Atlas of Worlds and Merge question.

When Essence Merges into Standard in a month or so, will the Atlas of World also merge into it? I have around 25% of the STD filled out, and around 80% of Essence filled out, so would they merged together so I should have (Minimally ofc) 80% of AoW unlocked after merger, or will I be stuck back to having to reunlock everything again?

Response from Support:

"
Hi there,

Thank you for the message. Unfortunately this is not information we are able to provide, however it may be announced at some point in the future on the forums.

Thank you again and if you need anything else please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
Rob
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Last edited by Totes_Adorbs on Nov 3, 2016, 9:47:46 AM
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2016, 1:48:01 AM
would be interesting to know, yes.

especially when it comes to shaped map types or sextants applied to the atlas.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
i have asked the same question to the support team & they couldn't answer me, instead they directed me to this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676002. where i asked my question on page 162 i believe & yet to get a answer. even after i made another post about it several pages later. so i guess nobody knows what will happen when essence league ends as far as the atlas goes!!
"FMR it's another day in paradise" IGN NEEDBLOOD
Last edited by coonass on Nov 2, 2016, 11:28:09 AM
They probably haven't decided yet. I expect it won't transfer, the same way lab trials didn't. We're supposed to unlock it all over again in each new league anyway, if we had fully unlocked atlas in standard and an empty one in temps I suppose it might turn some players away from temps.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 2, 2016, 11:31:23 AM
"
raics wrote:
They probably haven't decided yet. I expect it won't transfer, the same way lab trials didn't.
\

Lab trials did transfer, during prophecy I haven't done a single trial in STD and at the end of the league is was able to do the uber lab with my regular characters.
Conventional wisdom and past experience would lead us to believe "highest completion" would take the precedence for transfers. Would probably be the easiest path, aside from league Atlases not transferring at all. I feel like THAT option would be massively unpopular.

They could potentially try and merge both Atlases, so whatever you have unlocked in league would apply on top of standard. There's also the issue of having sextants applied to the same map on two different leagues. Which is retained?

I'm sure we'll get an announcement once GGG decides how to handle the league's ending.

"
raics wrote:
I expect it won't transfer

me too, especially since it's so easy to unlock them in standard by running some high level maps.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
IceDeal wrote:
Lab trials did transfer, during prophecy I haven't done a single trial in STD and at the end of the league is was able to do the uber lab with my regular characters.

Right, there was some talk that it doesn't transfer and I had both unlocked so couldn't verify it either way.

I'll stick with 'doesn't transfer' after all, not wanting to draw people away from temps makes a lot of sense to me and atlas is much more work than trials.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 2, 2016, 12:05:48 PM
I don't know man, a transfer would be really nice. I wouldn't see the con to it, as most people prefer STD anyhow, y'naw mean?

If anything, not having it transfer would dissuade me from doing Leagues as I wouldn't want all my hard work to go to waste.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Last edited by Totes_Adorbs on Nov 2, 2016, 12:19:33 PM
My standard atlas is slightly by a few maps more complete with my league one. I shaped different maps second time round. Kind of hope they don't merge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info