[2.5] Hipster Broliferator - Burning/Lightning Arrow Elementalist!

"
So !
I'm playing BHC with it, tweaked the build a little, you can view my character ony my Profile, using LA with LMP for spreading ignite + shock to everything, AoE clear is insane Boss dps is quite good.
Got around 5k hp and clearing easy t7+ so while, let's see how the build perform in higher maps!
I recommend using Signal Flare over Drillneck, way more dmg. If anyone know how to improve my Character let me know

Gear:
Spoiler

Thanks for sharing your experience with the build! Is signal fire really that much better than drillneck? I didn't get the chance to test it out yet as I haven't had much time to play because of school. As for using LA, does it feel better than BA or just about the same?

Again, thanks for the feedback! Have fun while playing the build!
It's easier to spread Ignite through everything, because of the chain, better offscreen, a bit lesser damage, but if you running a single target setup it's fine. OS every pack so far
"
It's easier to spread Ignite through everything, because of the chain, better offscreen, a bit lesser damage, but if you running a single target setup it's fine. OS every pack so far

Alright if my damage feels lackluster i'll definitely try it out! Also, what is your tooltip dps?
Hey, I had the same idea but I have a very different skill tree in mind. Chieftain skilltree

Chieftain gives us a lot more synergy with the build imo then elementalist, and we have a load of survivability and hp. (238% more health and quite some strength)
My problem is that I don't have a lot of experience with arrow builds, and I don't know how the damage will turn out. Due to being BM we can't run auras (Maybe except for Herald of Ash which would be great for the build, but 12.5% less life hurts). I don't know if we can somehow sustain the mana cost without BM, but I think not.

For the offense we have 350% more fire damage, 35% ignite chance and 15% fire penetration on the tree and 60% increased damage against burning enemies. We also have 1% lifeleech.

The problems are that we don't have dex, almost no attackspeed and no accuracy. We could skip the scion life node cluster and invest the points into Versatility and Precision, which both give accuracy and dex, maybe helping with our stat problem.

For the links I thought about something like Burning Arrow - Fire Pen - GMP - Weapon Elemental Damage as core, and then we have a lot of options: Chain/Pierce for AoE clear if necessary, PPAD/Added Fire/Faster Attacks/Faster Projectiles for more damage, I have no clue which gem would be the best. We could even take Elemental Focus as an option against ignite-immune enemies, although it would require a recolor.

There are a multitude of uniques that would be very useful for us (Devoto's, the new amulet, and so on) but I didn't really delve to far into it yet.

I'm curious to hear your opinion about it :)
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
Shaileen wrote:
Hey, I had the same idea but I have a very different skill tree in mind. Chieftain skilltree

Chieftain gives us a lot more synergy with the build imo then elementalist, and we have a load of survivability and hp. (238% more health and quite some strength)
My problem is that I don't have a lot of experience with arrow builds, and I don't know how the damage will turn out. Due to being BM we can't run auras (Maybe except for Herald of Ash which would be great for the build, but 12.5% less life hurts). I don't know if we can somehow sustain the mana cost without BM, but I think not.

For the offense we have 350% more fire damage, 35% ignite chance and 15% fire penetration on the tree and 60% increased damage against burning enemies. We also have 1% lifeleech.

The problems are that we don't have dex, almost no attackspeed and no accuracy. We could skip the scion life node cluster and invest the points into Versatility and Precision, which both give accuracy and dex, maybe helping with our stat problem.

For the links I thought about something like Burning Arrow - Fire Pen - GMP - Weapon Elemental Damage as core, and then we have a lot of options: Chain/Pierce for AoE clear if necessary, PPAD/Added Fire/Faster Attacks/Faster Projectiles for more damage, I have no clue which gem would be the best. We could even take Elemental Focus as an option against ignite-immune enemies, although it would require a recolor.

There are a multitude of uniques that would be very useful for us (Devoto's, the new amulet, and so on) but I didn't really delve to far into it yet.

