoiler]For levelling I recommend firestorm or flameblast until you can start using your Bow. You can also spec into some spell damage nodes for a smooth levelling experience.
    Level 91 Skill Tree
    I recommend trying to get acro asap after you feel your damage is good enough
    [/spoiler]
    • Ascendancy:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
    • Bandits:

[spoiler]Oak, Kraityn or Passive, Passive[/spoiler]
    • Gear:

[spoiler] For gear basetypes Evasion is probably the best one. You can choose something else if you think it will be easier to colour though.

Bow:
    [spoiler]Xoph's Nurture our bread and butter, gives us life upon igniting, fire conversion and overall good damage.[/spoiler]
    Helmet:
    [spoiler]Devoto's Devotion is a solid pick, but a rare helmet with life and resistances.[/spoiler]
    Quiver:
    [spoiler]The Signal Fire is the best pick here, it gives us more damage than drillneck, and saves us a few points on pierce.[/spoiler]
    Body Armour:
    [spoiler]This slot is mostly about personal preference. Kaom's Heart is a solid choice if you're looking for life and a bit of damage. Kintsugi is also a solid choice along with Cloak of Flame for the extra ignite and defense, Belly of the Beast for a more budget defensive pick,Daresso's Defiance for another pick in the defensive side of things.However, my personal choice is The Perfect Form due to free AA and Phase Acrobatics, aswell as overall good evasion.[/spoiler]
    Belt:
    [spoiler]A few good picks here. Fire Doryani's Invitation is pretty nice and fits our archetype, you also have Dyadian Dawn as a solid pick for clearspeed. At last, you can get a rare belt with Life, Resistances and Weapon Elemental Damage[/spoiler]
    Boots:
    [spoiler]Atziri's Step to give you an extra layer of defense, or rare boots with life, resistances and movement speed.[/spoiler]
    Gloves:
    [spoiler]Winds of Change give us pretty good stats. Alternatively use rare gloves with what you need: life, attack speed, resistances, strength/dexterity, accuracy and flat physical damage. Another option is using the unique gloves Wyrmsign for the 5L singletarget setup(thank you Dakkar890), in case you choose to go Kaom's Heart [/spoiler]
    Rings and Amulet:
    [spoiler]Pyre is a decent pick for levelling or budget, but rare Steel Rings with flat physical damage, life, weapon elemental damage and resistances ( If you need Dexterity or Strength get them here). As for an amulet, Hinekora's Sight is good, but can be replaced by a rare amulet with flat physical damage, weapon elemental damage, life, attributes and resistances. Additionaly, I think the new Xoph's Heart is a good defensive pick due to the Covers enemies in Ash mod. This debuff has been confirmed as 20% less movement speed and a 20% increased fire damage taken, making it a 20% more multiplier for the build.[/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    • Gem links:

[spoiler]

Main Skill:
    [spoiler]6L Burning Arrow/Lightning Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Weapon Elemental Damage - Pierce - Slower Projectiles - Added Fire (Thanks cpurdy777)
    NOTE: For single target swap GMP for Physical Projectile Attack Damage ( if using BA, otherwise check "Single Target"[/spoiler]
    Single Target:
    [spoiler]6L Burning Arrow - Weapon Elemental Damage - Slower Projectiles - Added Fire - Physical Projectile Attack Damage - Fire Penetration
    [/spoiler]
    Golems:
    [spoiler]Summon Lightning Golem - Summon Fire Golem - Culling Strike - Increased Item Rarity[/spoiler]
    Auras:
    [spoiler]Blasphemy - Flammability - Herald of Ash - Arctic Armour[/spoiler]
    Defensive Setup:
    [spoiler]Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Blink Arrow - Faster Attacks[/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    • Map Mods:

[spoiler]
    Some map mods worth mentioning are:
    • Monsters have X% increased fire resistance - Not that bad
    • Players have Elemental Equilibrium - Hurts our dps a bit, but manageable
    • Monsters have X% chance to avoid elemental status ailments - Will also hurt our dps a lot
    • Players have no life or mana regeneration - Makes our recover life on ignite useless
    • Monsters cannot be affected by elemental status ailments - Haven't tried it, but probably very difficult to do.
    • Player have X% less life,mana and energy shield recovery - Should be pretty manageable.

[/spoiler]
    • Ignite Immunity:

[spoiler]
    This build is based around ignite and ignite proliferation. Some bosses are very hard to killwith our current setup. Some of these bosses are:

[/spoiler]
    • Enchantments:

[spoiler]
    Helmet:
    [spoiler] For Burning Arrow enchantments, listed from worst to best, we have:
    • 25/45% increased Burning Arrow damage
    • Burning Arrow has +20/30% chance to ignite
    • 10/15% of Burning Arrow physical damage gained as extra fire damage

For Lightning Arrow enchantments, again listed from worst to best we can get:
    • 25/45% increased Lightning Arrow damage
    • 8/12% increased Lightning Arrow Radius
    • Lightning Arrow hits 1/2 additional enemies

