Blight

"
dyneol wrote:
"
Does blight stack by source output? In other words, if I have a spell totem channeling blight, and I cast blight myself, does the monster receive a total of 40 stacks? Or more creatively, if i had 5 totems, would each totem be able to stack 20, making for 100 possible stacks?

ty

I would like to know this as well. Nobody seems to have answered that one yet. :(

Same here i need some answers about that subject ! :)
"
Kenrian wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Does blight stack by source output? In other words, if I have a spell totem channeling blight, and I cast blight myself, does the monster receive a total of 40 stacks? Or more creatively, if i had 5 totems, would each totem be able to stack 20, making for 100 possible stacks?

ty

I would like to know this as well. Nobody seems to have answered that one yet. :(

Same here i need some answers about that subject ! :)

I'm pretty sure that Blight, cast by a single player, is limited to 20 "layers"; dual/triple/quadruple/etc. totem builds, are all limited to 20 total layers.

Which is a shame - because if the limit were 20 per source, then at least DPS would be good for totem builds.

As-is - AOE is terrible and DPS is adequate.

But the meta is fast clear and map completion - which demands high AOE or other means of killing lots of mobs quickly plus high DPS against bosses.

On both accounts - fast clear and high single target DPS - Blight is far behind other skills.

Yeah, you could use it - but if you want 40/40 in Breach - you'll achieve 40/40 far later than you would with a top tier build.
"
Biscuit57 wrote:

I'm lvl 81 at the moment and I'll report back after I get closer to 90

Blight is OK if you don't intend to achieve all challenges (40/40).

But, compared to top tier builds, Blight is terrible - AOE is awful and single target DPS is meh.

My complaint about Blight and other non-competitive skills is that there's a huge, huge difference between skills that can rapidly clear maps and kill bosses and skills that can clear maps, but at a slower pace and kill bosses, again at a slower pace.

If Breach League-style challenges continue into the future, anyone who wants to achieve 40/40 -= unless they can play POE 8+ hours a day for the entire league - needs a fast clear/high single-target DPS skill - like Blade Flurry.

Blight is so far behind Blade Flurry and top tier skills that it won't be played by anyone at all except those who really like the play style and either don't care about challenges or who are prepared to spend probably twice as long completing challenges with Blight as compared to top tier skills.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 14, 2017, 10:10:09 AM
Damage could be a bit better...

So I played my own version of blight so far lvl 96-> Lvl 21/20 gem, Low life in a 6L with empower lvl 4, max curse effect temp chains, vuln and witchfire brew and another dmg potion. I have decent amount of dmg from tree and i am also an occultist for the less chaos dmg resistance on enemies. Mob life + enfeeble and extra HP monsters and you can be standing there for a while casting away at it.

AoE could be reworked....

I have x2 AoE clusters on tree, AoE support gem, AoE on weapon and I also use dying sun on top and the AoE is barely enough to cover a pack of monsters. If it wasn't for profane bloom, I don't think I would enjoy it as much. You can forget about less aoe map mods it's just terrible to play.

I like the skill a lot but some changes should be made to make it more in line with other skills investment to make it work properly, I don't see how I could play this without all the AoE or damage I have.

My page is opened if you want to check the gear I use too.
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Last edited by D4wdl on Jan 28, 2017, 6:08:25 AM
Is blight bugged for PvP? I've been melting people 20 levels above me with my trickster using blight for the leo dailies. I don't even have to socket conc effect- just my 4l blight with trash gear and inc AOE. Blight is kinda slow for killing monsters but if your pvp opponent isn't CI, he gets totally screwed by standing in the purple wave for a second.
Blight might need some sort of buff, maybe limit max stack to 10 and make them stronger so it is possible to get to max damage faster, or extend the slowing effect on to mobs attack and cast speed too, or give it some decent threshold jewel,... its not exactly bad skill but it feel kinda underwhelming in comparison to others
"
pathofnogf wrote:
Is blight bugged for PvP? I've been melting people 20 levels above me with my trickster using blight for the leo dailies. I don't even have to socket conc effect- just my 4l blight with trash gear and inc AOE. Blight is kinda slow for killing monsters but if your pvp opponent isn't CI, he gets totally screwed by standing in the purple wave for a second.

That's probably because nobody has any chaos resistance.
pls ggg blight need some mechanic/aoe/damage type of buff to be competitive. Atm there is no point of using it over something like scorching ray in dot build. Unless the intention for it is to be used solely as cast on channel trigger. maybe double its damage per stack and reduce the max stacks to 10. And ad some base aoe
Last edited by Taudlitz on Jul 30, 2017, 12:20:29 PM
Is it intentional that this skill doesn't receive a damage bonus from AoE damage nodes? I ask because it seems kind of strange that a skill tagged with "AoE" has does 22.8 DPS both before and after getting Blast Radius and its 20% increased area damage.
"
Marikhen wrote:
Is it intentional that this skill doesn't receive a damage bonus from AoE damage nodes? I ask because it seems kind of strange that a skill tagged with "AoE" has does 22.8 DPS both before and after getting Blast Radius and its 20% increased area damage.

yeah its intentional, this change was introduced in 3.0. Before that modifiers to area damage did apply. To compensate for this Blight received 25% more damage at level 20

edit: now that I have played story line with blight I can tell that you can buff Blight by another 25% more damage and it would still not be competitive skill
Last edited by Taudlitz on Aug 13, 2017, 4:52:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info