Cloth Physics System in 2.4.2

so with all the time and resources that went into making a (let's be honest with ourselves here) no-doubt buggy addition to the physics system--because i can already feel the screenshots of people's capes wigging out and striping the screen, or some weird enemy or environmental effect causing the cloth to move far more than it should for some unforseen reason, cascading into some sort of game crash via too-much-calculations/load--rather than putting those towards making the game more stable on the client- and server-side? or fixing the catastrophic armor bugs (or really any of the numerous other preexisting bugs)? polishing up animations already ingame (casting animation on blade flurry, really)?

that time could have been used for something useful and substantial for the game itself, instead of a means to get more RTX dollars and distract people with something flashy to get off your case.
"
AndIMustMask wrote:
so with all the time and resources that went into making a (let's be honest with ourselves here) no-doubt buggy addition to the physics system--because i can already feel the screenshots of people's capes wigging out and striping the screen, or some weird enemy or environmental effect causing the cloth to move far more than it should for some unforseen reason, cascading into some sort of game crash via too-much-calculations/load--rather than putting those towards making the game more stable on the client- and server-side? or fixing the catastrophic armor bugs (or really any of the numerous other preexisting bugs)? polishing up animations already ingame (casting animation on blade flurry, really)?

that time could have been used for something useful and substantial for the game itself, instead of a means to get more RTX dollars and distract people with something flashy to get off your case.

Aaaannnddd this is the type of person i meant. /facepalm

Hey, guy, if you feel the game is so broken, and obviously unplayable, ask for a refund for all the $ you have spent. Oh. What's that? You haven't supported the company or game in any way? Not even an entry level supporter pack, for the development of the game?

It's OK, I understand. Clearly, being the talented magician you are, seeing into the future has taken so much of your attention, that you have had no time for anything else. Knowing how bad 3.0 will be, must be a heavy burden, but there are other likeminded parrots who can help. You can hold hands, cuddle puppies, sing motivational hymms, jerk each other off. After all, what happens on the line, stays on the line. Demand the attention seek, the thoughts you need validated, and the respect you deserve, because truely, YOUR opinion matters.

Your troll powers are sloppy, and have not yet developed enough to try using them outside of r/circlejerk.
~Not To Be Taken~
Last edited by Archerazor on Nov 16, 2016, 3:45:14 AM
"
Archerazor wrote:
"
AndIMustMask wrote:

Hey, guy, if you feel the game is so broken, and obviously unplayable, ask for a refund for all the $ you have spent. Oh. What's that? You haven't supported the company or game in any way? Not even an entry level supporter pack, for the development of the game?

It's OK, I understand. Clearly, being the talented magician you are, seeing into the future has taken so much of your attention, that you have had no time for anything else. Knowing how bad 3.0 will be, must be a heavy burden, but there are other likeminded parrots who can help. You can hold hands, cuddle puppies, sing motivational hymms, jerk each other off. After all, what happens on the line, stays on the line. Demand the attention seek, the thoughts you need validated, and the respect you deserve, because truely, YOUR opinion matters.

Your troll powers are sloppy, and have not yet developed enough to try using them outside of r/circlejerk.

While I agree with the sentiment of "if all you're going to do is bitch, fuckoff and play something else", no visible tags != no support.

You can buy points without getting a pack, and you can turn off titles.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Meanwhile, on less important news, BV and poison are still broken, and to combat poison we've made 2 guardians immune. BUT THE CLOTHS! ...
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
Cloaks. I like it. Hello Mysterious Mages.
"
Archerazor wrote:
"
AndIMustMask wrote:

see, the issue is that it isn't unplayable. It's quite enjoyable when those issues aren't rearing their ugly heads and keeping you from playing for their duration. I like the game, and want it to actually be a better game, not a graphical showcase at it's expense--especially with the issues still present in the game right now.

as for the assumption that because I don't have big shiny supporter tags under my name I don't support the game, how about YOU fuck off.
Already got my "Breachlord" pack haha

Also stocked up on more Mystery Boxes xD

Stahp making me want to spend money with these MTX's, GGG.

Or don't :)
"I don't really expect you to ever love me again; for all the things that I have done. I just hope that maybe one day you'll come to hate me a little less... and just like tides meet shores, my heart will surely break against yours."
"
Archerazor wrote:
"
AndIMustMask wrote:

You are acting sarcastic and nasty, you have ignored every point that poster has made, you have failed to recognize that supporter tags are not always visible, and you have made the 100% non-defensible assumption that someone who has not paid money to GGG is unable to offer legitimate criticism.

Am I missing anything?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Is an in-house physics engine being used, or is it something like Havok or Bullet?
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
"
Espionage724 wrote:
Is an in-house physics engine being used, or is it something like Havok or Bullet?

They built their own engine.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info