[3.4.0][Consecrated Path / Reave / BF] [BERS - dual crit] (Uber Elder / Aul / U Atziri - videos)

What exactly carries over from the doryanis? is it the implicit ele dmg or the ele dmg towards the bottom of the stats? or both? wondering what to look for when i go to buy one.
"
Jager235 wrote:
What exactly carries over from the doryanis? is it the implicit ele dmg or the ele dmg towards the bottom of the stats? or both? wondering what to look for when i go to buy one.

Look for global crit chance (40% max) and increased elemental damage (100% max) on Doryani. Physical damage on this weapon is not important since Blade Flurry does not work on mace.
Hi, I'm playing this build and I shall say that it is very fun, but I'm having problems of survivability.

I have capped resists and lightning coil + abyssus, but I still die quite a lot, not sure if I'm doing something wrong. You should cast endurance cry manually right?

Also, I saw ppl saying about Vaal Pact in the last pages, but the autor doesn't go for vaal pact in his char or in the poe planner, why is that?

Thank you!
"
ViDmEx wrote:
Hi, I'm playing this build and I shall say that it is very fun, but I'm having problems of survivability.

I have capped resists and lightning coil + abyssus, but I still die quite a lot, not sure if I'm doing something wrong. You should cast endurance cry manually right?

Also, I saw ppl saying about Vaal Pact in the last pages, but the autor doesn't go for vaal pact in his char or in the poe planner, why is that?

Thank you!

You absolutely need instant leech (Vaal Pact, or Atziri's Acuity if you can afford it) to survive. Without instant leech the build just doesn't work.
The author doesn't need Vaal Pact since he uses Atziri's Acuity for instant leech.

For survivability, make sure you are using the right flask setup, keep endurance charges up (manual cry), and use immortal call (I use a CWDT setup for it but I think the author uses it manually).
Also, make sure you keep Fortify up via Whirling Blades. Use 20% quality defensive gems (Fortify, Enduring Cry, Increased Duration, etc.).
Finally, you can use totems (Warchief or Decoy) to assist you during boss fights if needed.
I would really like to play this build in BHC but I am bit scared of survivability since many ppl complain about dying a lot.

Can some BHC players give some feedback ?

Thx :)
"
t1nytr0n wrote:
"
ViDmEx wrote:

Thank you!

You absolutely need instant leech (Vaal Pact, or Atziri's Acuity if you can afford it) to survive. Without instant leech the build just doesn't work.
The author doesn't need Vaal Pact since he uses Atziri's Acuity for instant leech.

For survivability, make sure you are using the right flask setup, keep endurance charges up (manual cry), and use immortal call (I use a CWDT setup for it but I think the author uses it manually).
Also, make sure you keep Fortify up via Whirling Blades. Use 20% quality defensive gems (Fortify, Enduring Cry, Increased Duration, etc.).
Finally, you can use totems (Warchief or Decoy) to assist you during boss fights if needed.

Thank you for yout answer!

I've used some respec points and now I have vaal pacts. I also keep using the cry and poping immortal call when possible (leveling up and CwDT). But I still dieng like a potato. I couldn't even finish a bazaar map because I died many times. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I melt mobs, but I just can't survive. Even when I'm killing them my lifes just goes so low that it is just a matter of time that I can't leech more than I get hitted and die.
"
ViDmEx wrote:

I've used some respec points and now I have vaal pacts. I also keep using the cry and poping immortal call when possible (leveling up and CwDT). But I still dieng like a potato. I couldn't even finish a bazaar map because I died many times. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I melt mobs, but I just can't survive. Even when I'm killing them my lifes just goes so low that it is just a matter of time that I can't leech more than I get hitted and die.

You can take a look at my offence and defence stats.

Offence (Just hatred + herald of ash + ice golem, no flask, increased area of effect gem)
Spoiler

Defence
Spoiler

My physical damage reduction before flask is 25% (you need this to be high for Abyssus).

Evasion is good to have but you don't have to stack this.

I have 76/74/74 resist on elemental weakness map.

My health pool is at 6336 and swapping some jewels I can have it close to 6600.

