[2.5] Life based Scourge Blade Flurry, the Shaper/Guardians

In what order do you skill the ascendancy points?

And is it really not worth to get phase acrobatics?
Last edited by janus1231 on Dec 6, 2016, 8:47:05 AM
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
Does Grace really make a difference?
Couldn't you just link double curse on blasphemy with temp and vuln instead of using that flask?

I'm only talking about shaper here.

Grace does make a difference while mapping and against the Chimera and Minotaur. You can use double curse Blasphemy setup, of course.(that will boost your dps very high and it will be a nice choice against the shaper)
"
janus1231 wrote:
In what order do you skill the ascendancy points?

And is it really not worth to get phase acrobatics?

I chose Noxious Strike > Toxic Delivery > Unstable Infusion > Deadly Infusion

Phase Acrobatics wasn't worth it for me. The reason is because it took 4 points which means, i have to sacrifice Vaal Pact or DPS. And most of spells are one shot, meaning you die if you are unlucky(and i don't stack spell dodges with items because i had to cap ele res), so i chose to dodge spells by myself.
I tried this build but somehow it does not work.

I'm on the chaos version. I have the exact same tree, minus 2 jewels.
I have the two claws, belly, 5k hp, max res, 62% crit, all ascendancy points.

I'm pretty much identical to how you made it sound.

Went to shaper three times, it is impossible to kill him.

I do the four bosses easily, then go to shaper, dodge everything and just spam poison in him with wither totem.

His hp goes down EXTREMELY hard. I finally, after minutes, get him to open the minion portal. I kill them almost hardly, with use of flasks.

And then, it all ends. His hp just does not go down. Ice balls start appearing NON STOP, i try to gather them in one place but they appear 2-3 at a time. No matter how many hits I get in , his hp purely never goes down from that point (about 75%). My tool tip is 3k with all power charges and flask.

This ordeal lasts until the entire screen is filled with cold balls and vortexes, and i can't move any more and just die.

Three times exactly this happened.

I have no ideea how to get him to teleport me and re-begin the phase, it's impossible and the damage is minuscule.

I have almost the same scourge rolls, lvl 19 gems with 20 quality on all.

I seriously doubt that 1 level in the gems would bring my DPS so high as to make a difference.

I have no ideea how you can kill him or melt him, he is invincible.

Did I miss anything? Followed the build exactly and identical.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
I tried this build but somehow it does not work.

I'm on the chaos version. I have the exact same tree, minus 2 jewels.
I have the two claws, belly, 5k hp, max res, 62% crit, all ascendancy points.

I'm pretty much identical to how you made it sound.

Went to shaper three times, it is impossible to kill him.

I do the four bosses easily, then go to shaper, dodge everything and just spam poison in him with wither totem.

His hp goes down EXTREMELY hard. I finally, after minutes, get him to open the minion portal. I kill them almost hardly, with use of flasks.

And then, it all ends. His hp just does not go down. Ice balls start appearing NON STOP, i try to gather them in one place but they appear 2-3 at a time. No matter how many hits I get in , his hp purely never goes down from that point (about 75%). My tool tip is 3k with all power charges and flask.

This ordeal lasts until the entire screen is filled with cold balls and vortexes, and i can't move any more and just die.

Three times exactly this happened.

I have no ideea how to get him to teleport me and re-begin the phase, it's impossible and the damage is minuscule.

I have almost the same scourge rolls, lvl 19 gems with 20 quality on all.

I seriously doubt that 1 level in the gems would bring my DPS so high as to make a difference.

I have no ideea how you can kill him or melt him, he is invincible.

Did I miss anything? Followed the build exactly and identical.

