Content Update 2.4.2 Deployed

"
Shimaran wrote:
FOr now the 64-bit client can only be run in windowed mode...

There is a program called Windows Borderless Gamining. You can basically run POE_x64 in windowed mode but then use Windows Borderless Gaiming to remove the borders so it looks like its fullscreen. I would give this a try
When i run PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe my game is still on dx9:/ what is going on?
win 10, gtx 1070, 16gb ram and i5 - still dx9 :(
Last edited by r4plez on Nov 18, 2016, 1:18:07 PM
"
Jimiboner wrote:
Heya GGG! Love the game, just came back home before the new league to play it. Tried the new 64bit version with DX11 and it gave me the message: "Failed to create D3D11Device, your Hardware is not Direct X11 compatible."
Does this mean I will have to get a new computer before the new league to play because in your patch notes post, you stated: "This version will become the default for systems that support it at 2.5.0's release."?

Only if you WANT to use the x64 client, if your PC can't run DX11 you'll still be able to play DX9 - as you can see from the bolded text I quoted from you. Are you sure your GPU is DX11 compatible?
Doesn't work. Get your shit together because recently every new patch you do is fail. Every time bigger fail than previous one.
Last edited by Gosen on Nov 18, 2016, 1:05:24 PM
"
Mormega wrote:
"
Jimiboner wrote:
Heya GGG! Love the game, just came back home before the new league to play it. Tried the new 64bit version with DX11 and it gave me the message: "Failed to create D3D11Device, your Hardware is not Direct X11 compatible."
Does this mean I will have to get a new computer before the new league to play because in your patch notes post, you stated: "This version will become the default for systems that support it at 2.5.0's release."?

Only if you WANT to use the x64 client, if your PC can't run DX11 you'll still be able to play DX9 - as you can see from the bolded text I quoted from you. Are you sure your GPU is DX11 compatible?

i have gtx 1070 and win 10 and game runs on dx9 with x64bit client exe- its their fault not our's - this patch was released too early
Last edited by r4plez on Nov 18, 2016, 1:08:13 PM
So I tried the 64b client.
The FPS dropped that much I noticed it while standing in my HO.
Then I tried the 32b client and noticed the same.
I was sad, so I headed here to find out if somebody else has the same observations.
A few people here mentioned, that there is no "no shadows" setting in the 64b client, so I checked it and, well, the setting for shadows had been changed to "low shadows" even in the 32b client.
Changed it to "no shadows" I use normally and now the FPS is slightly better than before the patch.

So, please count me in the "add 'no shadows' setting in the 64b client" club. Or, at least, have two separate settings for shadows, so the 32b client won't use the auto-updated setting by the 64b client.

Off topic: I will have a new PC soon, so all this may not be relevant for me then, but as I saw, there are more people with crappy PCs.
There is no dark, it's just absence of light.
No packs yet?
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Thank you, GGG.

What I LOVE to see...

Transparency of the problem, and plans to reduce the likelihood of it happening again. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Game runs like a charm both on dx9 or 11 (win 7 ultimate 64 sp1 , x4 quad gtx 750ti 8gb ) especialy on my latest build the wormblaster that before sometime lagged the hell out .

grats .

IGN = Tominsideeeee

Anyone else experiencing a crash when exiting the game from the login screen after this patch/update? My screen will go black and I have to reboot my computer every time.
Derp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info