[/spoiler]
    Boots:
    [spoiler]For our boot enchantments, the best one is either Adds X to X Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently or X% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently. Try to get atleast the merciless values for this.[/spoiler]
    Gloves:
    [spoiler]Most of the glove enchantments should be fine, I see Commandment of Spite being the best though.[/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    • Flasks:

[spoiler] For flasks I will probably be running:

NOTE: Once you get Witchfire Brew you can either go dual curse or drop Blasphemy + Flammability.
    NOTE #2: A mana flask is handy if you don't have a lot of mana leech or mana gained on hit.
    [/spoiler]
    • My current gear:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
    • Changelog:

[spoiler]
    • 09/12/2016 - Added LA version of the build; Updated current and recommended gear; Updated gem setups; Added LA helmet enchants; Updated skill tree
    [/spoiler]
  • Last edited by saskute on Dec 9, 2016, 10:54:23 AM
    Last bumped on Jan 31, 2017, 7:36:23 PM
    You can get other Xoph's Inception an Drillneck and put in the bow the single target burning arrow, and put it in the second set.
    "
    Iacomore wrote:
    You can get other Xoph's Inception an Drillneck and put in the bow the single target burning arrow, and put it in the second set.

That is actually a fantastic idea, if you manage to get enough currency! I will add it to the thread.

EDIT: Forgot that you can't charge vaal skills on the second bow/quiver slot. Too bad!
    Last edited by saskute on Nov 28, 2016, 3:59:37 PM
    You can use Wyrmsign gloves for free Vall BA 5l with Kaom version
    "
    Dakkar890 wrote:
    You can use Wyrmsign gloves for free Vall BA 5l with Kaom version

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll be sure to add it in!
    Quite an interesting approach to the new bow, and seems pretty reliable for what I've seen. Would you consider running Emberwake ?
    "
    Binolg wrote:
    Quite an interesting approach to the new bow, and seems pretty reliable for what I've seen. Would you consider running Emberwake ?

Even though Emberwake at first glance seems like a good choice because of the synergy with the life you get from igniting, I think that it would hurt the goal that I have which is 1click 1shot, plus there is no benefit from the cast speed. Even though, I will still test to see how the use of it feels on this particular setup.
    All gems that only scale the dot are gonna be shit, especially increased burning damage because its only an increase not a more. Use phys proj or added fire, they will increase the initial hit and as a result the dot as well, rather than just a weak increase to the dot.
    Also, why no ele prolif ascendancy? Seems to be the most important one if youre going to focus burns. Pendulum seems to be a weak link, since you wont benefit from the aoe other than with vba, and the damage isnt all that much or consistent.
    I've also noticed despite not taking any crit nodes, you didn't take ele overload, which is effectively a 40% more multi for this build, and you've stretched a lot for weak spell damage nodes and arsonist, as well as picking up the dot nodes near shadow instead of the phys damage nodes. Again, picking the phys damage nodes scales initial hit and thus the dot, while those dot nodes only scale the burn.
    There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
    Last edited by cpurdy777 on Nov 29, 2016, 6:42:26 PM
    "
    cpurdy777 wrote:
    All gems that only scale the dot are gonna be shit, especially increased burning damage because its only an increase not a more. Use phys proj or added fire, they will increase the initial hit and as a result the dot as well, rather than just a weak increase to the dot.
    Also, why no ele prolif ascendancy? Seems to be the most important one if youre going to focus burns. Pendulum seems to be a weak link, since you wont benefit from the aoe other than with vba, and the damage isnt all that much or consistent.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Considering the gem part of your reply, PPAD/Added Fire sure do sound like a better option than all the other ones listed as a sixth link possibility.
    On the ascendancy part however, I don't take ele prolif because the bow already gives me ignite prolif, as you can see here:
    Spoiler

EDIT:
    "
    cpurdy777 wrote:
    I've also noticed despite not taking any crit nodes, you didn't take ele overload, which is effectively a 40% more multi for this build, and you've stretched a lot for weak spell damage nodes and arsonist, as well as picking up the dot nodes near shadow instead of the phys damage nodes. Again, picking the phys damage nodes scales initial hit and thus the dot, while those dot nodes only scale the burn.

Thanks again for more feedback!
    I didn't take ele overload because I didn't find any way to crit with this build, if you have an idea I'll gladly utilize it.
    About the tree changes, you are probably right that I should try and double-dip with the nodes, I will make some adjustments tommorow and list it.

Last edited by saskute on Nov 29, 2016, 6:52:11 PM
    Ele overload doesnt require crit in a build, it aims to punish it by removing crit multi. The base crit of the bow should definitely be enough to proc it. Im still not sure as to how the prolif on the bow will work, such as if its actually an aura as prolif is or just an instant spread, and unfortunately it wont prolif shocks and chills from conflux. Double dipping isnt necessary on the tree, but things that do double dip initial and dot are(as of now before patch notes which may nerf proj doubledip): projectile damage, fire damage, global damage, and elemental damage. The next best damage types are wed, phys, and attack. Dot are by far the worse as they only "half dip" on the second part of the damage.
    There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info