You have to show me your gear and set your profile unprivate first before you say 'Followed the build exactly and identical'. And you do need Vaal Lightning Trap for the adds. Vortex, if that is spawning, you have to place it in the right place. The Shaper fight is more of a skill check and DPS check. Plus, only attack speed rolls on the Scourge matter for chaos version and if you think dps isn't enough, you can use abyssus as well. And having over 5.5k life and chaos jewels are important(and you have only 5k, 2 missing jewels and what's your level? i had 3k dps without charges and flasks). Because it won't let the Shaper kill you in a single shot with basic attacks. I have killed the Shaper within 6 mins on chaos and 6~8 mins on phys. version before it got nerfed. The nerf on BF isn't that much, it won't take that long time just like before.
Last edited by WarmKitty on Dec 14, 2016, 4:21:21 AM
Haha I laughed when I saw you bought the claws with 3c =) now they are 4 ex.
"
WarmKitty wrote:
You have to show me your gear and set your profile unprivate first before you say 'Followed the build exactly and identical'. And you do need Vaal Lightning Trap for the adds. Vortex, if that is spawning, you have to place it in the right place. The Shaper fight is more of a skill check and DPS check. Plus, only attack speed rolls on the Scourge matter for chaos version and if you think dps isn't enough, you can use abyssus as well. And having over 5.5k life and chaos jewels are important(and you have only 5k, 2 missing jewels and what's your level? i had 3k dps without charges and flasks). Because it won't let the Shaper kill you in a single shot with basic attacks. I have killed the Shaper within 6 mins on chaos and 6~8 mins on phys. version before it got nerfed. The nerf on BF isn't that much, it won't take that long time just like before.

Wtf i had my profile private I totally forgot. Unchecked now.

After another 8 ex spent on sets, I finally managed to do it but VERY, VERY hard.

I was not one shotted by normal attacks so I could tank them , I dodged every ball and laser. Used Vaal Lightning trap for adds (although it was a pain to charge it for the first phase).
The only problem is that his HP goes down EXTREMELY hard. This means I just dodge and hit him for minutes while 2-3 balls of ice vortex spawn at the same time, and even if I touch them all on the side I eventually end up just chasing balls and having the screen filled by them, and then the map is ruined completely.

I used conc effect instead of increased area on the links.

The only thing missing is that my gems are not lvl 20 (i have them 18 and 19 respectively), and I'm missing two jewels.

I find it hard to believe that leveling the gems only 2 levels and adding chaos jewels would switch from barely scratching shaper to melting him very fast.

I was able to get him to stage 3 very, very extremely hard.

I can't see how this is a viable build for shaper except probably min-maxing everything on your gear and gems, which takes ages and currency.
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
"
WarmKitty wrote:

Wtf i had my profile private I totally forgot. Unchecked now.

After another 8 ex spent on sets, I finally managed to do it but VERY, VERY hard.

I was not one shotted by normal attacks so I could tank them , I dodged every ball and laser. Used Vaal Lightning trap for adds (although it was a pain to charge it for the first phase).
The only problem is that his HP goes down EXTREMELY hard. This means I just dodge and hit him for minutes while 2-3 balls of ice vortex spawn at the same time, and even if I touch them all on the side I eventually end up just chasing balls and having the screen filled by them, and then the map is ruined completely.

I used conc effect instead of increased area on the links.

The only thing missing is that my gems are not lvl 20 (i have them 18 and 19 respectively), and I'm missing two jewels.

I find it hard to believe that leveling the gems only 2 levels and adding chaos jewels would switch from barely scratching shaper to melting him very fast.

I was able to get him to stage 3 very, very extremely hard.

I can't see how this is a viable build for shaper except probably min-maxing everything on your gear and gems, which takes ages and currency.

LoL You actually tried the Shaper at level 84 with that flask setup?(bring atziri's flask, that is both cheap and good) and you only have 144 accuracy from your gear which is very important. Compare your gear and level to mine. You said you followed my tree exactly the same, no you didn't. Reaching level 90 is vety important as well and it's in the guide. Sad for your sets, but i really wouldn't even try the Shaper at level 84. It doesn't take ages(i play 1~3 hours a day and usually don't play on weekday and i killed him with old gears)
Plus, about your jewels.. you're running chaos damage version, but why are there 2 physical damage mods on one jewel? that means, you're missing 3 jewels(jewels are very very important)
Last edited by WarmKitty on Dec 14, 2016, 8:57:07 AM
"
ScorpG wrote:
Haha I laughed when I saw you bought the claws with 3c =) now they are 4 ex.

Kinda sad about that :3
Level 84 means I was missing 2 jewels and a couple of life nodes. Since I dodged everything and wasn't getting oneshot at that life those nodes shouldn't matter.

The tree is changed because I used the full respec option to try another version of BF with shavs after I did shaper on your version. It had the tree exactly the same.

So what you mean is just by having extra accuracy (i was at 84% i think), 3 jewels, and the flasks it would mean the difference between facerolling shaper and geting exterminated by him?

This is very important to specify as for most players these differences are ignorable and most would think just getting the uniques and max res and the exact tree would mean they will also be able to kill shaper, which is highly wrong.

If minmaxing makes or breaks this build then it's not a very good one to advertise for shaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info