[Theorycraft][HC] 100% Ele Blade Flurry Raider - Dodge/Evasion/Kintsugi Build

Heya people!

I am posting my build for the next league here, in the hopes that any of you have some good feedback in regards to item choices, skill tree or gems.

Recently added a spectral throw and split arrow version for people that are interested in having the same defensive layers on other elemental builds

Edit: Because of the reduced area of blade flurry after patch i will not be using conc effect even though it gives way more damage, i will however use lightning penetration instead of added cold, as it lowers our overall damage, but almost doubles the damage we do to bosses. Slightly lower damage against white monsters and half the time spent killing a boss is a good deal since the bosses are kinda deadly now. Damage numbers are in the build testing section

Short rundown
This is a full evasion/dodge build that uses LGOH-claw in main hand with as much attack speed and elemental damage as possible and catalyst in off hand for the DW ias bonus and extra elemental damage. Fortify + kintsugi + basalt + enfeeble to deal with any hard hitting attacks that get through evasion and dodge. With flasks, items and raider buffs we will have 66/75 dodge chance, be immune to status ailments and blinding and have 8 frenzy charges.

Skill Tree
Skill Tree

Bandits:
Normal - Oak
Cruel - Kraitlyn
Merciless - Kraitlyn

Items:
Main-Hand: Rare Imperial Claw (27% Ias is the most important. Look for flat Light>cold>Fire damage)
Off-Hand: Doryani’s Catalyst
Helmet: Devoto's Devotion
Armor: Kintsugi
Gloves: Rare (Ias/Life/2x Resistances)
Boots: Atziri’s Step
Amulet: Hinekora’s Sight
Ring 1: Rare (Life/Resistances/Elemental Damage with Weapons)
Ring 2: Rare (Life/Resistances/Elemental Damage with Weapons)
Belt: Rare (Life/Resistances/Elemental Damage with Weapons)

Jewels:
6x Life%/damage jewels

Flasks
Quartz Flask - Increased movement speed/Reduced Charges Used
Life Flask - Instant/Bleeding
Basalt Flask - Increased duration/Reduced Charges Used
Stibnite - Curse Immunity/Reduced Charges Used
Vessel Of Vinktar (flat Lightning damage version)

Skills:
Armor: GGBBBR (Tested in path of building. Sorted in order of importance)
Blade Flurry - Added Lightning Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Elemental Focus - Lightning Penetration - Faster Attacks

Helmet: BBGR
Wrath - Enlighten - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration

Gloves: RRGB
Cast When Damage Taken - GMP - Arctic breath - Immortal Call

Boots: GGGR
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blind

Main-Hand: B??
Lightning Golem - ???

Off-Hand: BBB
Blasphemy - Enlighten - Enfeeble

Recent Changes
- Dropped Alpha's howl for devoto's devotion. I also dropped the aura effectiveness nodes in favor for attack speed and dropped Herald of thunder. we get 1k more dps, 20% movement speed and 25% chaos res. We also save 1 skill point in the process. win win.

- Changed a few more things, yet again. Ended up with around a 10% theorized damage increase.

- Made Massive changes to the skill tree and items. dropped static electricity in favour of a life/damage jewel as it gives almost as much damage, and more life. Picked up elemental overload and the aoe nodes at witch area. lost around 200 life and 1% evade chance but i gained 50k dps and around 30 more mana to sustain my skills. edit: missed a jewel slot so i only lost 50hp and 1% evade chance overall.

Other Versions with same defensive layers
Spectral Throw Version
Used the same skill tree with minor changes to create a spectral throw version. This version uses a shield because ST works with maces. Otherwise it uses the same gear and has the same defenses.

Gem links are: ST - GMP - Faster Attacks - Added Lightning - WED - Elemental Focus
Skill Tree

Theoretical damage is: 63k
Split arrow Version
This build uses the tempest because of the increased lightning damage and high attack speed. Rare quiver with WED/life/resist

Gem links are: Split Arrow - Slower Projectiles - Faster Attacks - Added Lightning - WED - Pierce
Skill Tree

Theoretical damage is: 154k
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Last edited by Priory on Dec 6, 2016, 1:34:02 PM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 6:08:16 PM
accidentally quoted instead of edit. disregard
Last edited by Priory on Nov 25, 2016, 3:54:29 PM
Tool tip damage or you calculated it yourself?

"
Priory wrote:
Heya people!

I am posting my build for the next league here, in the hopes that any of you have some good feedback in regards to item choices, skill tree or gems.

Short rundown
This is a full evasion/dodge build that uses sword or claw in main hand with as much attack speed and elemental damage as possible and catalyst in off hand for the DW ias bonus and extra elemental damage. Fortify + kintsugi + basalt + enfeeble to deal with any hard hitting attacks that get through evasion and dodge. With flasks, items and raider buffs we will have 66/75 dodge chance, be immune to status ailments and blinding and have 8 frenzy charges.

