Build of the Week S06E08 Ranged Attack Totem Tactical Nuke by russelhentz

"
Langhun wrote:
Nice one. Interesting build with clever interaction. I will probably try to do something like that with shockwave totem. :)

Hmm...well, Shockwave Totem would offer you higher damage since it'd be doing it's own damage in addition to the reflect damage, but lower clearspeed against packs (especially large/spread out packs) since it can't reach as far as Ranged Attack Totem. That said, RAT can just be boosted by using a different bow instead (build creator uses Quill Rain just in order to pull in mobs faster with its insane attack speed). Shockwave Totem would require you to divert points into dealing with the totems' slow cast speed, though. So overall, I'm not sure if it'd end up being worth it.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 3, 2016, 1:08:22 PM
Another avoid Wormblaster
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:
Nice one. Interesting build with clever interaction. I will probably try to do something like that with shockwave totem. :)

Hmm...well, Shockwave Totem would offer you higher damage since it'd be doing it's own damage in addition to the reflect damage, but lower clearspeed against packs (especially large/spread out packs) since it can't reach as far as Ranged Attack Totem. That said, RAT can just be boosted by using a different bow instead (build creator uses Quill Rain just in order to pull in mobs faster with its insane attack speed). Shockwave Totem would require you to divert points into dealing with the totems' slow cast speed, though. So overall, I'm not sure if it'd end up being worth it.

Actually quill rain provides more dmg then shockwave ever will. Ranged attack Totems attack speed are based off of his weapons attack thus sucking them in faster, along with the fact that it procs more ignites due to the speed at which shots are being applied. This means the mobs get to the reflected dmg by being closer to the totems faster and proc the reflected damage more frequently by using a faster weapon. Shockwave totem would hit far less then a ranged attack totem ever will thus it wouldn't make use of the eye of innocence / chieftain combo efficiently. You also mention that him using a different bow would add to the damage but that in itself is also not true. The build utilizes all it's points into aiming for totem life to scale the dmg of the reflect along with life and dual curse ontop of that. After going for all that he gains no dmg elsewhere so utilizing a weapon that deals more dmg would do effectively no damage as it's scaled by nothing. Attack speed is what scales the dmg most in this instance as it procs the burn and hence the next fastest bow from quill rain's 3.0 ias would be storm clouds 1.95 then a thicket bow/lioneye's glare 1.74. If you feel that gaining fire damage on the tree would boost the damage that's actually not the case, so gaining fire dmg on a bow would be useless in scaling it like that. You can't scale reflected dmg through damage modifiers. The only way to scale it is attack speed since it procs the burn more frequently, totem life as that's what the base hit from the reflect originates from, and the monsters fire resistance that you are hitting hence the two curses + elemental equilibrium. the best way to describe how to scale the damage in this build is righteous fire. It scales from everything righteous fire does except instead of fire damage modifiers on the tree you aim for attack speed (along with the fact that you can't link gems into the reflect dmg).

This build is way more complex then you make it out to seem, and as such is why it even made it to the build of the week. Someone that can come up with all that knowledge, while a lot of us have the very same knowledge like myself, most of us don't. The real aspect that is admirable about the whole thing is those that know the mechanics would be highly unlikely to come up with such a build as this. The reflected dmg through the chieftain totem mechanic is so overlooked as something you would never build around, but an added bonus to your totems in your everyday totem build.
Very cool and interesting build. Coulnd't have create it myself. Great job. I like :)
Last edited by MyBallsOnYaChin on Nov 3, 2016, 3:23:48 PM
Bex I love your voice but...

this build need 10 sec to kill a mob?
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
An interesting build.

But I still have no idea how that wording is giving this effect;
"Take 100 Fire Damage when you Ignite an Enemy" - I understand that your totems can count as you for an ignite force, but why the heck totems receive this damage?

I feel like this is a bug made into a build because its cool as fuck.

"
Shival wrote:
An interesting build.

But I still have no idea how that wording is giving this effect;
"Take 100 Fire Damage when you Ignite an Enemy" - I understand that your totems can count as you for an ignite force, but why the heck totems receive this damage?

I feel like this is a bug made into a build because its cool as fuck.

your totems copy your stats. Since they deal the ignite, they receive the fire hit on themselves.

And while they are immune, they still receive a "hit" that deals 0 damage, since they are immune/100%fire resistance.

Nifty build and obviously hc support potential, even for big clear speed, vacuuming entire rooms is handy as fuck.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"

this build need 10 sec to kill a mob?

Hipster wet dream build
"
ViralStigma wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:

Actually quill rain provides more dmg then shockwave ever will. Ranged attack Totems attack speed are based off of his weapons attack thus sucking them in faster, along with the fact that it procs more ignites due to the speed at which shots are being applied. This means the mobs get to the reflected dmg by being closer to the totems faster and proc the reflected damage more frequently by using a faster weapon. Shockwave totem would hit far less then a ranged attack totem ever will thus it wouldn't make use of the eye of innocence / chieftain combo efficiently. You also mention that him using a different bow would add to the damage but that in itself is also not true. The build utilizes all it's points into aiming for totem life to scale the dmg of the reflect along with life and dual curse ontop of that. After going for all that he gains no dmg elsewhere so utilizing a weapon that deals more dmg would do effectively no damage as it's scaled by nothing. Attack speed is what scales the dmg most in this instance as it procs the burn and hence the next fastest bow from quill rain's 3.0 ias would be storm clouds 1.95 then a thicket bow/lioneye's glare 1.74. If you feel that gaining fire damage on the tree would boost the damage that's actually not the case, so gaining fire dmg on a bow would be useless in scaling it like that. You can't scale reflected dmg through damage modifiers. The only way to scale it is attack speed since it procs the burn more frequently, totem life as that's what the base hit from the reflect originates from, and the monsters fire resistance that you are hitting hence the two curses + elemental equilibrium. the best way to describe how to scale the damage in this build is righteous fire. It scales from everything righteous fire does except instead of fire damage modifiers on the tree you aim for attack speed (along with the fact that you can't link gems into the reflect dmg).

This build is way more complex then you make it out to seem, and as such is why it even made it to the build of the week. Someone that can come up with all that knowledge, while a lot of us have the very same knowledge like myself, most of us don't. The real aspect that is admirable about the whole thing is those that know the mechanics would be highly unlikely to come up with such a build as this. The reflected dmg through the chieftain totem mechanic is so overlooked as something you would never build around, but an added bonus to your totems in your everyday totem build.

I was referring to the potential for doing some damage to mobs even before they reach the reflected damage "kill zone", not scaling the totems reflect damage itself. Whether that actually ends up resulting in a faster clearspeed is doubtful (which I also alluded to in my original comment) since you'd have to take some points away so as to invest in totem damage, cast speed and area (for Shockwave Totem) or Totem/Weapon damage (for a damaging Ranged Attack Totem variant).
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 3, 2016, 9:33:54 PM
This build is great example why Ranged Attack Totem should get massive buff because this clearing speed is simply pathetic.

It's painfully slow, 6200 hp is not impressive either.
Last edited by Elua on Nov 4, 2016, 9:45:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info