[3.0] crit 1h flicker, 1kk+ dps, amazing map farmer

"
im666im666 wrote:
"
im666im666 wrote:
Hey guys, i've just upgraded my dagger but now i have 3% less crit - 74 vs 76? My DPS tooltip got higher from 17k to 19.2k in HO with 2 auras. Are these 2% crucial or am i still good? Should i look for more crit somewhere? Is this an ok tooltip or am i still too low? It still feels that i can't maintain my charges properly on higher maps. What should i improve now? Thank you very much in advance :) P.S. I'm lvl 89 so don't have the final dagger tree part yet. Also i would like to know what do you think about my new dagger as well - i know it's still not BiS, but it's better now, is it already above average or still kinda low?

A little bump on this one :)

9% crit chance on the dagger is great. Damage is mediocre. DPS is great though because of the attack speed. But DPS/attack speed is useless for Flicker Strike. This is a great Blade Flurry dagger though. Also, Flicker Strike does not have a DPS tooltip. It is avg damage, same as Blade Flurry.

Your dagger has 271 DPS with 9% crit. You could probably sell it for some exalts and try to get a dagger that is better suited for Flicker Strike. Your dagger only has 179 avg. damage which is only around 15-20 damage better than a binos. Mine has 221 avg. damage:

As I said, you have a really nice Blade Flurry dagger there. Could keep it and swap it along with gem setup in Lightning Coil for the top bosses. But for Flicker Strike get something like mine. Just do a live search of daggers with 200 damage and 8.5% crit. Some pop up from time to time for real cheap because most ppl. think daggers without attack speed are useless. But with the insane "more attack speed" of flicker strike and multistrike, 25% increased attack speed on the dagger makes close to no difference.

Question back to you: is Atziris Acuity really worth it? I know OP said in first post they are BiS but I am using Shadows and Dust + Blasphemie-Assassins Mark for mapping for the insane damage bonus of the Rampage stacks (getting up to 500-700 stacks on Shaped Strand runs meaning 100-140% increased damage) on top of 94% crit chance with 3 power charges up. But I do oneshot myself on the occasional high health ele reflect rare...
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 22, 2017, 3:54:49 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:

Question back to you: is Atziris Acuity really worth it? I know OP said in first post they are BiS but I am using Shadows and Dust + Blasphemie-Assassins Mark for mapping for the insane damage bonus of the Rampage stacks (getting up to 500-700 stacks on Shaped Strand runs meaning 100-140% increased damage) on top of 94% crit chance with 3 power charges up. But I do oneshot myself on the occasional high health ele reflect rare...

Atziris Acuity feels pretty sweet, sometimes I get into situations when my hp drops from 5750 to ~500 and then instantly back to full, and then this rollercoaster repeats 2-4 times until the boss/pack is dead, I’m 95% certain that using any other gloves will get me killed in such situations. But if there is no need in better survivability then I guess using your setup is fine because as I stated before I’m experiencing some DPS issues while mapping (though no problems with bosses). Answering your question - I do see survivability improvement with Acuity so really depends whether you want to survive more or have way more DPS.

P.S. Thanks for your input on my question, I will look for a better dagger, again...
Last edited by im666im666 on Jan 22, 2017, 4:25:24 AM
"
im666im666 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Atziris Acuity feels pretty sweet, sometimes I get into situations when my hp drops from 5750 to ~500 and then instantly back to full, and then this rollercoaster repeats 2-4 times until the boss/pack is dead, I’m 95% certain that using any other gloves will get me killed in such situations. But if there is no need in better survivability then I guess using your setup is fine because as I stated before I’m experiencing some DPS issues while mapping (though no problems with bosses). Answering your question - I do see survivability improvement with Acuity so really depends whether you want to survive more or have way more DPS.

P.S. Thanks for your input on my question, I will look for a better dagger, again...

Alright, I am close to having 20 Shaped Reef maps. Will see how my setup does on T14 maps then. Will probably get Atziris Acuity if my deaths start coming more often. I just think 13-15ex investment in those gloves is only worth it if I simply cant level with Shadows and Dust any longer.

"
Mecielle wrote:
Concerning Frenzy charge generation:

I read many people have problems with keeping up their frenzy charges. While I went the route of getting the Blood Rage enchantment, there is an alternative. Not as good but also not as expensive or annoying to get as the enchantment.

Left of the Duelist leech nodes, get Cloth and Chain. This will give you 15% all resist. Now get a "The Green Dream" jewel and put it in the jewel socket left of that. Now you have +15% chance to get a frenzy charge on kill on top of what Blood Rage gives you. You can even boost that to 18% if you feel it is worth the additional passive.

While not a high priority, you will get Cloth and Chain anyway in higher levels to help with gearing to cap resists. But you will of course lose the damage and life you would otherwise get from the jewel socket.

