Labyrinth is for NEET.

"
I love the circular argument people make to defend lab...

Casual: "I'm a casual player and I don't like this pseudo-hardcore crap."

Forum Whiteknight: "Then play slowly and carefully so you don't die."

Casual: "I have a job/spouse/kids/better shit to do, that's why I play casual. I can't dedicate hours to this shit."

Forum Whiteknight: "Then rush the lab, you can beat it in 10-15 minutes."

Casual: "You don't get it, I don't dedicate hours to this game because I play casual, so I don't have the GG gear and/or overlevel to rush."

Forum Whiteknight: "Then play slowly and..."

Long story short: Chris wants everyone to play HC, so everybody has to play HC. Even in Standard. There's no such thing as a "Standard build" anymore unless you literally do not give a single iota of a fuck and find it hilariously fun to softcap at level 60.

There is a big ass difference between rushing the lab, and going at it at a casual but reasonable pace.

When people whine they don't want to rush it usually equates to them spending 30+ minutes to get through 1 normal lab run, let alone an uber lab run. If you study the lab mechanics, use poelab.com and don't have a shit build, uber should take 20 minutes tops if you want your points as a casual player, 25 to 30 if you want all the keys.

Source - am pretty casual, take the lab at a casual ass pace and am still done with 4-5 keys in 20 minutes, and all I have to use is a 3rd or 4th rung meta/non meta build (see not BVPF or Juggernaut).

The simple fact is if it takes you an hour to stumble around the lab, and it isn't your first few times ever doing it, you are doing shit wrong, not much to defend there.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Nov 8, 2016, 11:28:14 AM
@Perq : It would be a nice discuss if you aren't sarcastic; Why would you bring out the best time record ? are you try to tell me this is standard clear time of all player ? or do you try to tell me this game should adjust by best player not by base player ? It's very long map and I haven't too much time to trial and error, if it not for a class I won't bother to get into it and I won't try to look for how to beat labyrinth because when I play a game I want an experience that I am finish it, not just follow walkthrough from someone to guide me, it feel like look for spoil before watch movie for me; if any clue or tip to beat this labyrinth, it should be in the game not only found on internet.

@Emphasy : 2 map per waypoint is the best I could give a time to trial and error. About second paragraph, I don't think it going to happen, if they could do it, they would do it for hardcore mode for help player from dead by disconnect.

@AkuTenshiiZero : I see, so most topic about labyrinth has an argue like that.
"

Long story short: Chris wants everyone to play HC, so everybody has to play HC. Even in Standard. There's no such thing as a "Standard build" anymore unless you literally do not give a single iota of a fuck and find it hilariously fun to softcap at level 60.

There is no such thing as a "hardcore build" either. Going too defensive gets you no advantage against traps. Movement and attackspeed is a far better option. They managed to homogenise all builds in a game like PoE, where you could play however the fuck you wanted.

Well fucking done.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
richter03 wrote:
and I won't try to look for how to beat labyrinth because when I play a game I want an experience that I am finish it, not just follow walkthrough from someone to guide me, it feel like look for spoil before watch movie for me; if any clue or tip to beat this labyrinth, it should be in the game not only found on internet.

Unfortunately for you labyrinth/Izaro will screw you badly if you do not look up information on the internet. There are clues in the game but without systematic testing (not really viable for a "casual" player) you will just die randomly to Izaro if you do not get that information from somewhere. You can probably do normal/cruel just by overleveling but starting with Merciless it will be a manner of luck if you do it on a good/bad day. Bad day uber lab will murder most players with most builds if not knowing the mechanics and/or the fight very well. There are also other problems in the lab which currently dont exist anywhere else in the game (darkshrines) which can make it (Izaro and traps) harder yet if you just touch one randomly.

Knowing how the traps work (what helps vs which trap) is also quite helpful and hard to find out for yourself without systematic testing.

The game has other such aspects - like how volatiles work. Why some do "nothing" whereas others can one shot high EHP characters.

PoE is very unfriendly towards this "no spoiler" type gameplay.

And dont let those "you should be able to do lab in x minutes" WKB posts bother you. You can look at the labyrinth ladders on this webpage for "best run on the day" times to get some idea about how fast other players are.

"
Pyrokar wrote:

There is no such thing as a "hardcore build" either. Going too defensive gets you no advantage against traps. Movement and attackspeed is a far better option. They managed to homogenise all builds in a game like PoE, where you could play however the fuck you wanted.

Well fucking done.

Yes there are "defensive hardcore builds" for lab/traps. Get as much life regen and phys %mitigation as possible. Lab/traps does not homogenize all builds. It is a different rule set which is applied.

No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Docbp87 wrote:
The lab takes like 15 minutes. Maybe 20 if you are slow. Sure, the first few times you ever run it, it might take longer, but that can be said about any game content. The reality is that PoE is NOT the ARPG for super casual players that want everything handed to them. That is Diablo 3.

Also, this probably didn't need ANOTHER thread. There are quite a few threads about hating the labyrinth, that all say basically the same thing as this, and are hundreds of pages long.

And yet no attempts to make changes have been forth coming so here we are.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 8, 2016, 12:33:10 PM
"People complain about lab only in your eyes".

Well, dont play lab if you dont like it. If you need the points, ask for help then just dont do it.
Labs are tiring, boring and a waste of time.

The worst of all, is that they keep rubbing it in your face as an insult in the last update... an probably in future updates.
They want you to not play the game, and is a clear message.
Last edited by katchwi on Nov 8, 2016, 12:36:05 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
The lab takes like 15 minutes. Maybe 20 if you are slow. Sure, the first few times you ever run it, it might take longer, but that can be said about any game content. The reality is that PoE is NOT the ARPG for super casual players that want everything handed to them. That is Diablo 3.

Also, this probably didn't need ANOTHER thread. There are quite a few threads about hating the labyrinth, that all say basically the same thing as this, and are hundreds of pages long.

And yet no attempts to make changes have been forth coming so here we are.

Maybe changes haven't been made because GGG don't feel they need to change anything. I have a feeling that GGG thinks the lab is fine the way it is (as do I, and many other players). Players don't come here making loud threads to proclaim that "THE LAB IS JUST FINE LIKE IT IS. I EITHER DON'T MIND IT AT ALL, OR EVEN FIND IT TO BE A REWARDING EXPERIENCE"... which is why threads/posts bitching about the lab should be taken with a grain of salt. People don't come on the forum to rant and rave when they are happy with something the way it is...
U MAD?
"
richter03 wrote:

@j33bus : Are you sure about rich in this lab ? I run 1 and half hour with +105% rarity(from item and rarity gem) kill very thing in the path and I don't even get a single chaos orb, not even a alchemy orb; best thing I got is 3 rare jewels and 80 wisdom scrolls at once, other just rare equipment that I can't just teleport back to sell it at town.

It's about the keys not MF, the endgame chests are where the wealth comes from.
"
katchwi wrote:

The worst of all, is that they keep rubbing it in your face as an insult in the last update... an probably in future updates.

So a free game releasing some content you don't like is an insult ?

There is something really wrong here man .... and not something coming from GGG.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
@Zrevnur : Thanks for suggestion and enjoy discussion. I just want to have a good time, have fun with game so I if it going to rude my joy time I will ignored it; labyrinth in normal and cruel is enough for me to explorer and enjoy labyrinth map, I'm not going to play much after end game in nightmare anyway, mindless grind is boring and sleepy for me so I think I will stop after end game for awhile and wait until a new expansion come out to explorer and have a good time again.

@j33bus : Oh, I see. Thanks for info, I never pass the boss in last room.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info