[2.5] Facebreaker Infernal Blow | Cheap | High Clear speed | Reliable

Versions
Spoiler

2.4 - Build conception
2.5 - Tiny buff... otherwise no other changes

Introduction:
Infernal blow is an old skill that has fallen out of favour since the rise of new skills like Earthquake and Blade Vortex, however the skill is still insanely powerful. Not only that, the skill has been receiving slight buffs for quite some time, both directly and indirectly, making it an underdog skill.

The build will focus on taking advantage of the free melee splash and great boost in aoe radius in the slayer ascendancy coupled with the 'Martial Artistry' jewel and facebreaker to achieve a massive screen wiping punch.

Build Concept:
Spoiler
-Make cheap build under 1ex
This is achieved by using Facebreaker, which is well known for dishing out damage equivalent to gears worth many times more

-Make melee great again!
Well, this one is debatable, but personally I feel great making half my screen blow up and the other half die from the explosion.

-Achieve High clear speed with at least decent survivabilty.
I beat merc lab in 5min 26sec so I suppose that will do.

-Actually I just wanted to be like One Punch Man and feel good
Well I can 1 shot rares at T8 maps even with the mod 30% more monster life, so I guess close enough

Videos [WIP]
Spoiler

Pros:
Spoiler
-Cheap
-Good Clear Speed
-Can run most maps
-Makes you hungry for more

Cons:
Spoiler
-Unarmed range is painful as fast moving monsters can actually walk away from your punch, effectively making you miss
-There are very specific uniques you need which can be a limiting factor
-You'll never hit 1 million dps, because that is how facebreakers work
-You'll miss the offscreening once you drop melee splash + inc aoe after merciless lab (only for a short while though)
-Makes you hungry for more?

Tree:
Spoiler

Final Tree (lvl 87)

33 points

47 points

68 points

84 points

102 points

Lvling guide for dummies/tips
Spoiler
Lvl 1 - kill hillock, grab infernal blow, and cleave. Proceed to lvl with cleave, but don't lose the double strike. I used a redbeak rusted sword till lvl 16
Lvl 4 - Get molten shell for lvling
Lvl 8 - Grab melee splash and added fire damage. Slot melee splash with infernal blow and clear packs with it, slot added fire damage with double strike, this will be your boss killer till lvl 16. If you have meginords equip it, if not get one and equip it.
Lvl 10 - killed brutus? Good now get shield charge for movement and equip a shield, you will move a lot faster already.
lvl 16 - Put on your gloves, check your straps, ditch cleave and double strike, but leave added fire damage alone somewhere else to lvl and proceed to dominate
*Don't forget to have nice jewellery with added physical damage mod for lots of damage
Also grab Herald of Ash, and if you want Arctic armour and Blood rage.
lvl 18 - Grab melee phyisical damage and elemental focus to lvl. Get two faster attack, one for infernal blow one for shield charge.
lvl 24 - Grab Enfeeble and Warlord's mark for lvling, you will equip them with blasphemy later
Lvl 31 - Grab Fire penetration, Blasphemy, Increased duration and Fortify (you can also get reduced mana as needed)
Lvl 34 - Grab a golem if you want one
Lvl 38 - Grab Increased Aoe, Cast when damage taken
lvl 46 - Equip Great old one's ward
lvl 60 - Equip abyssus and watch you damage soar
lvl 70 - you should be able to drop warlords mark

Not enough damage? Check your jewellery, you want +physical damage mods on it. Get as high of a roll as possible, but do not skimp out on your resistances and health.

Ascendancy:
Bane of Legends > Headsman > Impact > Endless Hunger

Bandits:
Oak, Oak, Kill all (Kraityn works too if you run blood rage)

Gem Setup:
Spoiler
This is listed in order of priority so if you don't have enough links slot the gems in following the given order
Main skill:
Pre merc lab: Infernal blow, Melee Splash, Faster Attack, Elemental Focus, Fire Penentration, Increased AOE
Post merc lab: Infernal Blow, Faster Attack, Elemental Focus, Fire Penetration, Melee Physical damage, Added fire damage
Movement:
Shield Charge, Faster attack, Fortify, reduced mana (optional)
Curses:
Before picking up leech on tree: Blasphemy, Warlords mark
After picking up leech on tree: Blasphemy, Enfeeble
CWDT setup:
Cast when damage taken (lvl 2 max), Immortal Call (lvl 4 max) , Molten Shell (lvl 11 max), Increased duration (optional #1), or your golem of choice (optional #2)
Auras, Heralds, and others:
Herald of Ash
Arctic armour (optional)
Blood Rage (optional)

