[2.5] Hipster Broliferator - Burning/Lightning Arrow Elementalist!

"
cpurdy777 wrote:
Ele overload doesnt require crit in a build, it aims to punish it by removing crit multi. The base crit of the bow should definitely be enough to proc it. Im still not sure as to how the prolif on the bow will work, such as if its actually an aura as prolif is or just an instant spread, and unfortunately it wont prolif shocks and chills from conflux. Double dipping isnt necessary on the tree, but things that do double dip initial and dot are(as of now before patch notes which may nerf proj doubledip): projectile damage, fire damage, global damage, and elemental damage. The next best damage types are wed, phys, and attack. Dot are by far the worse as they only "half dip" on the second part of the damage.

Tweaked the tree a little bit, added Elemental Overload and such, you can find it updated in the thread or here.
As for the bow prolif mechanics, it is written on the wiki that it works similarly to Elemental Proliferation Support, but because Beacon of Ruin is more consistent than Pendulum of Destruction, I decided to put Beacon of Ruin instead. You can also find it updated in the thread.
Thanks for your help and suggestions, have a good one!
Looking Good!
"
TankoPoe wrote:
Looking Good!

Thanks mate!
In your rings and amulets section, the description of your choise ends halfway through discussing xoph'ethula's.

In your response to cpurdy777, you claim you don't take the ascendancy for beacon of ruin, as the bow already does that task. However in both your skill tree and graphic for your ascendancy, beacon of ruin is taken. Not stating you should or should not take beacon of ruin, just a bit confusing reading through the comments and the build.

Build guide indicates roughly 64% evasion, 128% maximum hp, and acro/phase acro of 40/30. It seems tremendously fragile. The damage contribution to your bow that the burns may feel very underwhelming looking at how far the build travels to get everything done. Consider that perhaps and let us know what you think. This may be a SC build only.

Overall though, fine build idea. I do wonder if you've played a similar ele bow build before. It's quite likely Paragon will not be enough ele reflect reduction for you if you manage to get your damage high enough, and you might end up wanting to run Purity of Fire. The burn being the major source of damage is smart though... But test it and find out.

Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Nov 30, 2016, 8:03:07 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:
In your rings and amulets section, the description of your choise ends halfway through discussing xoph'ethula's.

My bad. That probably happened when I was writing it and something came up. Thanks for noticing, I finished my train of thought there.
"
Kwitch wrote:
In your response to cpurdy777, you claim you don't take the ascendancy for beacon of ruin, as the bow already does that task. However in both your skill tree and graphic for your ascendancy, beacon of ruin is taken. Not stating you should or should not take beacon of ruin, just a bit confusing reading through the comments and the build.

Yes, in my response to cpurdy777 I was using the ascendancy Pendulum of Destruction instead of Beacon of Ruin, however upon some thought about it I concluded that Beacon of Ruin will probably feel better in terms of clear speed because of the shock proliferation and even defensively because of the chilling proliferation.
"
Kwitch wrote:
Build guide indicates roughly 64% evasion, 128% maximum hp, and acro/phase acro of 40/30. It seems tremendously fragile. The damage contribution to your bow that the burns may feel very underwhelming looking at how far the build travels to get everything done. Consider that perhaps and let us know what you think. This may be a SC build only.

Yes, as of right now the build is a little bit too much fragile, I will have to probably tweak some things after I figure out if I actually need that much damage. I would also not recommend playing this in HC leagues, it is probably not suited to do so.
"
Kwitch wrote:
Overall though, fine build idea. I do wonder if you've played a similar ele bow build before. It's quite likely Paragon will not be enough ele reflect reduction for you if you manage to get your damage high enough, and you might end up wanting to run Purity of Fire. The burn being the major source of damage is smart though... But test it and find out.

I never played any type of proliferation build, so I will see how it goes. The ele reflect reduction should be enough if the build is played safely on elemental reflect maps.

Thanks for the feedback and good improvement ideas, I will definitely add some of this info to the thread and tweak some things here and there.
Seems like a fun build, I will try to play it next league
"
RandExtremo wrote:
Seems like a fun build, I will try to play it next league

I wouldn't recommend as first character because of mandatory uniques like Crown of Eyes but good luck! Be sure to check for changes in the thread as I will be experimenting what works best when the league launches :)
anyone tried mapping with this build yet?? How is it?
"
zuzon wrote:
anyone tried mapping with this build yet?? How is it?

I have reached mapping with it, with a few tweaks it should feel a lot better than it currently does, i'll update the guide once I've reached a good clearspeed
So !
I'm playing BHC with it, tweaked the build a little, you can view my character ony my Profile, using LA with LMP for spreading ignite + shock to everything, AoE clear is insane Boss dps is quite good.
Got around 5k hp and clearing easy t7+ so while, let's see how the build perform in higher maps!
I recommend using Signal Flare over Drillneck, way more dmg. If anyone know how to improve my Character let me know

Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by ScarletDestiny1 on Dec 6, 2016, 10:12:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info