Blight

Blight is Single Target skill. To those who wants to make Blight work as main skill, you are punishing yourself for no reason. It's viable and OKish, but well, there are synergies which make it hard to ignore them

TH Jewels made it work very well in combination with other skill, it works with Ancestral Bond (the hinder and dmg boost)

What is weird, but could be placed as "balancing" is that the hinder is lock the first blight stack so it expires with the first stack, but you can reapply only after other stacks expire, which makes it a bit harder to time out on stuff like Shaper or Uber Atziri.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Blight for me has been by far one of the most powerful skills I've come accross in POE. With my current set up I can reach 2M dps at max wither charges. All mobs, white blue and yellow all die with a single click of the button regardless of map tier. Blight scales a lot of damage from levels, Im using +1 Shavs with lvl4 empower making my blight skill lvl 26. The damage is absolutely insane and I have no idea why theres so much hate towards it.
Bosses melt pretty easily apart from Shaper who just takes a little longer due to his hp and defences.
All in all Blight is an incredible skill with much more pros than cons imo
yes, blight is pretty powerful, even if you correct your math and discard the hinder jewel effect from your calculation as it applies only for the first stack of Blight (not that it's not enough to just stack up and remove any boss in matter of seconds)

[unless it's bugged, which might be the case for those who consider Blight to be Op Op ]
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Nov 29, 2017, 6:01:08 PM
PvP reduction T constant. When?

Do we need someone to post 60sec HoGM run with Blight as main skill to get this skill finally fixed?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
Bonburner wrote:
"
pathofnogf wrote:
Is blight bugged for PvP? I've been melting people 20 levels above me with my trickster using blight for the leo dailies. I don't even have to socket conc effect- just my 4l blight with trash gear and inc AOE. Blight is kinda slow for killing monsters but if your pvp opponent isn't CI, he gets totally screwed by standing in the purple wave for a second.

That's probably because nobody has any chaos resistance.

You guessed wrong. Blight still totally wrecks any player it touches unless he is CI. You can look at what everyone has posted recently.
Developers' sadistic nature as is. Not fixing utterly broken skill for years, ignoring feedback, laughing at players.

For the amount of anger and despair the skill generated over its lifetime the designer who picked current pvp T constant will burn in hell for eternity.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Out of pvp this skill is particularly slow and very dangerous (tedious?) to use.

here's my idea to make this skill more enjoyable to play :

-Implement spreading rot effects to the base skill

-The new jewel threshold will allow us to cast blight in a nova

-As long as we cast blight, the area gets bigger (maybe 10 or 15% per jewel)

-BONUS : Green acid MTX

Diablo 2 poisonnova will be back.
Does increased AoE widen the angle of the cone or just increase the distance from the caster? If it widens the angle of the cone, is it possible to get full 360 degree coverage with enough AoE?
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Does increased AoE widen the angle of the cone or just increase the distance from the caster? If it widens the angle of the cone, is it possible to get full 360 degree coverage with enough AoE?

only range, angle stay same.
strong in pvp
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info