Jewels
Spoiler
Martial Artistry

What else to look for
-Melee physical damage
-Increased damage
-Physical damage with shield
-Fire damage
-Life

Required Equipment
Spoiler

Example Equipment
Spoiler

Stats
Spoiler

Offense In town
Spoiler
no picture yet :(

Offense With all buffs up
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler
no picture yet :(

Lab run clear time
Spoiler

Maps to avoid
Spoiler

Can't run:
- Elemental reflect (don't try this one, even with rise of phoenix + ruby flask I managed to kill my self with only 13% reflect)

Annoying mods:
- cursed with vulnerability, I don't advise running with blood rage on but its 100% still doable just annoying

Update Log
Spoiler

Nov 15, 2016 - Thread created
Nov 24, 2016 - Added list of map mods to avoid
Nov 25, 2016 - Uploaded first video (please excuse my horrible voice)
Dec 04, 2016 - updated for 2.5
Last edited by QuietSea on Dec 4, 2016, 3:58:18 AM
Last bumped on Nov 10, 2017, 9:36:06 PM
Q&A:

Q: Will this be viable in 2.5

A: Yes it is, and in fact, the new uniques may even buff the build! Though I don't know if the 10% fire penetration + saving 3 points is enough to offset the loss in damage, but I believe that in the upcoming update this build will only get stronger.

Spoiler

HYPE!!

Q: Can you make video

A: Hopefully, life is hard and my PC is a toaster. I will do my best.
A: It's up now :D

Last edited by QuietSea on Nov 29, 2016, 3:18:45 PM
I was just thinking of starting the next League with an Infernal Blow FB build, and...here it is! Much appreciated on the build guide. This'll make an excellent starter, assuming i can grab FB's in a timely fashion. They'll be stupid expensive day 1 lol.
"
ScootaLewis wrote:
I was just thinking of starting the next League with an Infernal Blow FB build, and...here it is! Much appreciated on the build guide. This'll make an excellent starter, assuming i can grab FB's in a timely fashion. They'll be stupid expensive day 1 lol.

Thank you for responding to my guide, when following it, if you find things you are unsure of feel free to ask questions. I will answer them to the best of my capabilities
Last edited by QuietSea on Nov 16, 2016, 11:18:51 PM
bump :(
Looking into FB IB as a potential build for 2.5, do you think it will be good? Got any videos to share from 2.4? Thanks!
"
Lunarpac wrote:
Looking into FB IB as a potential build for 2.5, do you think it will be good? Got any videos to share from 2.4? Thanks!

Absolutely, the upcoming patch won't affect our mandatory uniques, nor should it affect the skill in any negative ways. The way I see it, the skill can only be buffed in the next patch. As to whether or not it can complete the breaches fast enough; you can one punch entire packs and even the rare monsters in it given the right situation.

As for the video, I'll do my best, but I have a toaster PC so that may be a bit hard. But I will try once I deal with my current summative work in school and free up some time.
"
QuietSea wrote:
"
Lunarpac wrote:

Absolutely, the upcoming patch won't affect our mandatory uniques, nor should it affect the skill in any negative ways. The way I see it, the skill can only be buffed in the next patch. As to whether or not it can complete the breaches fast enough; you can one punch entire packs and even the rare monsters in it given the right situation.

As for the video, I'll do my best, but I have a toaster PC so that may be a bit hard. But I will try once I deal with my current summative work in school and free up some time.

Thanks for the response. :) don't stress it, I was able to find some videos from a similar build so I have a general idea on how the build will play out.
I had the best experience with this build so far. It's really fun to play but feels a bit glass cannon like without a proper chest armor. Currently I am playing with a Tabula Rasa that could be the reason. Anyways I don't want to miss the 6 Links while I'm saving currency for a nice 6 Linked Belly of the Beast. At the moment my char is at 84 climbing and even with the Tabula Rasa Tier 5-7 are no problem with a bit of caution. A big nogo are maps with Ele Reflect :(
Last edited by ultra_banana on Nov 23, 2016, 3:31:42 PM
"
ultra_banana wrote:
I had the best experience with this build so far. It's really fun to play but feels a bit glass cannon like without a proper chest armor. Currently I am playing with a Tabula Rasa that could be the reason. Anyways I don't want to miss the 6 Links while I'm saving currency for a nice 6 Linked Belly of the Beast. At the moment my char is at 84 climbing and even with the Tabula Rasa Tier 5-7 are no problem with a bit of caution. A big nogo are maps with Ele Reflect :(

If you lack currency to afford a 6-link you can drop increased aoe or added fire damage and just use a 5 link instead.

And yes thanks for reminding me about the mapping issues, personally I found that only ele reflect really poses and problem for me, and degen maps are a bit annoying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info