I'm curious to hear your opinion about it :)

Hey! Thanks for the reply and for sharing your point of view on the execution of the build!
At first I also thought about going chieftain which is an okay option aswell in my opinion but like you said, you won't have that much dexterity and to use a strength to dexterity jewel will hurt the bonus from iron grip. Going chieftain will greatly improve survivability because of the extra %life, the leech and endurance charges from the ascendancy.

In terms of scaling damage since you mostly scale fire damage and not the physical portion of it herald of ash wouldn't be that much of a dps boost, but if you want to run 1 aura just use the ring Essence Worm.

For links pierce is probably better than chain due to not reducing the overall damage.
Kaom's would be very good with this build, and you'd probably want to run that too. Attack speed is a bit necessary because of the slow bow, but its more a quality of life feature for faster clearspeed. Personally i've been doing just fine with about 0,60 attack time on my main skill.
As of right now I've been experimenting a few things such as using LA like ScarletDestiny1 suggested, and it honestly feels better than BA in pack clearing. For bosses however BA will always be our best choice.

In conclusion I think your build idea is pretty solid and will most likely work, however you're scaling the damage differently and flat physical on jewellery is probably not the best choice.

Have a nice day!
Love the concept of the build. I started leveling and following this build and then I had an idea: why can't this work with CI? Especially since you're starting with the witch, lots of easily accessible energy shield nodes.

I came up with the following skill tree:

I plan to do the exact same ascendancy, links, etc, but will focus on energy shield instead of life for survivability. Curious what your thoughts are? Do you think it's viable to follow that path? As far as I can tell, damage-wise should be very similar but let me know if I'm missing some key source of the damage
msg/pm me if I've won any bids or want to contact for sales. @SteveDelucia
Last edited by fritzendugan on Dec 12, 2016, 3:03:41 AM
"
fritzendugan wrote:
Love the concept of the build. I started leveling and following this build and then I had an idea: why can't this work with CI? Especially since you're starting with the witch, lots of easily accessible energy shield nodes.

I came up with the following skill tree:

I plan to do the exact same ascendancy, links, etc, but will focus on energy shield instead of life for survivability. Curious what your thoughts are? Do you think it's viable to follow that path? As far as I can tell, damage-wise should be very similar but let me know if I'm missing some key source of the damage

In my opinion it should be viable to follow the CI path with this build. I chose not to do it because I don't really enjoy CI and I wanted a viable league starter for breach. However, the trees you made are not very good because you stretch out so much to take some nodes. An example of this is using CI + Acro, which is not really that reliable because you will lose half your ES.
I went and made a viable but unpolished tree for your plan you can find here.

Good luck with your concept and have a nice day!
Hey Saskute, thanks for the input! You really made a lot of good points that helped me in thinking this through.

And well, today Mathil released a vid about almost exactly the thing I was planning although he invested more into crit/bownodes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5PTZQhvhvU
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF
"
In my opinion it should be viable to follow the CI path with this build. I chose not to do it because I don't really enjoy CI and I wanted a viable league starter for breach. However, the trees you made are not very good because you stretch out so much to take some nodes. An example of this is using CI + Acro, which is not really that reliable because you will lose half your ES.
I went and made a viable but unpolished tree for your plan you can find here.

Thanks for the quick reply! You're right, I totally derp'd and forgot that acro gives you less ES.

I'm gonna incorporate some of the things in your tree, and post an updated tree in a bit if you care to look at it. I'm not a fan of zealot's oath, I think regen on CI is weak since once your CI recharge kicks in (which it often will if you play correctly) it's overwhelmingly better than any regen. Also noticed you created some redundant loops in your tree :) but as you said it wasn't polished.

I think running elemental equilibrium could be a huge help on this build, but I'm not sure how best to proc it or if it really fits. Do you have any thoughts on that?
updated tree (still some stuff on there I'm not 100% sure about):

Mostly the same as what you posted, with some life regen stuff removed, and still managed to hit the stuff on the left near templar (which I think is a HUGE damage boost). A lot more damage than what you posted with only a small hit to ES, but please feel free to tear it apart :) Still learning when it comes to making trees.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info