Hoping for some good feedback! Thank you!

Skill Tree
Skill tree

Items:
Main-Hand: Rare Sword/Claw (Ias/flat fire, cold & light damage)
Off-Hand: Doryani’s Catalyst
Helmet: Alpha’s Howl
Armor: Kintsugi
Gloves: Rare (Ias/Life/2x Resistances)
Boots: Atziri’s Step
Amulet: Hinekora’s Sight
Ring 1: Rare (Life/Resistances/Elemental Damage with Weapons)
Ring 2: Rare (Life/Resistances/Elemental Damage with Weapons)
Belt: Rare (Life/Resistances/Elemental Damage with Weapons)

Flasks
Quartz Flask - Increased movement speed/Reduced Charges Used
Life Flask - Instant/Bleeding
Basalt Flask - Increased duration/Reduced Charges Used
Stibnite - Curse Immunity/Reduced Charges Used
Vessel Of Vinktar (flat Lightning damage version)

Skills:
Armor: GGGBBR
Blade Flurry - Faster Attacks - Added Lightning Damage - Added Cold Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage - Elemental Focus

Helmet: BBB?
Herald of Thunder - Wrath - Enlighten - ???

Gloves: RRGB
Cast When Damage Taken - GMP - Arctic breath - Immortal Call

Boots: GGRR
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blind

Main-Hand: RGB
Vaal Haste - Increased Duration - Lightning Golem

Off-Hand: BBB
Blasphemy - Enlighten - Enfeeble

Edit: Tested this build out in the new tool "path of building" with all gems auras and medium rares.

DPS In Hideout: 63k DPS (level 84 Enemy - Accuracy)
DPS With Charges: 107k DPS (level 84 Enemy - accuracy)
Life: 5799
Evade Chance: 60% (level 84 Enemy)
Block Chance: 10%
Dodge Chance: 66%
Spell Dodge Chance: 75%
"
Y_A_K_U_Z_A wrote:
Tool tip damage or you calculated it yourself?

Tool tip calculated by the program with all auras and 8 frenzy charges up. I changed the build a little now to get more life leech and damage.
Do you think Blade Flurry is better than a projectile attack such as Lightning Strike? With a proj attack, you can use proj nodes to get more damage. But at the same time, Blade Flurry is like a 100% More damage multiplier over using Lightning Strike in its current state :/

Either way, I think you still want to go crit. It'll provide more damage than EO, allow you to scale higher on gear, and it gives you better support gems in inc crit strikes/crit multi. And you're in the area of the tree where crit is cheap on passive nodes. Here's a quick tree in case you want to do that
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
look my profile character Вжиииииииик Shaper killed
i fiddled around with something similar.
basically i took my mathil's dreamfeather spectral throw build and am testing all different sorts of BF setups, from unique weapons, flat ele stacking, flat chaos weapons etc.
i have a cpl decent flat elemental weapons but by far and large the best outcome i got was with hyaon's and doryani's catalyst. dual hyaon's offers more DPS but not enough to merit the added dmg taken over doryani's.

without completely revamping my tree i got upwards of 15k tooltip damage per use with flasks and charges. by getting specific WED and elemental passives including elemental overload im sure i could get upwards of 25-30k tooltip with just single wield hyaon's and 10 frenzy.

problem is, it paled in comparison to just using dreamfeathers and stacking flat chaos for chaos/poison effect, and im talking PALED in comparison. even tho my current tooltip is only 3k on blade flurry, i kill bosses on average 5x faster than the flat elemental variant @15k tooltip.

for this version you'd want to skip either added cold damage or faster attacks and run inc aoe/conc effect. the conc effect 'more' damage modifier is just too great to pass up vs bosses.
this is another reason why hyaon's is great. its cheap and easy plus going around ranger and northwards its very easy to get lightning dmg modifiers.
especially with the flat lightning dmg to attacks version of vinktars, hyaon's will be your BiS by a mile if you're running raider with a bunch of frenzy charges. BY -- A -- MILE.

at this point lightning pen would be seriously good to use, but i THINK elemental focus would offer more DPS technically. for pure damage you could skip faster attacks for the pen, but eh...

so i'd suggest blade flurry, faster attacks, added lightning damage, elemental focus, WED, inc aoe/conc effect. hyaon's with shield or hyaon's with doryani's catalyst as a stat stick.

i'd change tree to something looking like this

not too much of a change, but grabbing up some flask nodes. then i'd change my belt to have flask charge duration and reduced flask charges so you can get 3 chugs out of all flasks at higher strength and much longer duration.
this will keep your vinktars up permanently even though you're not a pathfinder, especially if you can have poacher's mark curse, and that will be the source of your instant leech instead of using 15 passives to get leech + vaal pact.
Last edited by xMustard on Nov 29, 2016, 6:19:58 PM
"
Do you think Blade Flurry is better than a projectile attack such as Lightning Strike? With a proj attack, you can use proj nodes to get more damage. But at the same time, Blade Flurry is like a 100% More damage multiplier over using Lightning Strike in its current state :/

Either way, I think you still want to go crit. It'll provide more damage than EO, allow you to scale higher on gear, and it gives you better support gems in inc crit strikes/crit multi. And you're in the area of the tree where crit is cheap on passive nodes. Here's a quick tree in case you want to do that

I looked into lightning strike actually! tried to scale the projectile portion of the skill, it could be a very viable option if you like being further away from the monsters! the damage with the same level of gear was around 90-100k for the projectile part of the skill.

