Cloth Physics System in 2.4.2

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

You are acting sarcastic and nasty, you have ignored every point that poster has made, you have failed to recognize that supporter tags are not always visible, and you have made the 100% non-defensible assumption that someone who has not paid money to GGG is unable to offer legitimate criticism.

Am I missing anything?

Yeah, you missed my main point.

True, I was acting sarcastic and nasty. Overly so admit, mainly because the very next post after I tried to explain that not all issues are purely client related, but hardware related, was another "omg game is bad fix it" post. I checked his profile and assumed that if he hadn't set a profile pic, hed wouldn't have gone in and intentionaly hidden purchases. May have been wrong, but I was pissed. It wasn't really directed at him either, but a common issue with free to play communities in general.

I have no problem with people wanting to adhere to the free to play aspect of the game. Good for you, you have something you can enjoy and it doesn't cost you anything. It's a really good thing. I do have a problem with the free to play model itself, as it has, and does, create a whole range of other issues.

The point I was trying to make is this, Why do free to players think they are entitled to anything? If you have not paid a cent, you havent purchased a product, so therfore u can't demand to have your problems resolved. It doesn't make any sense and just comes across as mindless complaining and what I generally assume to be entitled gen y bitching or attempted trolling.

This sort of attitude has been developing over the last few years, as companies have transitioned from pay to play, to free to play, and if nothing is done about it, it is only going to get worse. Currently, these attitudes are not even being discouraged, they are being ignored, or even accepted. If people keep at it, companies are going to find it more trouble than it it worth to deal with the community - Mobile developers do it, YouTube does it, lots more too probably. I don't want developers like GGG to be a thing of the past, in favour of a company that doesn't want to deal with the community, or the product after its released. I don't want to be stuck with developers who just want to quickly push out a rough product that makes as much money as possible, then ignore the issues.

GGG is pretty unique in the common market because they rose from being fans, to developers, gradually building their company and product, and have never been under the thumb of corporate management. Fucking perpetual growth and financial oversight at the expense of the product, drives me nuts.

So basically, one thing leads to another, and if this sort of entitled attitude doesn't get shut down, we will all pay for it. Or don't, and keep complaining about stuff and do nothing to help make the situation better. What do I know, I'm just some asshole on the internet.

Man, I really should take this as my final nudge to stop reading forums...
~Not To Be Taken~
I think you'll find such attitudes slightly less annoying if you remind yourself that free2play does not mean non-profit.

All players are at a minimum indirect sources of profit, even if they spend no money, just like all viewers of standard TV with commercials are sources of profit.

And, like TV viewers, players are subjected to a certain degree of inconvenience in return for their "free" media (commercials and and lack of storage space, respectively).

Keeping these players happy is an important component of business for GGG (as it is for all free2play games).

GGG is not a charity. If it were, I'd probably share your attitude, and might be even more hostile to that poster than you were.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Archerazor wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
-snip-

You are acting sarcastic and nasty, you have ignored every point that poster has made, you have failed to recognize that supporter tags are not always visible, and you have made the 100% non-defensible assumption that someone who has not paid money to GGG is unable to offer legitimate criticism.

Am I missing anything?

Nah, I personally think you got the lot, but he's behind the keyboard now where HE's the man.

Spoiler
Fair points and I agree with a lot of what you say. I know ggg ain't no charity and I understand the marketing value and exposure that f2players bring. I don't think of f2ps as plebs or any of that nonsense either. Its he constant whining and complaining about everything is a lot of the problem.

One minute, its all about the bugs, when they are clearly trying to fix the problems, and they are deploying patches asap. Then it's about moneygrabbing mtxs, when like you said, they ain't a charity and have to make money to keep the lights on, pay staff, fund development, FIX BUGS, and all the rest. Then it's the game ballance, and how life is op and es is trash, no wait they listened to everyone's feedback and introduced essences so that its now not only the top 1℅ who can afford the gear for ci, and this league its the other way round. Its the end of the world. Again.

I don't know. It all bugs me for the same reason I used to cringe when the babyRage emote was first released on Twitch. All I can think of when I read shit like that, is a bunch of infants screaming for someone to pay attention to them. It just kinda sickens me, and I don't get how everyone just puts up with it like it's a normal thing.

Welcome to the fucking internet right? It amazes even me that it still bothers me after all these years, but can't stand people like that IRL, and sadly, I don't think I will ever find those attitudes less annoying.

/crimeafukinriva bibleThump
~Not To Be Taken~
Last edited by Archerazor on Nov 22, 2016, 10:47:27 AM
Will there be any other cloaks coming soon or will we be stuck with the Breach capes for a while?
I want a cape, just not the Breach capes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info