[Theorycraft][HC] 100% Ele Blade Flurry Raider - Dodge/Evasion/Kintsugi Build

"
xMustard wrote:
well if a normal ele weapon works better for you then its better.
hyaon's definitely is cheaper than a BiS ele weapon though, thats for sure.

Hyaon's is definitely cheap! The weapon i tested though was not a best in slot weapon. the only tier one mod required is ias and a single high light damage roll. This can be crafted quite early in the league with alterations/transmutations/augmentations

"
kyo_smooth wrote:
stage1 dps?
stage6 dps?
wanna dps with linked support

supports: Blade Flurry - Faster Attacks - Added Lightning - weapon ele dmg - elemental focus - added cold
Stage 1 dps: 190k
stage 6 dps: 349k

supports: Blade Flurry - Faster Attacks - Added Lightning - weapon ele dmg - elemental focus - conc effect
stage 1 dps: 246k
stage 6 dps: 451k

(still havn't accounted for the new changes to raider & blade flurry though)
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Last edited by Priory on Nov 30, 2016, 7:03:47 AM
don't forget this

"
Blade Flurry now uses the average of both main and off-hand attack speeds if using two valid weapons.

since you are up around CI I wonder if that is possible/ impossible to pull off...
"
DmanCman wrote:
don't forget this

"
Blade Flurry now uses the average of both main and off-hand attack speeds if using two valid weapons.

ya this is a slight, SLIGHT nerf if you're wielding a stat stick that has lower atk spd than your main weapon, but not enough to put this gem in its place. it is still busted beyond measure
"
DmanCman wrote:
don't forget this

"

since you are up around CI I wonder if that is possible/ impossible to pull off...

I think you misunderstood that sentence. there was a bug with blade flurry dualwielding before, now it works as intended. Valid means that if the off hand cant be used with the skill, it only uses the attack speed of the weapon that can, not the other way around.

"When the player has two different weapons equipped when using a skill that only works with one of them, only the valid weapon will be used for attacks made with that skill." - Wikipedia on Dual Wielding

you cant go CI with this build since we take acrobatics. if you want a ci elemental damage blade flurry build, make an inquisitor with crit :)
Last edited by Priory on Nov 30, 2016, 5:56:14 PM
I'm sort of dumb, but is there a reason to take a claw over a foil? Especially with the weapon radius changes would it not be more preferable to use a foil to gain more clear speed?
Oops posted it twice
Last edited by Chances09 on Nov 30, 2016, 7:34:12 PM
"
Chances09 wrote:
I'm sort of dumb, but is there a reason to take a claw over a foil? Especially with the weapon radius changes would it not be more preferable to use a foil to gain more clear speed?

well for one, weapon range doesn't affect blade flurry, only Area of effect does :)

I chose claw over any other weapon because of the 25 life gained on hit implicit on the imperial claw base. Claw, dagger and swords can all get the same attack speed (meaning the same damage overall) and since we dont really use the critical strike chance the only difference is the implicit mod!
Ups i messed up and quoted my own post because i was on the phone
Last edited by Priory on Nov 30, 2016, 9:15:11 PM
"
Priory wrote:
"
Chances09 wrote:

well for one, weapon range doesn't affect blade flurry, only Area of effect does :)

I chose claw over any other weapon because of the 25 life gained on hit implicit on the imperial claw base. Claw, dagger and swords can all get the same attack speed (meaning the same damage overall) and since we dont really use the critical strike chance the only difference is the implicit mod!

Oh ok. I thought Blade Flurry was affected by the base AoE of the weapon.
Am I dumb and or missing something, how is elemental overload procced.. rng once in awhile crits?

Prolly gunna make a full lightning hyaons version [I like being thematic] either way but itd be nice to know so I could potentially put those 6 or w/e points somewhere else

Edit: Jk I am dumb, I've never used elemental overload and a quick peek at the wiki page for it made it very clear that even at 5% crit 2.5 attacks per sec or more and it should more or less always be up.
leaving this here anyway though just incase someone is as dumb as me.
Ur brim lad admiral of the hat squadron
Last edited by marzibear on Dec 1, 2016, 1:24:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info