Cloth Physics System in 2.4.2

"
GilgameshNL wrote:
Cloaks?!?!?! Shut up and take my money!!!

you wanted to say your dad money.
Looking forward to them.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Aui wrote:

1.) Technically and "forensicly" spoken PoE IS/WAS free to play. Practically seen you cannot be competitive in endgame with all that divinationcard-crap, jewels, gems, and stuff without buying stash tabs!!!
2.) PoE IS/WAS maybe the best ARPG; especially scince Blizzrd fu**ed up with Diablo 3. But flooding the game with more and more dubitable "things" and mechanics the game is getting out of control more and more. Introducing every new useful gem or item (well, NOT the new channelling skills) comes along with some OP builds. Just have a look at those 'cospris-discharge-builds' right now. And it seems that 90% of endgame viable builds are CI based atm. Coincidence???
3.) On top of that GGG managed to frustrate not even casual gamers trying to handle endgame-stuff but even streamers and hardcore-fans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIFOb8oRP3o

5 times G
(= GG GGG!)

Yeah I do not disagree with you, I never said PoE was perfect, I don't think it ever will be due to how some aspects of the game are too integral to be changed this far down the line.

It is still the best ARPG on the market, especially if you are looking for depth of play and freedom of player choice / sick of hand holding AAA+ cookie cutter titles. Even if we get realistic about the free to play part; 1 premium stash tab as well as boosting up to 7 regular tabs (so 8 in total) that's enough for div cards, chaos recipe storage, unique storage, essence storage, currency storage etc. it's the best $10 ARPG on the market with regular free content updates.

If stepping back and looking at it in this light, you don't see absolutely fucking fantastic value for money, then I think the user is blind :)

I give them money because I like what they are doing, so do MANY other people, hence MTX needs to take some focus for them to continue as a business.
Last edited by Sectiplave on Nov 15, 2016, 5:53:56 PM
PLease don't overdo it and raise the systems requirements too high. I don't have an old pc, but neither a high powered end of the line one. It was running fine until now and now i hope you at least offer options to allow pcs to continue running the game at lower quality settings.
also consider playabilty improvements before purely cosmetic visuals.
That's gonna be fancy to bad I don't have a cape..
Cool beans GGG!

I'm guessing cloaks will be possible due to dx11 transition. Looking very much forward to it. In time you should make use of all the dx11 advantages and make POE really shine graphically.

I'd like to see stuff like destructible environment, ragdoll effects and/or similar goodness in the future aswell.

p.s. and obligatory "Sweep MTX nao" :rant:
"
7thFullMoon wrote:
trump hair mtx pls

make poe mtx's great again
Firstly, these replies are embarrassing.

Could people stop with the quarter tweet sized flattery replies? My god. If you think it's awesome you could at least take the time to articulate why it's awesome.

Secondly, how do you honestly make a post/project about cloth and not mention/address the fact that this game is nicknamed Pants of Exile?

Ohhhh right, the mission is to torment players until they've spent money on you. Literally make us all walk around without pants until we behave the way you want (by spending) like some kind of warped abusive control freak parent.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on Nov 15, 2016, 7:42:40 PM
"
Innomen wrote:
Firstly, these replies are embarrassing.

Could people stop with the quarter tweet sized flattery replies? My god. If you think it's awesome you could at least take the time to articulate why it's awesome.

Secondly, how do you honestly make a post/project about cloth and not mention/address the fact that this game is nicknamed Pants of Exile?

Ohhhh right, the mission is to torment players until they've spent money on you. Literally make us all walk around without pants until we behave the way you want (by spending) like some kind of warped abusive control freak parent.

Are you seriously pissed off that 3 out of 7 characters don't wear pants? What is this pants fetish you got going?
So much rage. You all do realise it isn't just 1 team that does everything right? Stuff gets released when it's ready. Don't expect the art and design team working on mtxs, to handle core architecture implementation and changes. Completely different issues and skillsets.

Yes, I know there are other issues too, especially at the start of a new league when a bunch of new mechanics get live tested on everyone's different hardware configurations. Can't really avoid that, and they do appear to try and resolve these issues as they come up. Want to help them out? Heres a thought, upgrade your toasters every few years. Maybe do a little research on what you buy, and how compatible the core components are with the software you plan on running. If you are running a handmedown refurbished ex demo steam kettle, taped to a bathroom mirror, modified to run on rechargeable batteries, don't play in a full party as a crit ice build that shatters everything on the screen and will fry the POS video card that is about to melt through your motherboard.

GGG have been "incrementally improving the visuals" since the beginning, and are likely to continue to do so. So as a player, you need to incrementally upgrade your hardware too. There are issues with game engine stability with certain chipsets, but that does not mean they should bench thier visuals team so you can run on your "gaming PC".

PCs are not consoles, smartphones or tablets, with set hardware specs that can be designed and coded around. If you have parts in your hardware that are known to have issues with partial effects or whatever, why is it always "GGG, pls fix your broken fucking game", and not "shit I know nothing about pc hardware because I have been spoonfed with consoles and smartphones for the last 10 years, and maybe I should have looked into things before buying the cheapest device I could find that can open Facebook and Twitter".

Yeah, triggered.

That being said, a lot of the rage WOULD probably disappear if there were more graphical options to adjust that just blanket AA, antriscopic and shadows. People will always try to play games on machines that aren't really up to it, and will always complain about it not working. So some potato settings, while pretty much negating all the hard work your visual team has been doing, may go a long way towards calming the masses. At least for a few days, until another self entitled Redditer can oversimplify an issue again, thus finding something new they can devote thier time to complaining about, and somehow, give thier life meaning again.

Still triggered...
~Not To Be Taken~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info