I tried to create a crit version around the idea, but as a hardcore player, i want to keep the same amount of defences in order to get to high tier maps. With the small amount of crit/multiplier i was able to get it just wasn't worth it. I was seeing lower damage when i crunched the numbers, no matter how hard i tried.

"
DarkPsyFury wrote:
look my profile character Вжиииииииик Shaper killed

Haha! Nice that's like the exact same build with a few gear changes! GG!

"
xMustard wrote:
i fiddled around with something similar.
basically i took my mathil's dreamfeather spectral throw build and am testing all different sorts of BF setups, from unique weapons, flat ele stacking, flat chaos weapons etc.
i have a cpl decent flat elemental weapons but by far and large the best outcome i got was with hyaon's and doryani's catalyst. dual hyaon's offers more DPS but not enough to merit the added dmg taken over doryani's.

without completely revamping my tree i got upwards of 15k tooltip damage per use with flasks and charges. by getting specific WED and elemental passives including elemental overload im sure i could get upwards of 25-30k tooltip with just single wield hyaon's and 10 frenzy.

problem is, it paled in comparison to just using dreamfeathers and stacking flat chaos for chaos/poison effect, and im talking PALED in comparison. even tho my current tooltip is only 3k on blade flurry, i kill bosses on average 5x faster than the flat elemental variant @15k tooltip.

for this version you'd want to skip either added cold damage or faster attacks and run inc aoe/conc effect. the conc effect 'more' damage modifier is just too great to pass up vs bosses.
this is another reason why hyaon's is great. its cheap and easy plus going around ranger and northwards its very easy to get lightning dmg modifiers.
especially with the flat lightning dmg to attacks version of vinktars, hyaon's will be your BiS by a mile if you're running raider with a bunch of frenzy charges. BY -- A -- MILE.

at this point lightning pen would be seriously good to use, but i THINK elemental focus would offer more DPS technically. for pure damage you could skip faster attacks for the pen, but eh...

so i'd suggest blade flurry, faster attacks, added lightning damage, elemental focus, WED, inc aoe/conc effect. hyaon's with shield or hyaon's with doryani's catalyst as a stat stick.

i'd change tree to something looking like this

not too much of a change, but grabbing up some flask nodes. then i'd change my belt to have flask charge duration and reduced flask charges so you can get 3 chugs out of all flasks at higher strength and much longer duration.
this will keep your vinktars up permanently even though you're not a pathfinder, especially if you can have poacher's mark curse, and that will be the source of your instant leech instead of using 15 passives to get leech + vaal pact.

Yeah, chaos is GG, but i do not want to scale physical and chaos for one more league, i am tired of it :D

I can tell you, with flat lightning damage from rings, wrath and lightning damage on a rare claw with 25-27 ias, you will do more damage than with hyaon's. Elemental damage scales with attack speed at a huge margin even more than with the 9 frenzy charges + hyaon's fury.

I am against switching curse as it will lower my defences. getting some flask nodes might be worth it, but i will wait to test that, until i see the patch notes!

I will re-test my skills and items and keep you updated with the exact numbers. should take around 30 minutes!

First i test the damage difference between added cold damage and Conc effect/inc. area

Damage with added cold damage = 194k DPS
Damage with Conc Effect = 244k DPS
Damage with inc. area = 153k DPS
damage with calculated light pen = 196k DPS (almost doubles damage against bosses)
damage with light pen + conc effect = 267k DPS (will be hard to roll 4B1R1G on the chest though :D )

from this conc effect indeed does way more damage. Personally i dislike having to change gems, but the damage increase is indeed worth it!

test between different weapon setups.
Damage is with current gear with conc effect

Damage with 27 ias claw and mid-high lighting damage = 244k DPS
Damage with perfect Hyaon's Fury = 232k DPS

P.s. Thank you so much for the insights! most of your suggestions i never even thought of!
Last edited by Priory on Nov 29, 2016, 7:36:25 PM
well if a normal ele weapon works better for you then its better.
hyaon's definitely is cheaper than a BiS ele weapon though, thats for sure.
stage1 dps?
stage6 dps?
wanna dps with linked support

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info