Build of the Week S06E08 Ranged Attack Totem Tactical Nuke by russelhentz

Gratz, Russelhentz. :)
Horrible content-creator and memelord.
Well that's basically c9q9md's reverse knockback totem build, but with Chieftain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll2sZ0Imd0o
Last edited by ellyot2k9 on Nov 2, 2016, 5:17:55 PM
This is pretty crafty, well done Russelhentz
the dps seems soooooooo low

should have showcased this build against phoenix
Life will be technically better Soon TM
Last edited by waskely on Nov 2, 2016, 5:23:32 PM
While this build is very unique/hipster/edgy... it seems like it barely can even kill anything. In some of those clips it took 15+ seconds to kill a pack of 5 mobs lol.
genius! :D
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Looks like an interesting build, but it's also taking advantage of one of the... quirks of the game. I have absolutely no idea why that would be considered a hit, it makes no sense.

- Friendly totem ignites an enemy.
- Amulet attempts to damage friendly totem.
- Amulet fails to damage friendly totem.

Path of Exile: LOOK OUT, SOMETHING HIT YOU!

No enemy ever interacted with the totem. The totem never took damage. No hit took place.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Nov 2, 2016, 5:32:49 PM
Lol wormblaster denied ^^
Dem dildos LUL
"
Sarno wrote:
Looks like an interesting build, but it's also taking advantage of one of the... quirks of the game. I have absolutely no idea why that would be considered a hit, it makes no sense.

- Friendly totem ignites an enemy.
- Amulet attempts to damage friendly totem.
- Amulet fails to damage friendly totem.

Path of Exile: LOOK OUT, SOMETHING HIT YOU!

No enemy ever interacted with the totem. The totem never took damage. No hit took place.

I think it makes sense, but I'm not a developer.

Totem attacks enemy
Totem ignites enemy
Totem receives 100 fire damage reflect from amulet
Totem ignores fire damage due to immunity

If you think about it as an order of operations, being immune to damage doesn't mean you aren't hit by whatever caused the damage. The calculation for the damage you take happens after the hit happens, the hit still had to happen for that calculation to take place.

This doesn't make me nearly as upset as being unable to be stunned by hiltless reflect damage.
Last edited by IceyDevil on Nov 2, 2016, 5:43:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info