Going through your character, here are my observations:

"
- I can see that you are using a 49% Abyssus. Try to get a 40%. The difference is huge.

- You don't have many life stats on your gears. Try to get that as your life % nodes will benefit a lot from it.

- You are using Vinktar + Shock immunity flask, you can easily end up taking more damage if your quicksilver flask ran out of charges. I would suggest to replace Vinktar with a topaz flask. The +6 max lightning resist from topaz flask will further reduce incoming physical damage (because of Lightning Coil).

- You are using Death's Door and your life flask has bleed immunity. Replace 1 of those. Rare boots might be a better option since bleed is easily handled in regular mapping. You can use Death's Door for trials and lab. Also note that Death's Door has a side-effect. You are shocked for a longer duration.

- Ensure your lightning resist is at 75% in a map, otherwise you will take extra damage from Abyssus + Lightning Coil combo.

- Your CWDT is at level 5 but your Immortal Call is at level 19. A good CWDT + IC setup will be level 9 for CWDT and level 11 for Immortal Call

- I don't see you using any totem, try Warchief (my warchief does around 76K DPS). It does very good damage and it is very useful against reflect mob (this is a very likely cause of deaths, it has a special aura so look out for it and let warchief take care of it).

You can reference my flask setup:
Spoiler

- Life flask with bleed immunity for obvious reasons
- Ruby flask so that I can tank through fire breach with ease
- Topaz flask so that I can remove shock and tank through lightning breach with ease. It also helps to further mitigate Abyssus side-effect
- Taste of Hate (you can use Sapphire flask in place too) so that I can tank through cold breach with ease + huge damage boost
- Mana flask with freeze immunity, I used a mana flask here because you can have 5 use with a full flask and it recharges really fast.

Flasks I swap to:

- Quicksilver flask for trials and lab
- Atziri's Promise flask for chaos resist and more damage

I use this flask setup so I don't have to bother about what type of breach I will run into during regular mapping.

EDIT 1: Added more observations
EDIT 2: Added Death's Door side-effect in observations
Last edited by kira1414 on Dec 27, 2016, 8:17:35 PM
"
ViDmEx wrote:

I took a look at your character. There's a few things you might want to improve.

1) Your gems are underleveled. You might want to use better gems with some quality if possible. Increased AOE is actually crucial not only for clearspeed but also for defense, because it allows you to leech more efficiently, and keep enemies away from you.

2) You probably don't have enough Life. I don't see much life on your gear. Get %life on your jewels. Also, get the Blood Siphon node on the passive tree. You should have around 6K life at least.

3) Your CWDT setup doesn't trigger Immortal Call. Ideally you need a lvl 1 CWDT gem and a lvl 3 IC gem linked to it. That should help for clearing maps.

4) Not sure about your flask setup. I don't think you need Vinktar's (and the Adrenaline flask). If you can, use Taste of Hate instead. Otherwise, a Topaz flask. Or Lion's Roar.

5) Playstyle : it's still a "melee" build. You need to be "in their face" and leeching all the time. If you're not leeching, you die very quickly! Hit them before they hit you and you should be fine.

Edit : Kira beat me to it. Combine what he said with the above and you should be 100% fine :)
Last edited by t1nytr0n on Dec 27, 2016, 8:10:20 PM
personally, i'm running bino's with this setup til the wheels fall off. over 300k dps w inc aoe, over 500k w conc effect.

crazy

329,869.548 DPS with inc aoe out in my hideout, self buffs/flasks, which is up 100% during breaches/important stuff.

Last edited by wimpy_tuna on Dec 27, 2016, 11:38:52 PM
"
ViDmEx wrote:
But I still dieng like a potato. I couldn't even finish a bazaar map because I died many times. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

1) Change Abyssus to 40-41% increased Physical Damage taken, NOT MORE
2) Change Bino's to rare dagger with at least 250 pDPS (now your Binos provide 184 pDPS only, its worst roll ever)
3) Change all rings+amutent to +50 HP as minimum on each(75+ prefereble, thrown add.pDamege from it at this stage)
4) Change belt to Leather belt with HP " total: +130 to maximum Life"
Last edited by Mikes_Mekazukatoto on Dec 28, 2016, 2:08:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info