Blight

It's 2020... Why doesn't blight have a projectile tag? You're projecting it from your position. This would fix the reach that it has. Yes I understand it's aoe based, but it's aoe based from your character... which is projecting blight from their hand... Also if this is an AOE skill, why doesn't Increased area damage effect it? Lets get this fixed guys
Last edited by FlasherCatcher on Oct 11, 2020, 10:18:01 AM
Maybe because it's not a projectile?

Blight has 99 problems but this ain't one (hit me).
I played blight as main skill in several leagues and not being projectile was certainly not main problem of the skill. AOE is fine with some investment but it will never be zoom zoom screen clear skill.

My main problem is its limited scaling and utility because no crits, leech, shocks/freeze/burns, poison, bleed, conversion.... The slow from it is marginaly usefull but nothing to write home.

Its basicaly playstyle of lightning tendrils but more limited, so its better as complimentray skill for something like essence drain rather than the solo main skill.
"
Out of pvp this skill is particularly slow and very dangerous (tedious?) to use.

here's my idea to make this skill more enjoyable to play :

-Implement spreading rot effects to the base skill

-The new jewel threshold will allow us to cast blight in a nova

-As long as we cast blight, the area gets bigger (maybe 10 or 15% per jewel)

-BONUS : Green acid MTX

Diablo 2 poisonnova will be back.

Hi old me,

vaal blight and scientist blight are reality now, good job dude!
I played blight with Spreading rot on ED trickster, after unique jewels was removed GGG give us another way to inflict 15 wither stacks using blight after 3.20? Essence drain+contagion+ blight take too many sockets, I can't also use wither+ spell totem+ multiple totem to do the same thing than 2 passives and spreading rot jewel. Only 7 stacks from withering step lower the dps soo strongly. They could be implement wither effect as on spreading rot direcly on a blight reworked gem, only occultist doesn't matter.
Last edited by kuroineko666 on Dec 6, 2022, 6:08:49 PM
Blight received a 20% reduction of the base duration (from 2.5 seconds to 2 seconds) in patch 3.21, and now its users will often be affected by the nerf to Temporal Chains. This makes the downside of using Swift Affliction rather prohibitive for characters casting it themselves and might leave Arcane Surge as the only reasonable alternative. However, it's not a great choice - the toolboxes for arcane and chaos damage over time skills hardly overlap. A high level buff will be applied with a significant delay after one starts channeling. The difference is even greater when considering Awakened Swift Affliction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info