Thinking this further:

Would 40%/43% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill (25% from Blood Rage, 15%/18% from "The Green Dream") be enough to keep frenzy charges as 6-7? If it is, we could get a different helmet enchant, like "9% increased Flicker Strike Damage per Frenzy Charge". With 7 charges up that would be 63% increased Flicker Strike damage. And all we lose, because we take Cloth and Chain anyway, is the damage/life from the jewel socket. Could be a nice tradeoff.

@1322837: Have you actually thought about/tested this?

Alright, I just went ahead and invested the currency to test this. The results:

The 40% chance is still easily able to keep max frenzys at all times.

So we can get another helmet enchantment if we go and use a "The Green Dream" in the jewel socket. I removed a very nice damage jewel so it would be more comparable. Would I get more damage when we use "The Green Dream" instead of a high damage 2ex Jewel and the "9% increased Flicker Strike Damage per Frenzy Charge" enchantment instead of the Blood Rage one?

Short answer yes.

Longer answer: My fully buffed (3 power charges, 7 frenzy charges, golem, hatred, Taste of Hate, Atziris Promise, Lion's Roar) Flicker Strike damage with clearspeed setup went from 93.000 to 103.000. While that is not as much as I expected, it is still a significant power boost to the build so I will definitely keep using this setup.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 22, 2017, 5:13:01 PM
kaef build
:333
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Mecielle wrote:
Very minor point, but you should maybe replace the "leveling section" with Blade Flurry. With the passive tree we follow while leveling the other skills you mentioned don't stand a chance.

Just get a Mightflay at level 35, equip 2 The Warden's Brand and start oneshotting everything until you reach Merc Act 4. Also a Great Old Ones Ward is a great addition at level 46. Until then use whatever shield you have so you get the bonus from the shield nodes we get on the tree.

If you don't like the -60% attack speed from the two rings, use phys damage rings you can use at your level. But using a Karui Charge with its attack speed bonus on top of movement speed will help with attack speed. Ah, and Maligaros of course for the small attack speed bonus, because you will be using those later on too if you don't want to go with Shadows and Dust.

I read many people have problems with keeping up their frenzy charges. While I went the route of getting the Blood Rage enchantment, there is an alternative. Not as good but also not as expensive or annoying to get as the enchantment.

Left of the Duelist leech nodes, get Cloth and Chain. This will give you 15% all resist. Now get a "The Green Dream" jewel and put it in the jewel socket left of that. Now you have +15% chance to get a frenzy charge on kill on top of what Blood Rage gives you. You can even boost that to 18% if you feel it is worth the additional passive.

While not a high priority, you will get Cloth and Chain anyway in higher levels to help with gearing to cap resists. But you will of course lose the damage and life you would otherwise get from the jewel socket.

Thinking this further:

Would 40%/43% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill (25% from Blood Rage, 15%/18% from "The Green Dream") be enough to keep frenzy charges as 6-7? If it is, we could get a different helmet enchant, like "9% increased Flicker Strike Damage per Frenzy Charge". With 7 charges up that would be 63% increased Flicker Strike damage. And all we lose, because we take Cloth and Chain anyway, is the damage/life from the jewel socket. Could be a nice tradeoff.

thx for lvling tips, i included them in my build!
about green dream - yeah, u can use that thing instead of BR enchantment on abyssus, i think with good gear, 40% chance to gain frenzy charge on kill still will be enough
"
Sky_is_Over wrote:
kaef build
:333
<3
"
1322837 wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Very minor point, but you should maybe replace the "leveling section" with Blade Flurry. With the passive tree we follow while leveling the other skills you mentioned don't stand a chance.

Just get a Mightflay at level 35, equip 2 The Warden's Brand and start oneshotting everything until you reach Merc Act 4. Also a Great Old Ones Ward is a great addition at level 46. Until then use whatever shield you have so you get the bonus from the shield nodes we get on the tree.

If you don't like the -60% attack speed from the two rings, use phys damage rings you can use at your level. But using a Karui Charge with its attack speed bonus on top of movement speed will help with attack speed. Ah, and Maligaros of course for the small attack speed bonus, because you will be using those later on too if you don't want to go with Shadows and Dust.

Thinking this further:

thx for lvling tips, i included them in my build!
about green dream - yeah, u can use that thing instead of BR enchantment on abyssus, i think with good gear, 40% chance to gain frenzy charge on kill still will be enough

I tested it, it actually is. Look at my last post^^

Should also mention that the leveling advice is for leveling with BF
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 23, 2017, 2:58:42 AM
I am gonna follow this build on a ranger.. will let you guys know how it goes, I am a relatively new player though :)
Whats the best way to gain endurance charges on this build if not using Warlord's Mark? Currently running assassin's for mana regen and power charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info